X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    I read that as he's our #1 and we'll try to work the others into the lineup when we can....
    I do too, and I'm excited to see if Dan can continue to emerge into this role. I think he looked calm and composed at BU and if the playoffs were tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar I'd have him between the pipes.

But by no means does that mean I want to give limited reps to the other guys. I'd still be playing them all somewhat equally....but probably just giving Dan the bigger games unless someone earns the spot over him.

Shawn was our opening day #1 and I'd like to wait for him to at least lose a start before I start limiting his reps.

Martin was the guy everyone thought would emerge as the #1, and we've only given him 1 look. Hey, one or two of those goals might have been softies, but it was the kid's 1st collegiate start, and he spent most of September dinged up. It was the 1st time in probably 6 months he had seen meaningful action close to that speed, and he probably had some rookie butterflies. Can we give this guy a 2nd look before we rarely play him and he becomes our next Matty Lundin?

Like I said, my hat off to Dan...if you asked me who Maine's #1 is right now, he'd be my answer. But lets keep looking and pushing each of them.
    Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
      I do too, and I'm excited to see if Dan can continue to emerge into this role. I think he looked calm and composed at BU and if the playoffs were tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar I'd have him between the pipes.

But by no means does that mean I want to give limited reps to the other guys. I'd still be playing them all somewhat equally....but probably just giving Dan the bigger games unless someone earns the spot over him.

Shawn was our opening day #1 and I'd like to wait for him to at least lose a start before I start limiting his reps.

Martin was the guy everyone thought would emerge as the #1, and we've only given him 1 look. Hey, one or two of those goals might have been softies, but it was the kid's 1st collegiate start, and he spent most of September dinged up. It was the 1st time in probably 6 months he had seen meaningful action close to that speed, and he probably had some rookie butterflies. Can we give this guy a 2nd look before we rarely play him and he becomes our next Matty Lundin?

Like I said, my hat off to Dan...if you asked me who Maine's #1 is right now, he'd be my answer. But lets keep looking and pushing each of them.
      Yes to the above and lets hope for Sullivan/Friday & Ouellette/Saturday....with a Sullivan/Sirman next weekend vs BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post

As I said before, throw Oullette out there first game against BC....letz see what hes got. challenge him.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
          bdn article on sullivan... also talks about the injury situation (though provides little clarity)

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...ong-for-bears/

one thing i read into it was that the job is sully's... white head says:

“We want to give the other goalies an opportunity to play when we can."

I read that as he's our #1 and we'll try to work the others into the lineup when we can....
          If Sully's the #1, which I can go with considering how well he's played, then wouldn't it make sense to redshirt Ouellette if we've got two capable goalies this season?

Also, Sully's rise to #1 certainly must have come as a shock to everyone involved with the team, as he's the only goalie who hasn't got his helmet painted, still wearing the plain white cage. If they had expected him to come in and make an impact, you can be sure he'd have had a painted mask. Ouellette does.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            If Sully's the #1, which I can go with considering how well he's played, then wouldn't it make sense to redshirt Ouellette if we've got two capable goalies this season?

Also, Sully's rise to #1 certainly must have come as a shock to everyone involved with the team, as he's the only goalie who hasn't got his helmet painted, still wearing the plain white cage. If they had expected him to come in and make an impact, you can be sure he'd have had a painted mask. Ouellette does.
            was it Michaud or Yeats who did not paint his for years?

and do you think that Ouelette can red shirt if he put on the jersey and sat on the bench for so many games? (I have seen him on the bench at many, if not all games, home and away)

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Probably at the end of the year the third man out will be obvious and something will happen then, like a transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

and do you think that Ouelette can red shirt if he put on the jersey and sat on the bench for so many games? (I have seen him on the bench at many, if not all games, home and away)
                Let's not forget that Ouelette has played a full game..

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

Yeats and he lost his mojo once it got painted

Sully has a painted helmet from what I 've heard, I haven't seen it but it comes from a good source
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

FYI, you have a doubleheader on Friday. The Northeastern women are also in Maine, playing Thursday at 7 pm and then on Friday at 2 pm.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                      FYI, you have a doubleheader on Friday. The Northeastern women are also in Maine, playing Thursday at 7 pm and then on Friday at 2 pm.
                      Oh good. Two more games I can miss.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Yeats and he lost his mojo once it got painted

Sully has a painted helmet from what I 've heard, I haven't seen it but it comes from a good source
                        Check Out Melissa Wades photos from the BU/Maine game

Comment

Wow. Someone is trying to sell 4 seats in Section EEE to the BC-Maine game for $59 each.

Good luck with that.

Comment

Sully is the #1 guy and it’s job to lose. He will be in net for both games until he falls flat on his face. Sirman is first in line and will replace Sully if he runs into problems. Of course a blowout game may get the other guys in sooner. Ouellette possess skill levels that the other two guys haven’t reached yet but is still more time is needed for other aspects of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                              The last womens game I attended the assistant coach for Maine told me to move from where I was sitting. He was a real pri*k about it. I don't need to deal with that crap so no point in going. It's not worth it when they're a 5 win team every season.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                Sully is the #1 guy and it’s job to lose. He will be in net for both games until he falls flat on his face.
                                Wow, you really think that? Looked what happened when Darling went down. Sirman needs to play some or Ouellette needs to play some(I don't expect that as he is behind the other 2)
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X