X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Well I thot I did. How do you reinstall flash.....mines busticated.
      Try using a different browser, like Google Chrome...

Comment

Hmmmm, I reinstall flash, hit the website and click on the bigarrow then I get a "error on page" on lower left of my computer screen. Why wont this work for in IE? Always usta be able to see these video clips. Maybe I need to get out and come back in again...I try that.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Found this in the UND thread in response to the hit Brad Malone delivered to DU Player Jesse Martin last night (The Hit: http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/) leaving him with 3 fractures in his neck and emergency surgery to relieve swelling in his spinal cord .

"Didn't see the hit so have no idea if it was clean or not, but there's no doubt that NoDak has a reputation for very hard hitting that can tend to cause injury. In HE, Merrimack & Maine are teams that you thank your lucky stars for when you get out of a game without any serious injury. BC wasn't so lucky this weekend when MC took out our best defenseman with a dirty hit to the knees that has him out for 3-6 weeks. Maine took him out with a similar hit just last year. One would think that the league would get tough on cheap shot teams like Merrimack and Maine, but it hasn't happened yet. Merrimack may still have bad feelings toward BC after that terrible collision between their goalie Joe Exter and Pat Eaves a few years back but don't know what Maine's problem is but they have seriously injured many of our players over the years with dirty hits. Sorry to go on like this and not saying NoDak is dirty, in fact, my guess is they're more just big and mean"

Apparently we have a reputation as being dirty by some. Cant remember a Maine player delivering a hit quite like this in recent memory. Obviously this particular individual has not seen our tenacious "poke check" defense over the last several years. Here is hoping that Mr. Martin has a speedy recovery.
          Last edited by MEpucknut; 10-31-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MEpucknut View Post
            Found this in the UND thread in response to the hit Brad Malone delivered to DU Player Jesse Martin last night (The Hit: http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/) leaving him with 3 fractures in his neck and emergency surgery to relieve swelling in his spinal cord .

"Didn't see the hit so have no idea if it was clean or not, but there's no doubt that NoDak has a reputation for very hard hitting that can tend to cause injury. In HE, Merrimack & Maine are teams that you thank your lucky stars for when you get out of a game without any serious injury. BC wasn't so lucky this weekend when MC took out our best defenseman with a dirty hit to the knees that has him out for 3-6 weeks. Maine took him out with a similar hit just last year. One would think that the league would get tough on cheap shot teams like Merrimack and Maine, but it hasn't happened yet. Merrimack may still have bad feelings toward BC after that terrible collision between their goalie Joe Exter and Pat Eaves a few years back but don't know what Maine's problem is but they have seriously injured many of our players over the years with dirty hits. Sorry to go on like this and not saying NoDak is dirty, in fact, my guess is they're more just big and mean"

Apparently we have a reputation as being dirty by some. Cant remember a Maine player delivering a hit quite like this in recent memory. Obviously this particular individual has not seen our tenacious "poke check" defense over the last several years. Here is hoping that Mr. Martin has a speedy recovery.
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Cheap shot team. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Cheap shot team. I love it.
              The guy probably started watching college hockey last year. I wonder who the big bad cheapshot artist was?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

LOL....you found this in a UND thread? Obviously a BC dopes posting, but after the Eaves incident where Exter's life was in jeopardy, its more than laughable, especially coming from a BC fan. As Wally says, probably his first year watching college hawkey.
                Last edited by acs64; 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Ok, now I'm confused.. I thought we were a bunch of diving p*ssies?
                  It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                  But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

I was at both BC/MC games this weekend. Have seen and heard similar to this post.
                    I didn't see the Cross hit, so I have no comment on that. But, I did see an awful lot of hard hits dished out by MC in both games. Some folks call 'em 'cheap shots', I call it 'playing hockey', and MC did a darn good job of playing hockey this weekend.

Now the Black Bears on the other hand... bunch of dirty bahstads.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Really unfortunate to see this happen !! Should be reviewed by the league, to another hit to the head..............

Comment

tough one... kid lost control of the puck and looked down to corral it right as the check was being delivered. if he doesn't look down, he probably lands on his backside and is fine... tough to tell from the video how much of/bad of a charge it was, and it looked like he led with his shoulder... really unfortunate, and very scary when you see how fine a line it can be...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          tough one... kid lost control of the puck and looked down to corral it right as the check was being delivered. if he doesn't look down, he probably lands on his backside and is fine... tough to tell from the video how much of/bad of a charge it was, and it looked like he led with his shoulder... really unfortunate, and very scary when you see how fine a line it can be...
                          Tough one to tell. Almost look like he got him with his left elbow or forearm.

Comment

Elbow or forearm, the kid did look down and got plastered. Hopefully he'll be ok. I don't think it was meant to be as vicious as it turned out?
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Elbow or forearm, the kid did look down and got plastered. Hopefully he'll be ok. I don't think it was meant to be as vicious as it turned out?
                              Such a weird thing. It's always meant to be a big hit when you line someone up, but you don't want them to be seriously hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                This is exactly how I feel about it. You can't really tell on the video how much he lined him up, but it doesn't look like an overly vicious hit. Yeah, he probably does lead with the forearm a little bit, but he doesn't leave his feet and it doesn't look like he's head hunting. Just really unfortunate Martin happened to be looking down and was fully extended at that exact moment. A second earlier, he still has the puck and is looking up. A second later, he would've had time to regain the puck and get his head up.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X