X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    No worries Wally. No matter who plays Maine wins sat. Big. Mark my words!!
    I hope so. would be nice to see the offense get rollin and stay rollin. two big road weekends. excited to see how they respond.
    Buzzy

Comment

lenzi article from today's pph
      http://www.pressherald.com/sports/um...010-10-30.html

and a couple of her blog posts
      http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/106342263.html
      http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/106133543.html

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Sirman in goal?, I think the biggest question is can our goalies handle a hostile environment, we'll find out the next 2 weeks. AFter last year Sirman will have to prove me wrong
        Only time I saw him "live" last year was on the road at Merrimack,and he made me think he was the Second Coming then.He stood on his head that night against a fairly potent attack.

Time will tell,but I think he has the tools to succeed.I agree that the jury is still out on him so far,though.

Comment

Mike Cornell is being moved from D to right wing on the fourth line, replacing injured Andersson.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
            Mike Cornell is being moved from D to right wing on the fourth line, replacing injured Andersson.
            HUH ????? Dont they have plenty of forwards who could fill this slot ??
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Only time I saw him "live" last year was on the road at Merrimack,and he made me think he was the Second Coming then.He stood on his head that night against a fairly potent attack.

Time will tell,but I think he has the tools to succeed.I agree that the jury is still out on him so far,though.
              Time will tell...sooner or later one/two of the three will have to take charge...for now they have looked good/bad at times...I don't think they will go with a 3 goalie rotation...again lets hope,because with solid goaltending this team can be a force all season long...will be interesting to see how they do with just one game each week vs Vermont & BU and on the road. I keep saying that in the long run watch for the Ouellette kid...I think he has the tools to be a good one...needs the playing time for that to show... GO MAINE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Time will tell...sooner or later one/two of the three will have to take charge...for now they have looked good/bad at times...I don't think they will go with a 3 goalie rotation...again lets hope,because with solid goaltending this team can be a force all season long...will be interesting to see how they do with just one game each week vs Vermont & BU and on the road. I keep saying that in the long run watch for the Ouellette kid...I think he has the tools to be a good one...needs the playing time for that to show... GO MAINE.
                Hopefully, Ouellette will see some action vs. NU at home in 2 weeks. But if Sirman and Sullivan are solid vs. Vermont and BU, I'm not sure that we'll see him anytime soon......even if he is healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                  I bet it's Sullivan. That's what I would do........so it'll be Sirman
                  Sullivan it is.

Comment

I wonder why they have not been playing Adam Shemansky on the PP or PK before recently? I always thought he was a hard working skilled and craft player.
                    Hockey East ... Just one among many other wonderful college hockey conferences ...

p.s. With over 17 million negative reputation points and growing ... Yea, that's right ... I'm BAD, irredeemably BAD.

Comment

Fantastic win in a TOUGH environment! A good, old fashioned, grind-it-out win, congrats on the 2 points fellas
                      PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Nice win for Maine. Faceoffs were 49-22. Big difference from last year.

Comment

"BearPaw: Nice win for Maine. Faceoffs were 49-22. Big difference from last year."

That's the important stat of the game. Similar to #rebounds and #turnovers in basketball. . More faceoff wins will directly relate to the number of shots, that will relate to (given fairly equal goalie skill and puck luck) #goals. = Maine win

Robby Dee: 19w-5L Tanner House: 14w-4L = the true hero-s of tonight's game.
                          Last edited by Hockey East Super Fan; 10-30-2010, 09:08 PM.
                          Hockey East ... Just one among many other wonderful college hockey conferences ...

p.s. With over 17 million negative reputation points and growing ... Yea, that's right ... I'm BAD, irredeemably BAD.

Comment

Had somebody offered me these (admittedly early) results before the season started,I'd-a gone for it,for sure.This could be a vintage year for Maine,ya never know...They kinda remind me of some of the 90's teams.

Comment

Abbott is en fuego . Sully appears to be ready to play but it seems to early to pick one guy? Wonder who starts in goal at BU. Big win, kept wondering if Vermont would score after Maine didn't bury there many chances to get that 2 goal lead. Madore was awesome from the sound of it. The faceoff difference was huge and seems strange after so many seasons of lousy faceoff stats.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Abbott is en fuego . Sully appears to be ready to play but it seems to early to pick one guy? Wonder who starts in goal at BU. Big win, kept wondering if Vermont would score after Maine didn't bury there many chances to get that 2 goal lead. Madore was awesome from the sound of it. The faceoff difference was huge and seems strange after so many seasons of lousy faceoff stats.
                                Yeah, I was hoping one goalie wouldnt step up so fast to give them all some quality playing time. Guess you gotta go with whoever gives ur team the best chance for a W, especially on the road. Always good to get a win up there...they get amped up pretty high to play Maine.
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X