X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
    Love the outside of the box stats. Excellent work.

I do realize that the majority of teams exclusively use 1 goalie, but Tim expected a competition/rotation, and he has seemingly declared a 'no 2nd place relevant' winner less than a month into the season.

Not to mention, a 2 headed goalie has found just about all of Maine's major successes.
    I don't see it like that. If Sullivan has a bad game, don't you think we'll see a different tender the next game?

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      I don't see it like that. If Sullivan has a bad game, don't you think we'll see a different tender the next game?
      Did that happen with Darling or Bishop?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Exactly, just like when we had established rotations, a good game friday didn't mean keep playing until you stink up the joint one night.

How is turning to someone else despite sullivan's good starts any more of a risk then if we keep playing him every game? Wouldn't you say the kid's gonna be due for a rough one eventually? can you predict the night? You can look **** fine in practice all week then give up 6 on Friday. Similarly, I've watched warmups and thought....man... he doesn't look like he's feelin it...and then he puts up an egg.

It's all well and good, though, because as far as most here are concerned, Sully is off the hook. Should he play a bad game this weekend, we'll all just pat him on the back for everything he's done before and maybe play someone else. Should Sirman come in and have a mediocre game...everyone can think: Are you happy now? As if to imply his mediocre game 1 night transfers to all nights, and he obviously would have lost those games sullivan won.
        Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Every situation is different. As I said, it didn't happen with Alfie either. Sirman had the inside track to start the season, and Sullivan has taken it with his play. For now.

Comment

Who was Alfies backup?, I can't remember. I do remember Alfie certainly didn't set the world on fire during the regular season, but he was pretty good when it mattered. Sully has been good, no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
              Every situation is different. As I said, it didn't happen with Alfie either. Sirman had the inside track to start the season, and Sullivan has taken it with his play. For now.
              Someone talked about the softy Sirman gave up. I guess that one did cost him if you're giving starts simply based on performance.

Look at how the numbers stack up when you take that softy away...

Sirman
              2-0-1 83.3%
              .911 Save Pct
              2.39 GAA (Facing Over 27 shots/game)

Sullivan
              4-1-1 75%
              .901 Save pct
              2.24 (Facing less than 23 shots/game)

This race is obviously Sullivans based on ice performance alone...
              Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Who was Alfies backup?, I can't remember. I do remember Alfie certainly didn't set the world on fire during the regular season, but he was pretty good when it mattered. Sully has been good, no doubt about it.
                Alfie's backup was 3-0-1 with a 1.73 gaa
                and a future all Hockey east goalie his senior year... also he played a lot for the Oilers and for the Senators in the NHL
                (and in my opinion, he was the "reason" that Maine lost to Minnesota in the Piotrowski game)

(but i didn't remember either, I had to look it up)
                Last edited by KnowItAll; 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  You had to remind us!..........
                  yeah but he did not remind us where Lake State was after they did all those things and suddenly stopped

Comment

Someone talked about the softy Sirman gave up. I guess that one did cost him if you're giving starts simply based on performance.

Look at how the numbers stack up when you take that softy away...

Sirman
                    2-0-1 83.3%
                    .911 Save Pct
                    2.39 GAA (Facing Over 27 shots/game)

Sullivan
                    4-1-1 75%
                    .901 Save pct
                    2.24 (Facing less than 23 shots/game)

This race is obviously Sullivans based on ice performance alone...
                    I like how calm and how square Sully plays. Very quiet. His numbers also include his first ever start in college hockey. His save percentage will grow. I was surprised he started the second game against Northeastern, I thought that would have been a good time to get Sirman in, but I'm not going to complain as long as the results are there.
                    Last edited by lkenney; 11-17-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Road games carry more weight than home in the PWR, so you've got a home series against an in conference non-TUC. The stakes couldnt have been lower to give someone else a mere look.
                      Road games carry the exact same weight as home games in the PWR.

Games against non-TUC teams have to be won. They aren't throwaway games. If the opponent is pitiful the win will get dropped from your RPI altogether - if you lose or tie to a non-TUC it can kill your RPI. If they somehow manage to become a TUC (hello Union) it can keep you from making the tournament. Not to mention it is two points in Hockey East...those points can be pretty valuable come March.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        (and in my opinion, he was the "reason" that Maine lost to Minnesota in the Piotrowski game)
                        to this day it ****es me off that yahtzee got the call over morrisson in the nc game... morrisson deserved and earned that game

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          to this day it ****es me off that yahtzee got the call over morrisson in the nc game... morrisson deserved and earned that game
                          I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                            Alfie's backup was 3-0-1 with a 1.73 gaa
                            and a future all Hockey east goalie his senior year... also he played a lot for the Oilers and for the Senators in the NHL

(but i didn't remember either, I had to look it up)
                            Air guitar Mikey!

Comment

During the regular 1999 season Grant was working with Alfie to make some changes in his game. Alfie struggled with those changes and his numbers reflected that. It simply wasn't working, Shawn told Alfie to relax and continue to play as he had in the past. Possibly NHL brass found the same faults with Alfie that Grant did causing him a position at the next level, although he played at Vancouver briefly.

Oh, coincidently Alfie is playing in Denmark for Soenderjyske and they won the championship last spring. He has retuned to play for them again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                                Hey, but it was the 'rotation'!
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X