X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Yeah.......it really stinks driving on a nice Interstate and having to look at trees instead of junk.......and not dealing with taffic and a-holes.
    LOL... have your period today sandie?
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Do not take the falmouth spur, theres no northbound 95 access currently due to construction. Otherwise you wouldnt take it anyway, its really for southbound traffic anyway. There is an exit for I295 off I95 ~10? miles before the spur anyway. For ease of use I would suggest staying on I95 for the whole trip.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        If shes one to get lost easy, shes best staying right on the Maine Turnpike all the way up....She cannot possibly get screwed up that way. You'll pay a $2 toll just after Gray exit and another one ($1.50) just before Gardiner, but all you do is drive and look at trees for miles and miles and miles. Take some good pics at the game as you normally do. Do me a favor wuddya...take a picture of whoever it is sitting in the seats against the handrail as you walk up the stairs on the left from the scorers table. I wanna know who has my old seats. Best dam seats in the house.
        Is the toll to get off in Foulmouth $1.00 or $1.50?

It's free if you get off at the mall.

As for the trip, yes it sucks. Great if you are on a bus with a great book or a movie, though.

Don't forget to hold your breath through Veazie!

Comment

Good news. Hendrickson predicts Sioux sweep. We are saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Is the toll to get off in Foulmouth $1.00 or $1.50?

It's free if you get off at the mall.

As for the trip, yes it sucks. Great if you are on a bus with a great book or a movie, though.

Don't forget to hold your breath through Veazie!
            Dont know about the Falmouth exit. I am always hopping on the Maine Turnpike at the Gray exit and heading up to our main office Pittsfield. I dont even have to drive...my car knows the way. Straight up North ! I actually enjoy the trip up the Pike. Cup of coffee, little traffic (no m-aaholes), and you can set cruise for 70-75and never have to come off of it except for that little bit of bridge reconstruction in Lewwystown. I usually stop again at the Irving station in Augusta/Belgrade...another cup of coffee and I'm rolling into P-town when its done. Oh...with mileage, of course.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
              Good news. Hendrickson predicts Sioux sweep. We are saved.
              If they dont sweep I declare it a choke of epic proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                If they dont sweep I declare it a choke of epic proportions.
                Like losing 7-2 to your hated (feared) rival in the frozen four when you're the overall #1 seed kind of epic?

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                  Like losing 7-2 to your hated (feared) rival in the frozen four when you're the overall #1 seed kind of epic?
                  Exactly.

Comment

From Melissa Wade (since USCHO is blocked at Maine )

HockeyPhotos Melissa Wade
                    Some images around Alfond Arena - http://bit.ly/alfond

Comment

Nice win, couple things stood out to me besides the win. First, Maine can skate with UND( maybe not Will O'neill but ). Liked the 4th line, first time I've seen Leidermark look like he could skate. Sirman didn't make me forget Jimmy but he made some decent saves. Joey Diamond is the new Prestin Ryan, he owned several UND players both with his play and with his mouth. Wish I knew what he was saying, the UND guys didn't like it much. Matt Mangene blew by UND D several times.
                      Heard a rumor Kellen Corkum dinged his head in practice, hope it isn;t true
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Mark Anthoine proved he is a legitimate college hockey player. He responded to the swap of Shemansky on the 3rd line. Hegarty has developed from a year ago. He's faster and played well.

Comment

Excellent.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

From the TV broadcast, it looks like Sirman is a really good puck handler. Both competent and confident when passing out from his own zone. He also moves around the crease pretty well. The biggest thing he needs to work on is stopping the initial shot (see the MSU game from Thursday when he let a couple squeeze past his body), but this is can be learned more easily than anything else. All in all I thought he had a pretty good game and stopped the big shots when he needed to.

The forwards also had a great game, obviously. Abbott was really impressive off the puck, forcing turnovers seemingly every shift. While Nyquist scored "only" two points, he clearly remains one of the league's great complete-game talents. His goal was a singular effort, blocking a point shot in the defensive zone, beating a d-man back to the puck, then reading the goalie's (perhaps ill-advised) pass out of the zone perfectly. Mangene also impressed with his speed on a number of occasions.

I can't say too much about the defense since they were rarely tested in the game, but aside from the short handed goal I don't think they made an obvious errors.

In all, I'd say this is the most talented team I've seen Maine field in a long time. The passing is a heck of a lot of fun to watch and just about everyone has an amazing handle on the puck. Definitely a great win. I'll be curious to see how they play tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Nice win, couple things stood out to me besides the win. First, Maine can skate with UND( maybe not Will O'neill but ). Liked the 4th line, first time I've seen Leidermark look like he could skate. Sirman didn't make me forget Jimmy but he made some decent saves. Joey Diamond is the new Prestin Ryan, he owned several UND players both with his play and with his mouth. Wish I knew what he was saying, the UND guys didn't like it much. Matt Mangene blew by UND D several times.
                              Heard a rumor Kellen Corkum dinged his head in practice, hope it isn;t true
                              I think you could add Andersson to the above group too. The Corkum hit is true, unfortunately. As far as Diamond and Ryan having anything in common it would have to be taking penalties. Hextall holds the NCAA record for mouth. I thought Maine looked more tired than the Sioux late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                LOL... have your period today sandie?
                                Nope.......just decompressing from SoCal traffic. Love the long, barren, desolate highways!

Comment

Working...
                                X