X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Definitely.......BC would be my bet.
    *****http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/3/5/35859-obvious_troll.jpg******
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I agree with the experts here. Give Ouellette both games at Conte this weekend to keep him from running. It would be in the best interest of Maine hockey.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Where should I be looking to sit at BC? I can't wait to see my friend's (a Boston native) face when we "accidentally" end up in the visitors section.
        Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          I agree with the experts here. Give Ouellette both games at Conte this weekend to keep him from running. It would be in the best interest of Maine hockey.
          Yeah, and maybe after dropping 4-points to the Eagles the Timmy haters would explode like a volcano on here.

Comment

On Saturday the goal judge on the north end inadvertently turned on the red light. He was called over to the scorer’s bench by the refs for a short discussion and before he got back to his end of the ice the on ice officials dropped the puck. He ran like hell as the play came to his end of the ice, fortunately the play was broken up and nothing came of it. He appeared to be in better shape than some of the on ice officials.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              I disagree. Oullette should only be asked to shutout BC on friday night, not both games.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Garth Snow fired Scott Gordon and elevated Jack Capuano as the interm head coach of the Islanders.

Link

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                  On Saturday the goal judge on the north end inadvertently turned on the red light. He was called over to the scorer’s bench by the refs for a short discussion and before he got back to his end of the ice the on ice officials dropped the puck. He ran like hell as the play came to his end of the ice, fortunately the play was broken up and nothing came of it. He appeared to be in better shape than some of the on ice officials.
                  That discussion could've waited until after the game. No reason to hold the game up over it.
                  When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                    That discussion could've waited until after the game. No reason to hold the game up over it.
                    Also, did anyone else notice the goal judge texting whenever there was a whistle during the 3rd period? I know the student section did.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
                      WHY??...WHY??....WHY??... Was Sullivan starting both game? I mean, seriously, what the truck?!

YES. Danny has been GREAT! We're proud of him. At this point and time, he is our gamer. Agreed? Agreed.

But we have B.C. this weekend. If Danny is going to get two in a row this month, WHY wouldn't it be those games? What BETTER time to give anyone else a rep than back at home against a 1-win team? I say it like that because I still expect to see him start both games next weekend!!

While Sully has been great....I think it's a little reckless to call a 3-way-push a 1 horse race as of OCTOBER 22ND!

There's 3 goalies on the roster. You haven't even given the other freshman who apparently has enough skill to be considered in the NHL draft a 2nd look (I recall a lot of folks thinking Sully looked shaky and way off in his 1st and 2nd time on the ice and he seems to be settling in alright), and your opening day #1 hasn't lost a game yet!
                      Excuse me, but I beg to differ. While I agree that all three Maine goalies appear to be equally excellent and (perhaps almost) ready to play, one goes with the "hot" goalie. You seem to suggest that NU was a cakewalk. But I assure you they are a fast talented deadly Hockey East team (in spite of their temporarily snake-bitten luck and record). Maine was VERY FORTUNATE to come away with the sweep against NU. I have read about the game and have listened to others. With less "puck luck" Maine might have been swept, or at least alternated wins. I believe in the old adage ... when the coaches make a decision and the team wins, their decision was the right one. Mr. Sullivan may have played an important role in that weekend sweep. Two months from now after NU begins winning big, you might then appreciate the sweep more than you appear to do so now. I say ... ride Mr. Sullivan as far as his 2 goals per game take you or you may wish you had. Just my opinion of course. Nice post otherwise. I appreciated it.
                      Hockey East ... Just one among many other wonderful college hockey conferences ...

p.s. With over 17 million negative reputation points and growing ... Yea, that's right ... I'm BAD, irredeemably BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey East Super Fan View Post
                        Excuse me, but I beg to differ. While I agree that all three Maine goalies appear to be equally excellent and (perhaps almost) ready to play, one goes with the "hot" goalie. You seem to suggest that NU was a cakewalk. But I assure you they are a fast talented deadly Hockey East team (in spite of their temporarily snake-bitten luck and record). Maine was VERY FORTUNATE to come away with the sweep against NU. I have read about the game and have listened to others. With less "puck luck" Maine might have been swept, or at least alternated wins. I believe in the old adage ... when the coaches make a decision and the team wins, their decision was the right one. Mr. Sullivan may have played an important role in that weekend sweep. Two months from now after NU begins winning big, you might then appreciate the sweep more than you appear to do so now. I say ... ride Mr. Sullivan as far as his 2 goals per game take you or you may wish you had. Just my opinion of course. Nice post otherwise. I appreciated it.
                        I agree go with the hot hand, points are so important right now.........the team just keeps building in confidence.....the team has a lot of depth and I believe each player will have an opportunity to shine.
                        This team has a shot at the national championship game.........There is a lot of depth on this team and players on the bubble would probably start on other substandard teams. If a player wants to bail for a mediocre team, off the radar somewhere, so be it. I would recommend patience and keep working hard, so if the opportunity arises, have an impact when called upon to play.
                        Furthermore why "tinker" with a good thing. Unfortunately Maine hockey is about winning, filling the stands, and getting back to national prominence. Potential players/recruits will migrate to a winning program, even if they have to pay their dues sitting on the bench. Probably builds character........

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                          Yeah, and maybe after dropping 4-points to the Eagles the Timmy haters would explode like a volcano on here.

Originally posted by Hockey East Super Fan View Post
                          Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                          I agree go with the hot hand, points are so important right now.........the team just keeps building in confidence.....the team has a lot of depth and I believe each player will have an opportunity to shine.
                          This team has a shot at the national championship game.........There is a lot of depth on this team and players on the bubble would probably start on other substandard teams. If a player wants to bail for a mediocre team, off the radar somewhere, so be it. I would recommend patience and keep working hard, so if the opportunity arises, have an impact when called upon to play.
                          Furthermore why "tinker" with a good thing. Unfortunately Maine hockey is about winning, filling the stands, and getting back to national prominence. Potential players/recruits will migrate to a winning program, even if they have to pay their dues sitting on the bench. Probably builds character........
                          Hey kiljoys... I happen to agree with you, but times have changed. Everyone should be treated equal, regardless of whether one is better, or whether one has earned a certain privilege or not. Equal opportunity, equal pay, equal benefits, and in hockey, that means equal playing time whether or not one guy is better than the other. That's the way it is these days... play by the rules, you cheaters.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                            I disagree. Oullette should only be asked to shutout BC on friday night, not both games.
                            Forget Friday, make it Sunday... would make for a very interesting fan experience no matter which way it goes.

Comment

I cannot believe how "fickle" all (most) of you are! Honestly, if Tim were to rotate goalies and we lose some games you would be screaming "why is he not going with what is working!"....I think you all just like to complain, can't be happy that Maine Hockey is winning, the arena is electric every game and it's just plain fun to be a fan of Maine Hockey right now! Something is happening this year....enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mehockeyfan View Post
                                I cannot believe how "fickle" all (most) of you are! Honestly, if Tim were to rotate goalies and we lose some games you would be screaming "why is he not going with what is working!"....I think you all just like to complain, can't be happy that Maine Hockey is winning, the arena is electric every game and it's just plain fun to be a fan of Maine Hockey right now! Something is happening this year....enjoy it!
                                Its either what you say or we have memories and have seen what happens when 1 guy is it.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X