X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
    You know, I think it's entirely possible that Detroit might be okay with him bulking up for another year before the pros. Not probable, but definitely possible.
    Absolutely. Letz start the rumor anyway.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      Uh... no? It will be nice if Beattie continues to progress, but step into Goose's shoes? I don't see ANYBODY doing that. He's a unique talent.
      Maybe not as elite as Gustav but I can see Beattie being a 40+ point scorer soon. I think he plays a similar game. Just a thought.

Comment

Beattie for Hobey? Doesnt have that certain ring to it. Question mark, question mark, confused look.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Am I missing something here?....

In all fairness, while discussing the team with a friend last year, I described Beattie as a 'potential Josh Soares type'. Meaning...don't base his future impact on his limited playing time and numbers as an underclassman.

In other words, I've always seen him as someone who will emerge as an impact scorer...

But lets hold off long enough, at least until he becomes the most productive player on the third line before we start making statements about him taking over this offense!
          Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
            I was waiting for someone else to say it

Nothing against Beattie, but . . . wow.
            I hear ya.

Got to see his first two games in a Maine uni,and I did notice him...He works hard,has some speed and strength,and looked like a solid grinder a la Leger a few years back.

You need guys like that,but I don't see any comparison with Nyquist at this point,and I doubt that I ever will.

Whatever,he's fine as the player he is,and I'm sure he'll step it up as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
              Am I missing something here?....

In all fairness, while discussing the team with a friend last year, I described Beattie as a 'potential Josh Soares type'. Meaning...don't base his future impact on his limited playing time and numbers as an underclassman.

In other words, I've always seen him as someone who will emerge as an impact scorer...

But lets hold off long enough, at least until he becomes the most productive player on the third line before we start making statements about him taking over this offense!
              ...He's more of a goal scorer...does work hard and the best should come from his Junior/Senior years where he could pop in 12-15 goals per season...this year he'll be a threat from the 3rd line....he will improve each season..his Father sat behind us at the start of the season and said he worked his butt off this summer for this up-coming season.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about Kelen Corkum? I heard a rumor that he hit his head in practice a couple weeks back. Is he still skating?

Comment

Maine signs Ryan Cloonan. Anyone have any stats, or know anything about him? Other than he’s an intimidating 5’6 138 lbs.
                  Last edited by Tango; 11-04-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

If any Maine fan needs two tickets together in section 103 (center ice behind Maine goal), email me or reply to the post. Face value.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                      Maybe not as elite as Gustav but I can see Beattie being a 40+ point scorer soon. I think he plays a similar game. Just a thought.
                      Beattie reminds me more like Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                        Maine signs Ryan Cloonan. Anyone have any stats, or know anything about him? Other than he’s an intimidating 5’6 138 lbs.
                        see the recruit thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          You guys see many more games than I do,but I'm kinda surprised to hear that nobody thought much of Abbott until this year.I remember seeing him during a dismal weekend at UMass two years back,and he was the only Freshman (aside from Goose) who I thought had anything like vintage Maine hands.And The Warden actually agreed with me..!(That doesn't happen every day,ya know.)

Going out on a limb a little here,but I think he has NHL-level talent.
                          Abbott's been my favorite player since he got here.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sullivan or Sirman? Predictions? I say Sullivan.

Comment

I would go with Sullivan after his last two performances. I have a feeling we will see Sirman though. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

Big HE matchup, I say Sullivan as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X