X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010 - 2011

Originally posted by whatever View Post
    This is where I stopped reading for a second. Has anyone ever recalled a team that Whitehead led that were more than averagely aggressive and hard-working after every puck? Not trying to start or insinuate anything but I had to wonder.
    Marty Kariya and Todd Jackson played for Whitehead.

feel free to insinuate... soon people will catch on.
    I noticed that opening night was half full at the Alfond. We are only a few days away from hosting North Dakota, and there are still tickets available.... lots of people are catching on, but until more catch on, Maine hockey will continue to slip into irrelevance.

Comment

Maine ranked 12th in the updated national poll.
      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        Marty Kariya and Todd Jackson played for Whitehead.

feel free to insinuate... soon people will catch on.
        I noticed that opening night was half full at the Alfond. We are only a few days away from hosting North Dakota, and there are still tickets available.... lots of people are catching on, but until more catch on, Maine hockey will continue to slip into irrelevance.
        Opening night vs. Lowell was more than "half full". I was there and even the reported 4,400+ was low. I thought that it was more like 4,800-5,000. The UConn game had a smaller crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
          Maine ranked 12th in the updated national poll.
          I'm not even sure that they belong in the Top 15 right now......probably a good thing that they fell a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            Did anyone else notice that the very first time in 10 years that Timmy pulled put a white board and set up a play during a time out... Maine scored
            So it seems that not only does coaching during a game have a positive effect, but Tim actually knows about it.

Where are the apologists?
            Apparently after 4 down years they have completely lost interest, while the nutcases are still following the team
            I'll bite. Can only speak for myself but it's not worth arguing with you because you can't be reasoned with and your nonsense posts suck the fun out of talking about the team.

Also, yes, I noticed Tim drawing up a play on a whiteboard during the timeout, but no, it wasn't the first time I've seen him do it. Perfect example of a ridiculous comment that isn't worth responding to.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              I'll bite. Can only speak for myself but it's not worth arguing with you because you can't be reasoned with and your nonsense posts suck the fun out of talking about the team.

Also, yes, I noticed Tim drawing up a play on a whiteboard during the timeout, but no, it wasn't the first time I've seen him do it. Perfect example of a ridiculous comment that isn't worth responding to.
              "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BoSox3066 again."

Comment

The Fighting Sioux have some impressive defensemen (big and strong). Their goal tending I think is somewhat vulnerable. Eidsness is a Jr. and may not be in top form yet. Their other tenders are sophomores. I'm hoping Maine has a little more quickness and will be pounding the net.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

And by the time you've typed up a response, the original comment may have been deleted...

Comment

• Re: Michigan State Suite Tickets Available - Fellow Maine Fans

Spencer Abbott set a UMaine record vs MSU by scoring 2 goals in 10 seconds, great feeds from Van Dyk and Nyquist.

ff to 1:20 to see them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgM6RipncU

should be good games this weekend, if Maine can stay out of the penalty box, we took 3 penalties against MSU while we were on the PP.

Comment

Big test for the Bears this weekend. Should be interesting to see how the team reacts to the first two games they aren't "supposed" to win. They certainly haven't reacted quite well to the ones they were supposed to win.

I have a feeling the Black Bears will play better hockey now that they have an opponent the players know is worthy, if not superior. Maine pulls off at least one win this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
                        Spencer Abbott set a UMaine record vs MSU by scoring 2 goals in 10 seconds, great feeds from Van Dyk and Nyquist.

ff to 1:20 to see them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgM6RipncU

should be good games this weekend, if Maine can stay out of the penalty box, we took 3 penalties against MSU while we were on the PP.
                        Abbott might be the only decent sniper on this team. Everyone else needs to start going for those dirty, ugly goals they were so successful with last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                          Abbott might be the only decent sniper on this team. Everyone else needs to start going for those dirty, ugly goals they were so successful with last year.
                          I wouldn't count out Robby Dee, he should have plenty of nasty snipes.

Comment

Im sure this had been mentioned. Not on here much anymore but this new USCHO format sucks. Anyway, thought I had to spout..Big weekend. Don't have high expectations. Split would be nice. I think you need to start Sirman both nights. The d needs to get their collective heads out of their arses and stop turning the puck over. ND will make them pay....more than MSU and UML..

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              Im sure this had been mentioned. Not on here much anymore but this new USCHO format sucks. Anyway, thought I had to spout..Big weekend. Don't have high expectations. Split would be nice. I think you need to start Sirman both nights. The d needs to get their collective heads out of their arses and stop turning the puck over. ND will make them pay....more than MSU and UML..
                              I agree with you on all points.

Simply put, I don't like this new format either - I've been into most areas of the site and I prefer it the way it was.

As I stated in my "review" of the games I saw while in Lansing, Maine has to significantly reduce turnovers. North Dakota is coming to Orono with much hype and fanfare and "appear" to be a very tough opponent. I agree with you that a split would be acceptable - anything less might cause serious problems later in the season with regards to the Pairwise rankings. After this weekend there are only 2 more OOC games on the schedule.
                              Last edited by Hoover; 10-19-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Everyone can relax now. No less an expert than Senator Susan Collins guaranteed an NCAA Championship for the Maine hockey team, so it's all set.

Edit: And you guys are going to love the new lines!
                                Last edited by Priceless; 10-20-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X