X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
    I was very impressed with Maine last night. It was my first time seeing them in person this year. It is unfortunate that they could not score when they were controlling play early. I will take a tie at BU.

I saw the Mangene play. I thought the penalty was complete BS. He got knocked over on the puck. After he landed on it, a BU player had his knee on Mangene's back.

I was confused a few times with the penalties and number of players on the ice. At one point BU had two players in the box and Maine had one. Despite this, they played 4 on 4. Did I miss something? Was the scoreboard incorrect?
    Yeah, it seemed like the scoreboard was incorrect on that one. As much as they seemed to try, the refs couldn't get in the way of a great college hockey game last night. Impressed how loud the Maine fans were after goals in there. I was in a BU suite so, had to stifle myself as best I could.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      Yeah, it seemed like the scoreboard was incorrect on that one. As much as they seemed to try, the refs couldn't get in the way of a great college hockey game last night. Impressed how loud the Maine fans were after goals in there. I was in a BU suite so, had to stifle myself as best I could.
      yes, the scoreboard was wrong, I cannot remember who was in the box for BU, but they put 4 up for BU, another number up for BU and 4 up for Maine, when Banwell was the only number 4 in either box, and BU was only called for one penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        I didn't see the replay. I was right behind the refs position so what I described in my last post was probably also what he saw. He was on his knees and supporting his upper body with his forearm, so the puck was in the space between his body and the ice. He could have moved it with the same hand he pulled it in with, IMO.

Either way, it's water over the dam. Was a great game.

Hope Diamond is OK, as well as House, O'Neil and Cross. Would like to see both teams at full strength when the Bears visit BC in a couple of weeks.
        well as I said, from where I was sitting, I thought it was a delay when I saw it in real time.... then the replay showed that it was certainly not a delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          So, this weekend against NU we should probably see Sullivan and Sirman in that order?
          Or we might see Sirman and Ouellette. Only practice this week will tell.

Comment

Ties are not unusual at Aggannis. I was at Aggannis in November 2006 when Maine had a 2 goal lead and BU rallied to tie the game. Final score 2-2. That was a team with Josh Soares Billy Ryan and Teddy Purcell's only year with Maine.

Comment

That was my end of the ice, so I got a good look up close and personal. Diamond took a jab at the puck in Milans pads before the whistle. That was a pretty weak slash call (Diamond didn't run him... gotta hit him to be considered runnin', and Diamond didn't hit him). The puck actually popped out, but then the whistle blew. Diamond was leaning against the crossbar and Clendening pushed him against it. Diamond just stared back at Clendening (and possibly mentioned something about his mom), and I guess that pizzed him off, because Clendening absolutely cold cocked him with an uppercut that would make Joe Frazier proud. Diamond went down like he was shot.

I ain't saying good nor bad about it... Clendening was sticking up for his goalie... then Flynn stuck up for his guy. All good to me, that's hockey. I was just a bit confused, and still am, as to how the ref saw it that BU should be awarded with an advantage after that.
              melissa wade got some good photos of it... doesn't look like millan was run from the first picture and the puck is clearly visible... http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2010/11/...es-no-7-maine/

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                Or we might see Sirman and Ouellette. Only practice this week will tell.
                Lets hope that Ouellette gets a shot sometime soon...maybe hard with the way the games lineup,but the NU series could be a good chance for him.

Comment

That was my end of the ice, so I got a good look up close and personal. Diamond took a jab at the puck in Milans pads before the whistle. That was a pretty weak slash call (Diamond didn't run him... gotta hit him to be considered runnin', and Diamond didn't hit him). The puck actually popped out, but then the whistle blew. Diamond was leaning against the crossbar and Clendening pushed him against it. Diamond just stared back at Clendening (and possibly mentioned something about his mom), and I guess that pizzed him off, because Clendening absolutely cold cocked him with an uppercut that would make Joe Frazier proud. Diamond went down like he was shot.

I ain't saying good nor bad about it... Clendening was sticking up for his goalie... then Flynn stuck up for his guy. All good to me, that's hockey. I was just a bit confused, and still am, as to how the ref saw it that BU should be awarded with an advantage after that.
                  Yeah, pretty bizarre calls on that one. I was positive Maine would get a PP, matching at worst if the zebras wimped out. But a PP for BU when Diamond got cold cocked while standing there with his hands down? It's amazing since contact to the head in the course of play will get you a game misconduct and a five minute major now.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    melissa wade got some good photos of it... doesn't look like millan was run from the first picture and the puck is clearly visible... http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2010/11/...es-no-7-maine/
                    That's it... photo's #46, 47 & 48.
                    I never saw what Flynn had done... was watching the action around Diamond and just figured Flynn was in that scrum. But he was away from the scrum and mixing it up with Connolly.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Getting tired of listening on radio and watching on tv! Thank god lobsters and weather are raising hell with going on the boat. I have season tickets and have only made it to two games! Not for long, ******* lobsters and work, its me time! Look forward to the rest of the season and dont intend on missing another game! GO BLUE! Any updates on House, Andersson, Diamond and O'neil....wow we are getting a pretty hefty list going here.

Comment

Re: Injuries

O'Neill and Diamond both suffered "lower body" injuries. Diamond came back for a shift in OT, but Whitehead said he clearly wasn't 100% and he wasn't sure if he was gonna miss any games. He said O'Neill will likely miss "a few weeks." Said he wasn't sure how much longer House will be out. Given the fact that he was "questionable" all week, I'd venture to guess it's nothing too serious.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                          Yeah, pretty bizarre calls on that one. I was positive Maine would get a PP, matching at worst if the zebras wimped out. But a PP for BU when Diamond got cold cocked while standing there with his hands down? It's amazing since contact to the head in the course of play will get you a game misconduct and a five minute major now.
                          It seems like only yesterday that Gryba did whatever he wanted to in the crease and had carte blanche from the officiating crew. And Currying the net off its moorings was a non-punishable crease activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            Re: Injuries

O'Neill and Diamond both suffered "lower body" injuries. Diamond came back for a shift in OT, but Whitehead said he clearly wasn't 100% and he wasn't sure if he was gonna miss any games. He said O'Neill will likely miss "a few weeks." Said he wasn't sure how much longer House will be out. Given the fact that he was "questionable" all week, I'd venture to guess it's nothing too serious.
                            ...Todays BDNews said that House had a Back Injury...but no timetable when he would be back.

Comment

INCH moves Maine up to 3rd and BU up to 1st!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlue! View Post
                                INCH moves Maine up to 3rd and BU up to 1st!!
                                Maine 5th in the updated USCHO poll.
                                http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
                                Last edited by Gusforhobey; 11-08-2010, 01:04 PM. Reason: link
                                Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Working...
                                X