X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by rude1979us View Post
    I only saw the first 15 minutes of the game (stupid DVR!) but I'm surprised Dan Sullivan didn't get one of the three stars. He made some big stops and the one goal he did let in wasn't soft (seemed like a defensive break-down to me). How did he play the rest of the game?
    He got 3rd star on the radio, Macleod for NU was 2nd and Hegarty was 1st
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

goblackbears.com box score lists:

Three stars: 1. Diamond, Joey 2. Hegarty, Ryan 3.McNeely,Tyler

Comment

I only saw the first 15 minutes of the game (stupid DVR!) but I'm surprised Dan Sullivan didn't get one of the three stars. He made some big stops and the one goal he did let in wasn't soft (seemed like a defensive break-down to me). How did he play the rest of the game?
        I think he's been playing very well and very consistently, boring almost. But that's a good thing when we're talking about goaltenders! He's not flashy but he just seems to be in position and make the stops he should. I was a little worried on Saturday because Maine was territorially dominating for awhile and had a couple of long power plays, and he looked a little lonely down there. Lots of goaltenders lose their focus and get stale in situations like that and let in an easy one when they do finally get some action, but he didn't seem to be affected at all and made some nice stops when Northeastern came at him hard. Northeastern has some good speed, plays hard all the time, and has some pretty clever players who generate sneaky scoring chances, but Sullivan seemed unfazed by them. I'm a fan! But I think Sirmans might have similar potential and would like to see him get some playing time too.

Comment

goblackbears.com box score lists:

Three stars: 1. Diamond, Joey 2. Hegarty, Ryan 3.McNeely,Tyler
          , different strokes for different folks I would have given it to Diamond also but.....
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I REALLY like this team. When we get down in the score they just work harder. This is a fun team to watch.

Comment

highlights from hockey east...

takeaways:
              NU first goal - Maine caught on one side of the ice, NU with a terrific forecheck to force the turnover and from then on it was pretty academic
              Maine first goal - great play to keep it in at the blue line, terrific screen and a well placed shot
              NU second goal - lazy backcheck... diamond looked to give up on the play a bit when the NU guy put the breaks on... another goal from a prime spot
              Maine second goal - Diamond is just plain slippery... his strength on his slates with his short stature causes a lot of problems for bigger d-men.... great effort, great goal
              Maine third goal - Mangene turns the jets on and puts two defenders behind him, puck squirts out to Hegarty who has a ton of net staring at him... can't underestimate the importance of Shemansky who went hard to the net and took the two chasing defenders out of the play allowing the puck t get out to Hegarty.
              Maine fourth goal - Good hard work around the net front, puck comes free and Liedermark makes a nice play to get the puck on his stick and bangs it in... wonder if it was going wide at all as it hit Rawlings stick that was laying on the ice...
              Last edited by gscott13; 11-14-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I would really like to see Flynn on first and Abbott on second line next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  Mark Anthoine didn't figure on the score-sheet and goes under the rader but his presence was shown tonight on the ice. imo.
                  Agreed, he plays really physical. Same for Mangene in my opinion. I know he did indeed get the assist on the third goal but I feel like his speed and hustle creates so many more opportunities. This team has been so much fun to watch so far!

Comment

No Dakota sweeps Wisconsin at home, how big will that be come next April? GO Sioux!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                      No Dakota sweeps Wisconsin at home, how big will that be come next April? GO Sioux!
                      Thats what we want to here! Go ND!

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                        I think he's been playing very well and very consistently, boring almost. But that's a good thing when we're talking about goaltenders! He's not flashy but he just seems to be in position and make the stops he should. I was a little worried on Saturday because Maine was territorially dominating for awhile and had a couple of long power plays, and he looked a little lonely down there. Lots of goaltenders lose their focus and get stale in situations like that and let in an easy one when they do finally get some action, but he didn't seem to be affected at all and made some nice stops when Northeastern came at him hard. Northeastern has some good speed, plays hard all the time, and has some pretty clever players who generate sneaky scoring chances, but Sullivan seemed unfazed by them. I'm a fan! But I think Sirmans might have similar potential and would like to see him get some playing time too.
                        Sullivan is very Rask-like in his calm demeanor. The play around him could be going 100 MPH and he is just focused, and methodical.

HOWEVER....My sincere apologies if this has already been addressed....

And please recall I started the thread eluding to giving Tim some credit...so I'm not just looking for an excuse to burn him, but...

WHY??...WHY??....WHY??... Was Sullivan starting both game? I mean, seriously, what the truck?!

YES. Danny has been GREAT! We're proud of him. At this point and time, he is our gamer. Agreed? Agreed.

But we have B.C. this weekend. If Danny is going to get two in a row this month, WHY wouldn't it be those games? What BETTER time to give anyone else a rep than back at home against a 1-win team? I say it like that because I still expect to see him start both games next weekend!!

While Sully has been great....I think it's a little reckless to call a 3-way-push a 1 horse race as of OCTOBER 22ND!

There's 3 goalies on the roster. You haven't even given the other freshman who apparently has enough skill to be considered in the NHL draft a 2nd look (I recall a lot of folks thinking Sully looked shaky and way off in his 1st and 2nd time on the ice and he seems to be settling in alright), and your opening day #1 hasn't lost a game yet!

It's going to be Matty Lundin all over again cuz Tim is man-crushing early
                        Last edited by Howitz-ah; 11-14-2010, 09:54 PM.
                        Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          I wudnt be shocked I guess to see the Mack pull off home ice this season. I think theres no doubtthey will play the big 4 tuff all year....question will be how they handle the bottom part of hockey east. And the way it looks right now, they could supplant any one of the big 4 for home ice.
                          Definitely.......BC would be my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            , different strokes for different folks I would have given it to Diamond
                            Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by pucknut View Post
                              no dakota sweeps wisconsin at home, how big will that be come next april? Go sioux!
                              Huge!

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
                                Sullivan is very Rask-like in his calm demeanor. The play around him could be going 100 MPH and he is just focused, and methodical.

HOWEVER....My sincere apologies if this has already been addressed....

And please recall I started the thread eluding to giving Tim some credit...so I'm not just looking for an excuse to burn him, but...

WHY??...WHY??....WHY??... Was Sullivan starting both game? I mean, seriously, what the truck?!

YES. Danny has been GREAT! We're proud of him. At this point and time, he is our gamer. Agreed? Agreed.

But we have B.C. this weekend. If Danny is going to get two in a row this month, WHY wouldn't it be those games? What BETTER time to give anyone else a rep than back at home against a 1-win team? I say it like that because I still expect to see him start both games next weekend!!

While Sully has been great....I think it's a little reckless to call a 3-way-push a 1 horse race as of OCTOBER 22ND!

There's 3 goalies on the roster. You haven't even given the other freshman who apparently has enough skill to be considered in the NHL draft a 2nd look (I recall a lot of folks thinking Sully looked shaky and way off in his 1st and 2nd time on the ice and he seems to be settling in alright), and your opening day #1 hasn't lost a game yet!

It's going to be Matty Lundin all over again cuz Tim is man-crushing early
                                I was surprised that he didn't split the weekend as well. I don't think Sirman minds being the back-up and getting a scholarship to ride the pine most of the time.......but Ouellette is a different story. Whitehead might get away with playing him sparsely (or red-shirting?) this season........but next year will be a different story. Ouellette didn't come to Maine to play the role of Josh Seely.

Comment

Working...
                                X