X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I ain't saying good nor bad about it... Clendening was sticking up for his goalie... then Flynn stuck up for his guy. All good to me, that's hockey. I was just a bit confused, and still am, as to how the ref saw it that BU should be awarded with an advantage after that.
    Gosh, did you see the replay of the Delay of Game penalty? Mangene was knocked down onto the puck, he then had a BU knee resting on the back of his neck so that he could not possibly get up, or move... and Mangene was called for delay of game

I think the refs know not to call the guy who decks Diamond, just like they did not call the guys who decked Hextall for UND.. they deserve what they get.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
      Gosh, did you see the replay of the Delay of Game penalty? Mangene was knocked down onto the puck, he then had a BU knee resting on the back of his neck so that he could not possibly get up, or move... and Mangene was called for delay of game
      Nah... Mangene dove on that puck. Not a smart play. That was delay of game all the way. Even with the guy leaning on him, he could have shoveled the puck away with his hand. He made no attempt to do so.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

uscho write up mentions that diamond "missed much of the later portion of the game" with an injury... o'neill's was described as a lower body injury that occurred on the second shift of the game

Comment

Nah... Mangene dove on that puck. Not a smart play. That was delay of game all the way. Even with the guy leaning on him, he could have shoveled the puck away with his hand. He made no attempt to do so.
          didn't see the play, but fwiw, if he had been knocked down onto the puck, he is not obligated to try to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
            didn't see the play, but fwiw, if he had been knocked down onto the puck, he is not obligated to try to play it.
            Yup. But there were at least 2 people in the building that didn't think he was knocked down onto the puck... me and the ref.
            He may have been knocked down, but he reached out and pulled the puck under his body with his hand and prevented the opposing player from getting to it.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

that is what I thought till I saw the replay.
              he was hit from behind, then he had a knee on his neck, and he was protecting his hands while someone was kicking at the puck and hitting his head with the skate.

no penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                uscho write up mentions that diamond "missed much of the later portion of the game" with an injury... o'neill's was described as a lower body injury that occurred on the second shift of the game
                diamond could barely skate at one point, looked like a knee injury

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  that is what I thought till I saw the replay.
                  he was hit from behind, then he had a knee on his neck, and he was protecting his hands while someone was kicking at the puck and hitting his head with the skate.

no penalty.
                  I didn't see the replay. I was right behind the refs position so what I described in my last post was probably also what he saw. He was on his knees and supporting his upper body with his forearm, so the puck was in the space between his body and the ice. He could have moved it with the same hand he pulled it in with, IMO.

Either way, it's water over the dam. Was a great game.

Hope Diamond is OK, as well as House, O'Neil and Cross. Would like to see both teams at full strength when the Bears visit BC in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    ...but then again, the PP probably looked out of sync because House was out....
                    and O'Neill

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Not sure where Mangene dove on the puck but if it was on the boards and not near the crease, thats a bs call. Never seen it called before and I doubt I ever will unless I'm at Agannis
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Thx for all the "memory replays" guyz/girlz....chit, who needs to actually go to the game ? Sounds like it wuzza real war out there. Unfortuneately we got dinged up a bit? Any ratdawgs go to the hospital?
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Not sure where Mangene dove on the puck but if it was on the boards and not near the crease, thats a bs call. Never seen it called before and I doubt I ever will unless I'm at Agannis
                          Another phantom Jackie call?
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I was very impressed with Maine last night. It was my first time seeing them in person this year. It is unfortunate that they could not score when they were controlling play early. I will take a tie at BU.

I saw the Mangene play. I thought the penalty was complete BS. He got knocked over on the puck. After he landed on it, a BU player had his knee on Mangene's back.

I was confused a few times with the penalties and number of players on the ice. At one point BU had two players in the box and Maine had one. Despite this, they played 4 on 4. Did I miss something? Was the scoreboard incorrect?

Comment

Any injury UPDATE's on House/O'Neill/Diamond....

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Any injury UPDATE's on House/O'Neill/Diamond....
                                Yeah--exactly what I'd like to know....

Comment

Working...
                                X