This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

It's been said before but it is worth repeating....gotta play a kid named Sullivan at BU!!!

I doubt Tim would play him in as many consecutive games, though...just a hunch he will go with Sirman.

Comment

It's gotta be Sullivan!

Comment

i know it is extremely early, but is anyone else humored by the fact that we are tied for fourth in HE with lowell and have five games in hand on them?

Comment

Article in today’s Morning Sentinel about Abbot.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/sports...010-11-05.html

Comment

Considering Maines record at Agannis, I'll take the tie. Having Oneill and House out hurt so not a bad thing to come out of Boston with a point. Anyone know what happened to ONeill?. Also Sully looks to be the man. I wonder if Ouellette will play this year?
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Considering Maines record at Agannis, I'll take the tie. Having Oneill and House out hurt so not a bad thing to come out of Boston with a point. Anyone know what happened to ONeill?. Also Sully looks to be the man. I wonder if Ouellette will play this year?
              I'm gonna go with a no on Oulettte. Like I just posted in the game thread, not unhappy at all w/ the tie either. Could've won, but could've lost just as easilly. Sully is solid. Ride that horse. esp in league play.

Comment

Happy with the point........but HATE TIMMAY D not to lose! I hope we don't play like that if we make it to the NCAAs..........

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  Happy with the point........but HATE TIMMAY D not to lose! I hope we don't play like that if we make it to the NCAAs..........
                  I don't know it was so much playing not to lose, but trying to hold on without House and O'neil. BU is a great team.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a tie at Agganis when one of ur top D and captain both are out. What little I heard sounds like Nyquist had a good game. Sounds like Maine coulda/shoulda won it in OT.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Sullivan appears to be the go to guy. The danger in playing one goalie is a bit risky. If Sullivan becomes injured it would be good to be able to have someone developed with game experience to bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        ... I am surprised that Ouellette has not gotten any playing time...not tonight but only 1 game this season has me thinking he is the odd-man out at this present time.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          I didn't see the blue team playing not to lose. I thought I was at Agganis tonight watching BU/Maine. Guess not.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I listened to the game on radio. Sounded like Maine and BU both played to win. Not sure how the inference that Maine was playing not to lose could be made. But, as I say, I wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Nothing wrong with a tie at Agganis when one of ur top D and captain both are out. What little I heard sounds like Nyquist had a good game. Sounds like Maine coulda/shoulda won it in OT.
                              Maine dominated the first 30 minutes of this one. Milan was great and BU did a great job on D, blocking shots/passing lanes. Shots were around 22-4 in favor of Maine through the first 30 minutes... then BU got some mo on the PP half way through the second and started to bring it.

Third period was very even, with the Bears getting some very good chances (even while 'playing not to lose' mode ). There wasn't a whistle from about the 10 minute mark to 4:00 to go with fast action up and down the ice. Maine had some great chances there and thought they were going to get the cushion goal. BU just brought it on big time in desperation the last 4:00.

Both teams looked very good... the Big Four are back for sure.

Sullivan is the real deal in net.
                              Last edited by FiveHole12; 11-06-2010, 10:13 PM.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                I listened to the game on radio. Sounded like Maine and BU both played to win. Not sure how the inference that Maine was playing not to lose could be made. But, as I say, I wasn't there.
                                I was there and Maine was absolutely playing to win. All night was back and forth. Nyquist scared me to death about four separate times in the OT. I thought it was a great game and Maine certainly looks like a team that can contend for a FF spot.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X