Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
    Chris Heisenberg has a new recruit listed for Union, Mark Bennett of the Oakville Blades (OJHL): http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5985
    Ingoldsby and Welsh both played for Oakville.
    2008-2009 ECAC Pick The Standings Contest Champ!

Comment

Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

there is a thread up for this weekends set of rit/niagara at rpi/union if you guys want to weigh in there.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...n-(10-22-10-23)
      i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Overall I'm happy with the weekend & getting the win on Saturday. Any road win is a good win, especially when it's 3000 miles from home. Sounds like U did what they had to do for the first 2 periods and then clamped down & held the lead in the 3rd. As we all know from league play, protecting leads is a very key attribute and good to see Kinkaid & company rise to the occasion.

And while it definitely would have been better to get a tie or win on Friday, I didn't see anything that gives me a lot of concern about what this team can do going forward. U went toe to toe with a very good ranked team on their home ice and in the end it came down to 1 or 2 key plays during the game that decided it. The offense and goaltending look to be very good and the d-men are mostly getting the job done. PP & PK have both been pretty good so far. A little more tweaking and getting players roles established and this could be a pretty good hockey team.

About the only question I would pose is whether at some point Welsh should be moved to the Prez-Zajac line. Jeremy is definitely the best sniper on the team and that could really bolster the top line. Of course the risk is breaking up a good combo with the 2 freshmen, but maybe a thought if the offense struggles down the road.

I am concerned a bit about the how the team will react next weekend after the long trip back. I know from going to the West coast that the return jet lag is always worse. Niagara & RIT are not to be taken lightly (RIT especially). Hoping the boys find their legs and keep the momentum going.
        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

This is too good to miss. Because I've bought tickets through Harvard Athletics, I'm on their mailing list, and today found the following in my email:

The Harvard hockey season is upon us and we want YOU to pick the slogan for the first give-a-way!To kick off the season, 250 student t-shirts will be given away at the Men’s Hockey home opener vs Union on November 5 at 7 p.m. The only thing we are missing is a slogan!

Submit your best slogan today on Facebook! Visit www.GoCrimson.com/HockeySlogan, click to attend the Facebook event, and post your slogan on the event wall. If yours is chosen, it will be printed on 250 t-shirts and given away to the first 250 students at the Friday, November 5th Men’s Hockey game! Hurry, the deadline for submission is Friday, October 22nd at Midnight.
          You guys are the opponents on November 5th. Let's see what you can come up with. Have fun!
          A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

No posts since October 19th? What's going on? I wasn't at the game but we won 6-1? Even though it's against Niagara, that's still impressive. How did we look? As dominant as the score tells us?
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
              No posts since October 19th? What's going on? I wasn't at the game but we won 6-1? Even though it's against Niagara, that's still impressive. How did we look? As dominant as the score tells us?
              I'll bite. The score was generally representative of play IMO. Union started out a bit slowly and failed to convert on some good scoring chances in the first. By the same token, Kinkaid came up big in that period on a potential short handed goal and again made another huge save late in the period to keep it scoreless. The second was marked by some great playmaking and finishes as Union scored 4 in the blink of an eye. After the second, it was pretty much Union on cruise control at least until I left with about 10:00 left in the game to return home to watch the Yankees debacle.

Kinkaid is really beginning to impress me. He looks bigger and stronger than last year which should help him maintain his stamina. He is pretty athletic and it looks like he has been working on refining his rebound control. I knew he was good, but I think he could easily be our best goalie ever and a potential pro prospect. In fact as an undrafted free agent, I think we may at some point have to worry about losing him early, but we'll deal with that when the time comes, I guess, though it seems generally that goalies leave college early less frequently than skaters (or maybe it just seems that way because there are fewer of them).

I'm guessing tonight's could be a closer game as RIT seems to have plenty of veteran talent from last year's feel good story team, though they seem to be sorting out some issues on D and in goal. They should also be pretty ornery after the beat down that the Engineers applied last night. Still I think U should be up to the challenge.

Comment

7-2, final. I hope we can keep up the high scoring!

Comment

Way to go U
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

The only nit I can pick with this team so far is that they haven't been getting any scoring from the D-men, only one goal so far, I think. On the other hand the forwards have been lighting the lamp so often, the defensemen haven't really had a chance to score.

Comment

Cant believe we have team playing like they are and we let this post linger on bottom of second page.....

lets hope they continue their play this weekend up in lake placid......

Comment

My biggest concern is that this weak OOC schedule is not testing the team enough going into league play. The 4 teams U has beaten have ONE total win among them.. I'll grant that RIT is probably a better team than they looked the other night and should be one of the better teams in Atlantic, but their d-men are weak and their goalie had the flu. Definitely not the same team that made the F4. Having 3 more games against AHA bottom dwellers should be great for team stats but not much else. U really did not come out with their A game in the first period of either game this weekend. Kinkaid saved the bacon on Friday and some overaggressive penalties by the Tigers on Saturday did them in, even though they outplayed U for most of the 1st period. Slow starts won't cut it against real good teams.

Which is not to say I'm unhappy with a 40%PP and great goaltending.. the overall talent level and preparation of the team has allowed them to bring their A game in spurts and still win. That is a sign of a good team. However, excuse me if I'm already looking past Thursday's game with UConn to Saturaday's tilt with the Appert Gang. That should be a real good game. The Engineers are getting excellent goaltending and play good defense. On the big ice surface at LP, could be a game very similar to the one against Alaska.

Comment

First of all, congrats on your 1000th post, ADK.

Second of all, I share your concern with out tremendously weak OOC schedule. However, I'm not quite as concerned as you. It would be one thing if we were beating these teams by one or two goals. However, we are absolutely CLOBBERING them. We have looked like Divison I while they have looked like Division III teams.

As you said though, the real test will come when we start playing other ECAC teams. I think we're ready.
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

We'll know soon enough about the OOC games because I at least am looking past UCONN to this weekend against RPI. It should be a real litmus test for both teams. I take some solace in the pastings that Union has been laying on the competition at Messa, but I think the Alaska weekend may be the most telling past performance. Union acquitted itself very well it seems against two tough teams under difficult circumstances. The RPI game will present a challenge with a deep team with a top notch goal tender and could be a perfect tuneup for both teams for the opening of the conference schedule. I'm not sure how the larger ice surface will effect the outcome and which team if either team may be at an advantage. I'm making the trip and looking forward to a win but if we don't get it, expect a good effort and an entertaining game.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                              First of all, congrats on your 1000th post, ADK.

Second of all, I share your concern with out tremendously weak OOC schedule. However, I'm not quite as concerned as you. It would be one thing if we were beating these teams by one or two goals. However, we are absolutely CLOBBERING them. We have looked like Divison I while they have looked like Division III teams.

As you said though, the real test will come when we start playing other ECAC teams. I think we're ready.
                              LOL.. there are some RPI posters that do 1000 posts on a good weekend.. and, yeah, things must be pretty good if the worst thing I can complain about is the lack of competition on the schedule. A few years ago that would have been a joke.

Hopefully the boys won't take UConn lightly and get the job done. Will be interesting to see if Milan or Grosenick get the nod in goal. Seems that KK is the man for now in the big games.

Oh.. and congrats to Prez and Kinkaid on POW and GOW honors!
                              Last edited by ADK11; 10-27-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

We play Minnesota, Western Michigan, and Bemidji in December. All those teams are top 25 teams right now. That should even the OOC schedule out a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X