This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Open comments to the Athletic Marketing Department...

I see you're trying to market Saturday's game as a 'Blackout'. A couple tips if you actually want it to be worthwhile or unique...

-Let that information leak out sooner than a front page graphic on the website the day before the game. It helps get the memo out to more than 15% of those going.

-If you're going to accept a sponser to make black shirts, make more than 1,000. Why promote a 'blackout' and then give something black to 20% of the crowd? That's kind of stupid, especially by then giving some of the limited ones you have to your concession crew. If Mardens can't pony up the cash to buy more than that, then either A...get a new or co-sponser for the event, or B...don't do it! Just because the team is planning to wear their 3rds doesn't mean you have to have a weak attempt at a themed night. We, the fans, just want to see the Flynn/House/Nyquist line combine for 27 goals in a game, and we'll be happy enough

You promote BLACKOUT....but the majority of the crowd didn't even get the memo and you don't have nearly enough black shirts....so the white jerseys end up outnumbering the black t-shirts in the crowd. AWESOME!

The only icing on the cake was that last year's blackout shirts were easily the coolest LOOKING free t-shirts I've ever received at a game...but...yea. Try a little harder next time.
    Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Can someone tell me what Time Warner Cable Portland channel 'Cox Sports' or CST is on? Their .ashx webpage containing channel lineups freezes up my browser.

Thanks

Comment

Looking forward to college hockey finally starting. The Union Leader (Manchester, NH) did an article on the UNH team in today's paper. The title of the article was something like "UNH keeps eyes on the prize". There were a few reader comments at the end of the story. I have included the best comment below:

"Wildcats' eyes on NCAA hockey prize"

Their eyes may be on it, but as long as Umile is there, their hands will never touch it......
        - Scott, Manchester

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
          Looking forward to college hockey finally starting. The Union Leader (Manchester, NH) did an article on the UNH team in today's paper. The title of the article was something like "UNH keeps eyes on the prize". There were a few reader comments at the end of the story. I have included the best comment below:

"Wildcats' eyes on NCAA hockey prize"

Their eyes may be on it, but as long as Umile is there, their hands will never touch it......
          - Scott, Manchester

Very good.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Hard to believe the season is upon us already. Doesn't seem like it was 7+ months ago that I was sitting in the gahdin. Big 3 weeks to start the season.

Comment

Just ordered my tickets for tonight. My first game in person in quite a few years.......I'm psyched!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                Just ordered my tickets for tonight. My first game in person in quite a few years.......I'm psyched!
                Just ordered mine too!

Anyone know if they're selling the team set of cards again this year?

Comment

There are already students lining up.

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
                    - Scott, Manchester
                    Bobo is that you?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                      Hey Sandie glad to see some enthusiasm for a change. I will look for a full report in the morning! I'll get my first live look when they play at BU, but they will be on the tube where I can see them next week and the following week on CBS so looking forward to that. Tonight I'll tune in via the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
                        Can someone tell me what Time Warner Cable Portland channel 'Cox Sports' or CST is on? Their .ashx webpage containing channel lineups freezes up my browser.

Thanks
                        i don't believe cox sports is available on twc in maine. when i lived on the south shore of massachusetts, we got it as part of the overlap from the providence market. i left it on the schedule for those living down there, etc.

Comment

Who own da Chiefs?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Who own da Chiefs?
                            Kansas City ?
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I was really impressed with the speed of the defense last night, especially O'Niell. I think that will be a HUGE asset to them as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                There are already students lining up.
                                The student crowd was amazing (and big!). You wouldn't even know that they were on break.

Comment

Working...
                                X