This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Question - Google is telling me I should get off 95North and take the Maine Turnpike Falmouth Spur and then 295North before getting back on 95North. I don't remember doing that last season when I drove up. Do y'all recommend getting off 95North or just staying on it? Note: I get lost EASILY. Thanks.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
      Question - Google is telling me I should get off 95North and take the Maine Turnpike Falmouth Spur and then 295North before getting back on 95North. I don't remember doing that last season when I drove up. Do y'all recommend getting off 95North or just staying on it? Note: I get lost EASILY. Thanks.
      Stay on the Turnpike. You won't get lost.

Edit: The Foulmouth spur is a trap anyway. If you do decide to get off, take the second exit in South Portland instead.
      Last edited by Priceless; 10-21-2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I disagree with Priceless. Faster and not hard to get off on 295 North. That's all you do. Eventually, in Gardiner, you'll merge back with 95 North.

Comment

I guess I'll decide when I get close to the exit then. It doesn't tell me to bother getting off 95S at all instead it adds extra streets at Alfond itself. Strange.

Thanks.

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I guess I'll decide when I get close to the exit then. It doesn't tell me to bother getting off 95S at all instead it adds extra streets at Alfond itself. Strange.

Thanks.
            The university moved Alfond...it's right on the highway now.

Comment

Thanks.
              You should invest in a gps!

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post

Comment

No money. Had one get me lost in Maine years ago though - senior night for Doyle/Ryan/Shields.

(It adds like 2 streets/turns before College Avenue to Stillwater on route home)

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I disagree with Priceless. Faster and not hard to get off on 295 North. That's all you do. Eventually, in Gardiner, you'll merge back with 95 North.
                    If shes one to get lost easy, shes best staying right on the Maine Turnpike all the way up....She cannot possibly get screwed up that way. You'll pay a $2 toll just after Gray exit and another one ($1.50) just before Gardiner, but all you do is drive and look at trees for miles and miles and miles. Take some good pics at the game as you normally do. Do me a favor wuddya...take a picture of whoever it is sitting in the seats against the handrail as you walk up the stairs on the left from the scorers table. I wanna know who has my old seats. Best dam seats in the house.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      all you do is drive and look at trees for miles and miles and miles.
                      Portland to Bangor is one incredibly long, boring stretch.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Portland to Bangor is one incredibly long, boring stretch.
                        Yeah.......it really stinks driving on a nice Interstate and having to look at trees instead of junk.......and not dealing with taffic and a-holes.

Comment

Do 295, cheaper and saves miles.. No question about it. You will not get lost unless you let your wife drive

Comment

You won't get lost, my wife doesn't. Whenever going through that area it's the only way to go being cheaper and about 13 miles shorter.

Comment

Nah...stay on the Maine Turnpike all the way up...whats 13 extra miles knowing you cannot possibly get lost. Dont listen to these fools. Besides we like to keep all the people from away on that road so we can use 295.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Cheaper wins!

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X