X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Mark Anthoine proved he is a legitimate college hockey player. He responded to the swap of Shemansky on the 3rd line. Hegarty has developed from a year ago. He's faster and played well.
    Agreed. Anthoine looks and plays like he belongs and Hegarty was outstanding all night long.

Comment

Announced attendance was 5216. One of the larger crowds in quite some time. Nice to see the students turning out in force. Maine's defense was outstanding and Sirman was very good in goal. Does he get to start the 2nd game? Maine's only real problem tonight was not being able to score on two 5 on 3 PP's. In their defense they had some great opportunities on the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Announced attendance was 5216. One of the larger crowds in quite some time. Nice to see the students turning out in force. Maine's defense was outstanding and Sirman was very good in goal. Does he get to start the 2nd game? Maine's only real problem tonight was not being able to score on two 5 on 3 PP's. In their defense they had some great opportunities on the last one.
        sirman didn't have a whole lot of action, but i sthought he was a bit shaky... made a couple of really good saves, but gave up a lot of juicy rebounds and got himself out of position a couple of times.... jury is still out imho

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          I thought Maine looked more tired than the Sioux late in the game.
          from where i was sitting, it looked like maine took their foot off the gas a bit which let nodak get their feet under them... maine started to try to make the extra pass and get a b it cute with things and it led to some turnovers...

Comment

didn't notice if he came back, but it looked like abbott took a slash across the wrist in the third and was hurting a bit... anyone watching at home notice if he got past it?
            Last edited by gscott13; 10-23-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Told you that you'd love the line changes.

And Melissa's photos from the game: linky
              Last edited by Priceless; 10-23-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

impressive stuff Black Bears..........

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  didn't notice if he came back, but it looked like abbott took a slash across the wrist in the third and was hurting a bit... anyone watching at home notice if he got passed it?
                  I'm pretty sure he was back out after that.

Comment

He came back, it was the Goalie Dell who got him, took his glove and stick from Abbott with a vicious slash. The trainer was trying to get someones attention after working on Abbott for awhile. I thought it was the Dr but the Doc never left his seat
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      sirman didn't have a whole lot of action, but i sthought he was a bit shaky... ...got himself out of position a couple of times
                      THAT was his biggest problem.

Comment

Hockey East > WCHA

Yes, this is evolving into a trend if you factor what BC has done since the 5-0 whitewash of Wisconsin last spring.
                        Chris V
                        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                          Hockey East > WCHA

Yes, this is evolving into a trend if you factor what BC has done since the 5-0 whitewash of Wisconsin last spring.
                          They've played one WCHA team since then, no?

Comment

wow.. that must have been some gm. way to go Blackbears. Here's hoping for two in a row.. go Hockey East.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              They've played one WCHA team since then, no?
                              WCHA vs BU, BC, Maine: 0-4
                              WCHA vs the rest of Hockey East: 5-0-1.

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IvoSxHy5I2w?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IvoSxHy5I2w?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Working...
                                X