This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

I don't know quite what to take from last nights game. Is Maine that strong or is UML that bad. I tend to think the latter. Don't get me wrong, I think Maine played well, and Sirman played well, but I saw some things with Maine's D that better teams would've capatalized on. Great way to start tho!!

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      I don't know quite what to take from last nights game. Is Maine that strong or is UML that bad. I tend to think the latter. Don't get me wrong, I think Maine played well, and Sirman played well, but I saw some things with Maine's D that better teams would've capatalized on. Great way to start tho!!
      Probably a little bit of both, with a little extra of the latter.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

, but I saw some things with Maine's D that better teams would've capatalized on. Great way to start tho!!
        A good team would have scored 3 or 4 in the first on Maine. The D didn't look to good. I think they got better as the game went on but their are some holes to be dealt with
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

...Game #1 of a long season...they did alot of good things on the ice...they will adjust/progress and deal with whats ahead.

Comment

A great start to the season. I liked that they didn't let up

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              A good team would have scored 3 or 4 in the first on Maine. The D didn't look to good. I think they got better as the game went on but their are some holes to be dealt with
              Exactly. But it shouldn't have been THAT bad considering the D is made up of veterans. They aren't going to be facing goaltending like that again, probably for the rest of the season. So the D is going to have to get their chit together and quickly.

Comment

Defense can be worked on........offense....either you've got it or you don't, and Maine's got it!

Comment

There's nothing wrong with winning a few 8-4, 7-6, etc games. Much better than losing a few 1-0 games......

Comment

Originally posted by kel03909 View Post
                    A great start to the season. I liked that they didn't let up
                    Me too.

Comment

While I agree with what you say, I just finished watching unh at Miami, and saw some of the same early season mistakes in that game too. It's bound to happen early, hopefully the D will progress quickly to plug up the holes.
                      Miami 6 unh 3

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        There's nothing wrong with winning a few 8-4, 7-6, etc games. Much better than losing a few 1-0 games......
                        A win is a win, better than watching a loss any day of the week .

Comment

It will be interesting to see what they do tonight. In the past Maine has had a bad habit of letting the second game of a two game weekend go if the first is a win. I hate to say it but I'm guessing tonight will be a 4-4 tie or a 5-4 win.

Comment

What do you think of the lineup tonight.? Sirman in net again? or will Sullivan get a start?. Corkum in? for who. I thought Amestoy did pretty well so not sure who Corkum goes in for. Not sure if any D are available, Hegarty and Pryor might play or are they hurt? I'd say Pryor for Banwell if Pryor can go. I doubt Hegarty is ready

Comment

I think that Sirman will get the start again.

Comment

Definitely a good start to the season. Lets hope this type of scoring depth keeps up. Beattie really impressed me. He was a crossbar away from a second goal. He has the size and speed. Really like that line. Along with Mangene and Shemansky, those guys dont stop.

The D no doubt needs some work. Looked like they were taking a few too many risks, especially after taking the early lead. I think everyone wanted in on the rout and it may have caused some defensive breakdowns. Hopefully the d will get cleaned up and they can keep it around 2ish goals a game. That should be enough with this offense most nights.

Looking foward to see what tonight brings. Give Sullivan or Ouellette the start. Figuring out some sort of rotation for awhile would be best I think.

Great student section and crowd in general last night. Hoping for more of the same tonight as I will be taking a long time Maine fan, but Alfond virgin, to his first game.
                                Buzzy

Comment

Working...
                                X