Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
    A somewhat disappointing outcome tonight. Again we blew a lead - we were lucky to come out of it with a tie during the last minute thanks to Mat Brodie's goal. I imagine RPI isn't too pleased about that.

Might the team have gotten a little too complacent???? Just wondering . . .
    Union turned the corner last year. This year expectations are very high. Nate has done a phenomenal job in the recruiting wars and as coach considering he is up against the Ivies, storied programs, and scholarship schools The team's early success can be attributed in part to some weaker oponents. Has that bred complacency? It is doubtful. RPI has a good club this year but the game was still a disappointment. Union fans are going to have diffculty suffering any losses from this point onward. Relinquishing a multigoal lead one more time stings. The tie was scant consolation. Nate's challenge will be to motivate and sustain the momentum he has worked so hard to build. It is a very long season in an incredibly competitive league. FortuNATEly the Dutchmen could not be in better hands. Stay tuned!

Comment

Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
      GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
      "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
      GO DU !!!

Comment

I really had a great time at Lake Placid last weekend. The town, a pleasure to visit during any season, had a real hockey buzz going with the cool weather and a few hints of snow. The atmosphere in the rink was a great one as well, with big enthusiastic crowds, particularly for the SLU-CU game. That isn't to say the fans at our game weren't into it and there was a great turnout of Union faithful. The game itself had a playoff feel to it and the ebb and flow made it seem like a win, turned to a loss, turned to a win. I'm thinking the organizers should give some serious thought to making this a permanent event and consider going to a traditional two day tournament format.

Looking ahead to the start of the regular season this weekend, I'm thinking this may be a great opportunity for Union to get a rare win at Bright arena. Historically, I think Harvard has the best ECAC record against Union of any team and wins for Union in Cambridge have been few and far between. But if there's ever a game that sets up for Union at Harvard, I think this could be the one. Road wins never come easily in the ECAC and I assume this will be no different, still I like U's chances.

I think Dartmouth may well be improved over last season, but a good result in Hanover isn't an unrealistic possibility. As usual, two points on the road are a must and three would be huge, so what would 4 be? Huger?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          I really had a great time at Lake Placid last weekend. The town, a pleasure to visit during any season, had a real hockey buzz going with the cool weather and a few hints of snow. The atmosphere in the rink was a great one as well, with big enthusiastic crowds, particularly for the SLU-CU game. That isn't to say the fans at our game weren't into it and there was a great turnout of Union faithful. The game itself had a playoff feel to it and the ebb and flow made it seem like a win, turned to a loss, turned to a win. I'm thinking the organizers should give some serious thought to making this a permanent event and consider going to a traditional two day tournament format.

Looking ahead to the start of the regular season this weekend, I'm thinking this may be a great opportunity for Union to get a rare win at Bright arena. Historically, I think Harvard has the best ECAC record against Union of any team and wins for Union in Cambridge have been few and far between. But if there's ever a game that sets up for Union at Harvard, I think this could be the one. Road wins never come easily in the ECAC and I assume this will be no different, still I like U's chances.

I think Dartmouth may well be improved over last season, but a good result in Hanover isn't an unrealistic possibility. As usual, two points on the road are a must and three would be huge, so what would 4 be? Huger?
          Four would have to be Fuccillo-like. HUUUUUUUUUUUUU-juh.

Let's get 8 points out of the weekend.

Comment

Ah, the eve of a new season!!! ECAC play at last. I'm sure there are many happy fans across the northeast that are glad to see this day finally arrive. For me, it's time to crawl out of the cave and see what has changed while I was taking my long (too long) nap. I'll be looking to our resident experts, Wholin et al, to catch up on what's going on with the team and around the league.
            From what I've seen in the preseason, it should be another fun ride this year and hopefully one that will see us improve on last year's results. Yup, some blown leads, yup, some youngsters needing to step up, but all in all I like our potential going into the season.
            To steal from the airlines, it's time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride....and cheer like a lunatic! Game on.

GooooooU!

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
              Ah, the eve of a new season!!! ECAC play at last. I'm sure there are many happy fans across the northeast that are glad to see this day finally arrive. For me, it's time to crawl out of the cave and see what has changed while I was taking my long (too long) nap. I'll be looking to our resident experts, Wholin et al, to catch up on what's going on with the team and around the league.
              From what I've seen in the preseason, it should be another fun ride this year and hopefully one that will see us improve on last year's results. Yup, some blown leads, yup, some youngsters needing to step up, but all in all I like our potential going into the season.
              To steal from the airlines, it's time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride....and cheer like a lunatic! Game on.

GooooooU!
              Yep, the juices are flowing as the "real season" begins. I think if we are ever going to win one at Bright, tonight's the night. I guess we'll see soon enough. Here's one tidbit for you, next Friday (reliable) rumor has it that Union will be debuting their "third jerseys" v. RPI.

Comment

that was a great game. listening on the radio, i think i was just as excited if i had been there. happy to see the dutchmen take away at least 2 points from this weekend.

Comment

Those were 3 hard earned points this weekend especially when considering we had a total of only 2 goals scored in 2 games. Kinkaid is rapidly becoming an elite goal tender which gives the team at least some margin for error. Was anyone else a bit surprised about the line changes with Welsh, Jooris, Carr, Wayne Simpson? I'm not quite sure what Coach had in mind, but I'm sure he had a good reason for doing so. One thing I think we can assume is that every team in the league is going to be bringing their "A" game when Union rolls into town.

A note for season ticket holders. If you haven't already done so, check your ticket packets. I had heard that the Brown tickets were inadvertently left out of many and sure enough, mine were missing.

Comment

I would normally be starting one of my "very concerned" rants about the lack of offense this weekend, but overall I'm very pleased about the 3 points and the fact that U is finding ways to win/tie that doesn't rely on scoring 7 goals a game. It's great to see that the boys can play good defense and get good goaltending. Agree that KK is becoming an elite type goalie, but will know more after next weekend!! GoooooU!!
                    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                      I would normally be starting one of my "very concerned" rants about the lack of offense this weekend, but overall I'm very pleased about the 3 points and the fact that U is finding ways to win/tie that doesn't rely on scoring 7 goals a game. It's great to see that the boys can play good defense and get good goaltending. Agree that KK is becoming an elite type goalie, but will know more after next weekend!! GoooooU!!
                      I watched both games on line this weekend and thought U had some great chances in both games but ran into some real hot goaltending. Not so long ago that would have resulted in a 0 or 1 point weekend. Five goals in the last 3 games against all ECAC foes has to be a bit of a concern and of course next weekend we're facing another quality goalie. Still, I see the glass as way more than half full at this point in the season.

Comment

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

The missing Brown game tix will be going out this week to season ticket holders who didn't get them.

Comment

I know people generally don't pay attention to the rankings (other than PWR of course), but check this out:

#7 in the INCH Power Rankings
                          #12 in the USCHO Poll
                          #12 in the USA Today Poll

I remember being excited as a Freshman and Sophomore in college when Union was in the "others receiving votes" category. Look at us now.
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                            I know people generally don't pay attention to the rankings (other than PWR of course), but check this out:

#7 in the INCH Power Rankings
                            #12 in the USCHO Poll
                            #12 in the USA Today Poll

I remember being excited as a Freshman and Sophomore in college when Union was in the "others receiving votes" category. Look at us now.
                            Union is #7 in PWR http://www.rpihockey.net/misc.rank1.shtml, not that it is meaningful now.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Union is #7 in PWR http://www.rpihockey.net/misc.rank1.shtml, not that it is meaningful now.
                              There was a lot less pressure on we fans when Union was good old #26.

Comment

Until U actually beats a ranked team.. or at least one with a winning record.. I won't pay much attention to polls & such. Hopefully that changes this weekend.
                                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X