This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

I am pretty sure that all three goalies knew that there was the possibility they would be the odd man out. I like a rotation as much as the next person, as it is nice to have two goalies with game experience and ready to go. That being said you ride the hot hand, Sirman has not exactly set the world on fire during his limited # of career starts, and Ouellette is unproven as of yet. Sullivan has been quite good so far and I see no reason to not start him the first BC game. If he turns in a stellar performance you give him the nod on Sunday as well.

Comment

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7417007/

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
        I am pretty sure that all three goalies knew that there was the possibility they would be the odd man out. I like a rotation as much as the next person, as it is nice to have two goalies with game experience and ready to go. That being said you ride the hot hand, Sirman has not exactly set the world on fire during his limited # of career starts, and Ouellette is unproven as of yet. Sullivan has been quite good so far and I see no reason to not start him the first BC game. If he turns in a stellar performance you give him the nod on Sunday as well.
        Nah. I'm sure they all were told they'd be part of the first three-goalie rotation in history. Sully would play the first period, Ouellette the second and Sirman the third. Overtimes would be handled by Josh Seeley.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
          Total coach-speak bluff and I'm calling him out on this one.

If this held weight, there would have been no reason not to give Shawn a rep this past weekend. If you're going to start your #1 in consecutive games, you put your best foot forward against stronger competition.

And if he does play Shawn THIS weekend...why do you not start him for a month, then throw him in a fire?

It's just bewildering how the goaltending is being handled right now.
          Yeah! What's the deal with starting a goalie who keeps winning!!!! Let's start a goalie who loses so we know what goalie can win!

It was so much better when we had inconsistent Darling and Wilson who most nights was good for 4 against! That way we knew who to start!

Coach please start someone else to satisfy the nutcases! Do you people actually believe what you are writing? For the last 3 years we went from horrible to awful to mediocre. Now we're good, bordering on very good and you are still complaining!

I have no clue as to what it takes to make you all happy!

As for me I am just going to continue to enjoy the season, I guess ignorance is bliss, since I know so much less than the rest of you!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
            I have no clue as to what it takes to make you all happy!!
            National Championship would be a good start
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              No, that would be a good finish.

Comment

Well I hope they can find a goaltender who can win games and give up no more than 2 goals a game! If they don't they have no chance!!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                  I have no clue as to what it takes to make you all happy!

As for me I am just going to continue to enjoy the season, I guess ignorance is bliss, since I know so much less than the rest of you!
                  you were happy when Jack was the coach.

and you also sometimes wear Scarlet, so I am not sure you can aunderstand why we Maine fans do and say what we do
                  Last edited by KnowItAll; 11-16-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Because they were so common before.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      Oullette on friday night....itz the perfect solution. You win, wow....chance to sweep with Sully on sunday and you got yourself a kid with tons of confidence. You lose, you chalk it off to inexperience, give him a few pats on the back, and you still have sully for sunday. Timid Tim, however, wont see the bigger picture. Yet to be impressed with how he handles the goalies.....his approach seems to be find someone who's hot right now and go with it, instead of developing for the future. But I will say this in his defense.....none of us see these guys in practice all week or knows whats in each ones head, so there aint a soul here who knows what to phk their talking about...so shuttaphkup.
                      I hesitate to openly question the considered views of a highly reputable (and dare I say it ... entertaining) poster who very more often then not is usually right. But since I am blindly reckless, I will go ahead anyway.
                      1. I do not understand these complaints about Coach Timothy Whitehead. He seems to me to be an excellent coach. There may be someone else you'd rather have, but i am not sure they are available.
                      2. Maine is currently rated #3 in the country. Is there any strong evidnce that their record would be better without the consistent play of Mr. Sullivan in net?
                      3. North Dakota would probably be #3 in the country if they had swept Maine instead of vice versa. Mr. Sullivan was in net for that sweep. He was in net for the tie against BU in their rink. That was due to "going with the hot goalie". No one seems willing to appreciate the momentum and confidence gained.
                      4. You suggest he should be developing his goalies. I think he IS developing at least one of his (freshman at that) goalies. Perhaps developing one goalie at a time is sound policy. Sirman's and Oullette's time will come. Pray that they take as much advantage of that moment as Mr. Sullivan has his opportunities.
                      5. I wonder why Maine fan's cannot be happy with their increadible fortune. And the coaching staff. I say again: Run with Mr. Sullivan as far as he takes you. When he stumbles (and humans do that), give him a break, and give that break to the next goalie in line. ENJOY your good fortune while it lasts.
                      Hockey East ... Just one among many other wonderful college hockey conferences ...

p.s. With over 17 million negative reputation points and growing ... Yea, that's right ... I'm BAD, irredeemably BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        you were happy when Jack was the coach.

and you also sometimes wear Scarlet, so I am not sure you can aunderstand why we Maine fans do and say what we do
                        KIA 0 for 2! I was broadcasting games when jack was there and was never impressed. My senior year I broadcast some 20 games and we had 1 WIN in the ECAC! Don't ever wear Scarlet, and refuse to get personal on some things. What I know is you "nutcases" have been crying for years and now you have a winning team and you are still crying.

"Confused? You won't be after the next edition of Soap!" That's pretty much what you all are characters on Soap, and KIA you are Bert!

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
                          Thanks, but I do need a response here!....

OK, but Sullivan isn't exactly going on a Tim Thomas run of shutouts here....nor a Ben Bishop run of 1-goal/game 'shutouts'

He's been fantastic, but you can't take what I said and use the games last weekend as a counterpoint, because that's just playing Monday quarterback. The decision of who to start comes before we know for sure what the guy does. Is the assumption that if Sullivan gave up 2 goals per game the others would have given up 5? Who's to say one of the other guys doesn't come into one of those nights a pitch a shutout? Where does the conversation go if that happens? We don't even know because the conversation hasn't presented itself. I'm just saying that I haven't seen enough of this race to call it already, as definitively as Tim seems to be doing.

Ride Mr. Sullivan for as far as 2 goals/game takes him? What if we do, he takes us to January, and Mr. Sullivan blows his knee? Now, in the heat of the season, we have to rely on guys that haven't seen action in 3 months.
                          I couldn't agree more. This was my frustration in the NU/ME thread discussing goalies. Sullivan has kept us in the games and our offense has won them. I don't call giving up 2 goals on 17-23 shots hot. What happens when we play a team that puts over 30 sog? We tie or lose. Sully will continue to play until he loses and he won't take us to January unless he gets hot.

The only way Sully doesn't play both games is if he gives up 4 goals on Fri.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                            I don't call giving up 2 goals on 17-23 shots hot. What happens when we play a team that puts over 30 sog? We tie or lose.
                            That's quite the assumption.

Comment

I was thinking to be the best but I like yours better.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                                That's quite the assumption.
                                No stats

Comment

Working...
                                X