X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    sirman didn't have a whole lot of action, but i sthought he was a bit shaky... made a couple of really good saves, but gave up a lot of juicy rebounds and got himself out of position a couple of times.... jury is still out imho
    Right on...giving up the rebounds in front...that will haunt a team...hopefully they can change him on that.

Comment

Hard to argue with the results, but I'm not sure I like the line changes. Rather than swap left wings, I think it would be better to swap right wings. Have Nyquist play with Abbott and Dee, two guys who can snipe his setup passes, and have Diamond bring his feistiness to Flynn and House's line, causing some havoc and creating some space for them to work. And he and Flynn can snipe on that line.

Abbott seems to have a little of Diamond's pestiness as well, sio he can do a bit of that on his line.

Wasn't watching the defensive corp too closely, but agree about Hegarty. And Larry seemed to think van Dyk played a whale of a game, which would be a nice thing to have continue.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

There's already a line for tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          There's already a line for tickets.
          The Maine fans are already anxious to witness another butt kicking.
          I'm sure UND will try their hardest to accommodate.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

While planting grass and ringing it with boulders over the summer, the parking area on College Ave. between the Alfond and the steam plant, is no longer. We lost about 30 parking spaces. Not a very good idea when parking is at a premium. Last night they blocked off the lot nearest the west end of the field house losing an additional 60 spaces, maybe they want us to take the Orono shuttle. I wonder if King James had a handle in that before he left.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
              While planting grass and ringing it with boulders over the summer, the parking area on College Ave. between the Alfond and the steam plant, is no longer. We lost about 30 parking spaces. Not a very good idea when parking is at a premium. Last night they blocked off the lot nearest the west end of the field house losing an additional 60 spaces, maybe they want us to take the Orono shuttle. I wonder if King James had a handle in that before he left.
              The parking situation is a mess. What are they thinking???

Comment

I always usta enjoy the walk from the steam plant parking lot to the rink in 20 below weather. Made the rink seem warm. Way back as Walshy was bringing the program up, we usta park on the other side of college ave right across from the entrance...small dirt road that went down to a substation....easy in, easy out and no one knew about it...till they one day discovered people parking down there.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  The parking situation is a mess. What are they thinking???
                  No one goes to games anyway, so it shouldn't matter.

Comment

Very talented Maine team!
                    Good luck the rest of the way, Black Bears.

Maine has always been my favorite HEA team, so it's nice to see you guys do well this season, even if I was hoping for a better result this weekend for my team.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

****, I haven"t been this fire up in YEARS!!!! Sweep baby!!! Sullivan was fantastic. This team is for real. Great night!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Maine has always been my favorite HEA team, so it's nice to see you guys do well this season, even if I was hoping for a better result this weekend for my team.
                        Agreed. Congrats Maine, perhaps we'll meet again.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Congrats on the sweep. You guys have a very good hockey team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Classy.

Comment

Obviously the PWR implications of this weekend are huge but seeing a good team come into Alfond and try to slow Maine down by mucking it up brings a huge smile to my face. Its been a long time since that has happened. The past few years no one has been afraid of Maine, this was one fun weekend of Hockey
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Great weekend for the Black Bears. Looking forward to seeing this team.
                                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Working...
                                X