This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Chris Garner auction (UMD equipment manager's medical bills) includes a Keenan Hopson gameworn - http://server2.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/m...gi?oberman2/41

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      New ice making system... Dehumidification system... Air conditioning... Seatbacks in the entire lower bowl... New sound system... New boards and glass
      All of the above is much needed...my one question is with the new seatbacks coming in on the lower bowl...will they be considered donation seats..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        All of the above is much needed...my one question is with the new seatbacks coming in on the lower bowl...will they be considered donation seats..?
        I doubt it, if you already have the seat I doubt they'll change the status but if they keep playing like they did last weekend tickets may become hard to get once again?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I doubt it, if you already have the seat I doubt they'll change the status but if they keep playing like they did last weekend tickets may become hard to get once again?
          When was our last sellout?

Not being facecious, seriously
          Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            Way too phkn early to be making that statement. Let me see a final four appearance first and I might agree with you. An early season sweep over a slow starting, road weary team doesnt mean all that much...but itz in the right direction. Letz see if they can maintain and build on it
            well,ok, i take it back but i disagree, a sweep over ND is always a big deal. good luck the rest of the way and see you at the Gahden

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Poles are irrelevant!
              Maybe so, but who was smoking something when they gave UMass Lowell a vote this week?!?!?!

They got the snot kicked out of them by the only ranked opponent they've played.

The only other point garnering team from this week's polls they've played (Northeastern) beat them 3-1.

They have recorded 0 wins in regulation, and tied two other completely unranked teams.

How does this team qualify as someone's #20?
              Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

To answer Howitz-ah, January 25, 2008 for a game against Boston College was the last sellout crowd at the Alfond.

Comment

Dehumidification system.
                  Aww. I really enjoyed watching them skate in circles for fog timeouts. It felt like the circus.
                  Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                    First KIA saying nice things and now Diego? What is going on around here!
                    I cannot take it.
                    you READ something that was not there.

I said I loved how UND played aggressively and intimidated and I wished that Timmy would do more of that.

there, wet blanket status reinstated.

last, as I look at the rafters in the alfond, I see that the dates all stop at 2007 and I have half a mind to fill in the last little square with a "thanks timmy" or a "but just remember all those frozen 4s"

last, the recruits at the Alfond.

it is not just the parents making the decision, it is also the family advisors. The family advisors, if they are experienced at all, will know exactly what sorts of things the Maine Hockey coaching staff had done in the recent past to help players progress and to make it to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
                      Maybe so, but who was smoking something when they gave UMass Lowell a vote this week?!?!?!

They got the snot kicked out of them by the only ranked opponent they've played.

The only other point garnering team from this week's polls they've played (Northeastern) beat them 3-1.

They have recorded 0 wins in regulation, and tied two other completely unranked teams.

How does this team qualify as someone's #20?
                      maybe it is just that hard to check off Robert Morris on a ballott

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        it is not just the parents making the decision, it is also the family advisors. The family advisors, if they are experienced at all, will know exactly what sorts of things the Maine Hockey coaching staff had done in the recent past to help players progress and to make it to the next level.
                        I see a lot of players that have progressed nicely on the ice for the Black Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by gusforhobey89 View Post
                          Do you know who?
                          Sorry, I didn't ask.

Comment

New ice making system... Dehumidification system... Air conditioning... Seatbacks in the entire lower bowl... New sound system... New boards and glass
                            In addition to: new rink floor, heating and cooling system, renovated restrooms, emergency life safety generator and fire alarm system, fire code and life safety upgrades and replacement of exterior doors for energy efficiency and fire code. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                              I certainly liked what I saw. Maine came out Friday looking for blood and ND was clearly not ready for it.
                              UND did a good job of taking maine off their game with all of the hitting (and the cheap shot to Flynn in the first) and frankly, I wish Tim would do more of this sort of thing. There is a reason that Prestin was so good, and it was not just his shot.
                              The D played very well positionally and they only let the snipers embarrass them once. That is gonna happen when Frattin is on the ice, that kid can play!
                              Also, Maine put all the pressure in the world on Genoway (possibly the best offensive/all-over-the-ice defenseman I have ever seen---and no, I did not see Capuano) hopefully the Hobey voters look back to this series to see what happened when it was Gustav vs. Chay and give Gustav the edge... assuming it comes down to the 2 of them. (no disrespect meant to the rest of college hockey... I can do that later)

NOW, let's see Tim keep the boys motivated enough to solve Madore and the boring trap at the Gutt. I think that Vermont is going to play much the same way as UConn and even though a lot of you think that a GAA of 3 will be just fine, I am not so optimistic. Putting up 3 every game against the likes of Madore and Beaudry is not not going to happen just because Gustav is on the team and it is certainly not going to happen against Muse or the Scarlet Satan and his dogs.
                              Okay KIA here are your comments unedited! You can deny, blame it on the alcohol, or make excuses like you were complimenting NoDak, but in the long run you paid a compliment to TIM!

Sorry trying to become the wet blanket we all know you to be does not work, and folks it is still posted, let's see how long it takes to be deleted!
                              Last edited by BobF; 10-26-2010, 05:26 PM. Reason: bad english

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
                                When was our last sellout?

Not being facecious, seriously
                                Must have been this weekend as I saw a Standing Room Tcket stub on the ground and they don't sell them until seats are gone or at least they didn't last I knew. If they keep winning interest will rise and tickets will be harder to get.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X