X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Maine dominated the first 30 minutes of this one. Milan was great and BU did a great job on D, blocking shots/passing lanes. Shots were around 22-4 in favor of Maine through the first 30 minutes... then BU got some mo on the PP half way through the second and started to bring it.

Third period was very even, with the Bears getting some very good chances (even while 'playing not to lose' mode ) There wasn't a whistle from about the 10 minute market to 4:00 to go with fast action up and down the ice. Maine had some great chances there and thought they were going to get the cushion goal. BU just brought it on big time in desperation the last 4:00.

Both teams looked very good... the Big Four are back for sure.

Sullivan is the real deal in net.
    Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see BU for two at the Alfond.

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
      I was there and Maine was absolutely playing to win. All night was back and forth. Nyquist scared me to death about four separate times in the OT. I thought it was a great game and Maine certainly looks like a team that can contend for a FF spot.
      This. It felt like Nyquist was on the ice all night. And he scared the bejeezus out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        This. It felt like Nyquist was on the ice all night. And he scared the bejeezus out of me.
        How 'bout when he had the near breakaway in the 2nd? You musta been poopin'.

Nyquist was great, but he didn't scare me even a little bit.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
          Happy with the point........but HATE TIMMAY D not to lose! I hope we don't play like that if we make it to the NCAAs..........
          I don't know that I agree with you (I know what else is new) at times BU was able to dominate and they were playing with total desperation and Maine was running around. I don't think running around is a strategy. Also Maine had a couple of great chances to go up by 2, best chance was Corkum (boy was great to see hm despite the penalty he took) and he put it over the net.

Overall I thought Maine looked good, played with nice patience and adjusted after the O'Neil injury, which I missed. BU obviously has some nice freshmen talent, but for a game on the road without your captain and then having to adjust and play 11 forwards, since Cornell moved back to D, it was a very good effort. Robby Dee was huge on faceoffs tonight especially on the BU 5 on 3. Where Maine struggled tonight was on the power play. BU had better short handed opportunities.

Nice effort, 3 out of 4 points on the road at UVM and BU is good, now important to take care of business next weekend! Fun to see Maine Hockey!

Comment

Don't you mean.....

How 'bout when he had the near breakaway in the 1st, the 2nd and a few more times in the 3rd? You musta been poopin'.
            Nyquist was great, but he didn't scare me even a little bit.
            When do you guys play Maine? Because he might then.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              Happy with the point........but HATE TIMMAY D not to lose! I hope we don't play like that if we make it to the NCAAs..........
              Maine could win 10-0 and you'd still find something to ***** about.

Comment

Apparently, Carlos Amestoy still hasn't fully recovered from his elbow infection. Hope he's healthy soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  When do you guys play Maine? Because he might then.
                  2 weeks from now (2 weeks before yuse guys). That's going to be to some great hockey.

Nyquist doesn't scare me... Clendening scares me. That was one helluva uppercut he nailed Diamond with. Dropped him like a rock. Still trying to figure out how Maine wound up on the short end of the stick in that fray.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Jeff Dimmen looked AWESOME tonight. Best I've seen him since he got to Maine. In fact, the entire Maine defense play with awareness and sense that I have never seen from that grouping...Van Dyk, Cornell, Banwell, Nemec all looked improved compared to last year. They were making the right passes, attacking the puck, picking pockets...just looked like they belonged. Sullivan I thought was good in net...solid when he needed to be, didn't panic under duress and looked to have good side to side movement. Very good hockey game....would like to see more from the power play, surprisingl enough. I'm not in love with the 4-forward look. They don't seem to use the points as well as they did last year.....but then again, the PP probably looked out of sync because House was out.

Dee...great in the faceoff circle. Really underrated aspect of the game.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

2 weeks from now (2 weeks before yuse guys). That's going to be to some great hockey.

Nyquist doesn't scare me... Clendening scares me. That was one helluva uppercut he nailed Diamond with. Dropped him like a rock. Still trying to figure out how Maine wound up on the short end of the stick in that fray.
                      The BU guy behind me said Diamond ran the goalie....even though they called a slash. Which is interesting because they blew the whistle after Milan covered the puck...and Diamond was immediately thrown to the ice and lost his stick. Who or when he slashed I don't know....should have been matchings maybe but a slash? If they're going to make up a call at least say roughing so it looks good.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Apparently, Carlos Amestoy still hasn't fully recovered from his elbow infection. Hope he's healthy soon.
                        according to rachel lenzi's blog on the pph, amestoy is out with a shoulder injury... andersson is out with a lower body injury as well...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          according to rachel lenzi's blog on the pph, amestoy is out with a shoulder injury... andersson is out with a lower body injury as well...
                          Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Sullivan appears to be the go to guy. The danger in playing one goalie is a bit risky. If Sullivan becomes injured it would be good to be able to have someone developed with game experience to bring in.
                            We only need to play one goalie on one game weekends. He is the go to guy but I doubt we will see him play back to back games. With Sullivan and Sirman playing well its hard to say when Ouellette will get in. Makes you wonder how things would have been if he hadn't had the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                              We only need to play one goalie on one game weekends. He is the go to guy but I doubt we will see him play back to back games. With Sullivan and Sirman playing well its hard to say when Ouellette will get in. Makes you wonder how things would have been if he hadn't had the injury.
                              So, this weekend against NU we should probably see Sullivan and Sirman in that order?

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                The BU guy behind me said Diamond ran the goalie....even though they called a slash. Which is interesting because they blew the whistle after Milan covered the puck...and Diamond was immediately thrown to the ice and lost his stick. Who or when he slashed I don't know....should have been matchings maybe but a slash? If they're going to make up a call at least say roughing so it looks good.
                                That was my end of the ice, so I got a good look up close and personal. Diamond took a jab at the puck in Milans pads before the whistle. That was a pretty weak slash call (Diamond didn't run him... gotta hit him to be considered runnin', and Diamond didn't hit him). The puck actually popped out, but then the whistle blew. Diamond was leaning against the crossbar and Clendening pushed him against it. Diamond just stared back at Clendening (and possibly mentioned something about his mom), and I guess that pizzed him off, because Clendening absolutely cold cocked him with an uppercut that would make Joe Frazier proud. Diamond went down like he was shot.

I ain't saying good nor bad about it... Clendening was sticking up for his goalie... then Flynn stuck up for his guy. All good to me, that's hockey. I was just a bit confused, and still am, as to how the ref saw it that BU should be awarded with an advantage after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X