Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Playoff update (as if nobody is paying attention):

With Harvard's sweep of Clarkson, either them, St. Lawrence, or Colgate will be coming to Schenectady. In other words, there will be no reliving the 5OT game from last year...at least not with Quinnipiac.

I have to say that while I expected a 3-game series in Troy, I didn't expect one in Princeton. I also didn't expect a road sweep in Potsdam or a sweep by either team at Quinnipiac. Kinda tells you something about the ECAC.
    Last edited by aweise; 03-06-2011, 08:03 AM.
    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Originally posted by aweise View Post
      With Harvard's sweep of Clarkson, either them, St. Lawrence, or Colgate will be coming to Schenectady. In other words, there will be no reliving the 5OT game from last year...at least not with Quinnipiac.
      I'm thinking that of the 3 we match up best with SLU. Based on the tough games Colgate and Harvard gave us, and as well as they've been playing of late, I'd rather not deal with either of them, but then again, we have to play the hand that's dealt.

Comment

St. Lawrence would strike me as the easiest of the three... perhaps by a wide margin.

Colgate could be surprisingly tough. Counting this weekend, they're 5-3-1 in their last 9 games and in that span they've tied Yale (@ Yale), have beaten RPI twice, and beat Dartmouth. They've held their own against some good teams lately.

Harvard is another team that's played well lately -- including this weekend, they're 7-1-1 in their last 9 games. You can't sleep on them despite a lackluster season.

I'm not sure what's gotten into St. Lawrence this weekend. They finished the season in next-to-last place and lost six of their last 7 regular season games. Unlike Colgate, who finished dead last, they hadn't showed signs of life. STL had also lost to Princeton three times this year by a combined score of 14-5.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
          I'm not sure what's gotten into St. Lawrence this weekend. They finished the season in next-to-last place and lost six of their last 7 regular season games. Unlike Colgate, who finished dead last, they hadn't showed signs of life. STL had also lost to Princeton three times this year by a combined score of 14-5.
          Joe Marsh maybe? He's an excellent coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            Joe Marsh maybe? He's an excellent coach.
            You beat me to it. In fact, he's such a great coach that he got his boys to beat Princeton again today. So, it'll be either Colgate or SLU coming to Schenectady next weekend.

It would seem that Harvard & Colgate would be the scary teams coming into the playoffs and they've proven that so far. However, don't count out SLU. Joe Marsh usually gets the best out of his team in early March. I'll say it until I'm purple...NOTHING should be taken for granted in this league.
            Last edited by aweise; 03-06-2011, 05:17 PM.
            Union Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
              It would seem that Harvard & Colgate would be the scary teams coming into the playoffs and they've proven that so far. However, don't count out SLU. Joe Marsh usually gets the best out of his team in early March. I'll say it until I'm purple...NOTHING should be taken for granted in this league.
              Any team getting through the first round will be tough because they obviously had to be playing well to advance. Throw out the early season records and just pay attention to the last month or so, and for the most part any of these 3 teams will be a handful. The teams that have been eliminated so far really were not playing well going into the postseason. The same for the most part applies to RPI which as I post this is struggling half way through game 3. I still expect Union to beat any of the three but understand that nothing is easy in the EZ AC and an upset is not out of the equation.

Comment

RPI and Colgate heading into OT. Who will be coming to Schenectady next weekend? SLU or Colgate? Time will tell.
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

It's Colgate @ Union. Colgate beat RPI, 2-1, in the 2nd OT to win the series, 2 games to 1.

Comment

And the best last-place team in the country is headed to Schenectady next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by achillesrink-3-7-5 View Post
                      And the best last-place team in the country is headed to Schenectady next weekend.
                      The Dutchmen will have their hands full next weekend and the pressure will be squarely on their shoulders. It should be a good test for Union and if they pass it, a good start to the postseason.

Comment

I prefer crest myself

Colgate Beats RPI

RPI currently in 3 way tie @ 16th for PWR...good news they dont have any more games left...bad news, they dont have any more games left.

LETS GO U

See y'all Fri @ the U

Comment

Another epic choke job by the Troy Boys. Let's show them how it's done next weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
                            Here's to seeing you in two weeks
                            Ahem

Hopefully this is more competitive than the regular season matchup

Here's to a good series ...and two Colgate wins
                            ECAC Champions: 1990
                            NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                            ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                            NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                            Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

It's not going to be easy, but I hope we crush them.

*****http://www.theadamsmith.com/artstore/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Colgate.jpg******
                              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                                Another epic choke job by the Troy Boys. Let's show them how it's done next weekend!
                                It's pretty disappointing, actually. As much as I've been an RPI hater over the years, I would have loved to see them knock off Cornell and stick it to the ECAC powers that be. But, as UHM said, they were struggling coming into the playoffs. Even after a convincing win Friday night, they still couldn't close it out.

You still gotta give Colgate some credit - down to an elimination game, they pulled out two wins on the road. Now they'll be coming into town with all the confidence in the world and have nothing to lose. It's the most dangerous type of opponent, but I hope Nate will have the boys focused and ready.
                                Union Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X