Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Snow has picked up again in Schenectady, but is supposed to tapper off between 6-8 PM. Going through the online ticket system last night, it seemed like quite a few seats were already sold. But this is probably the worst game night weather I can remember this season. The Friday game in early Jan vs St. Lawrence also sticks out as being especially treacherous.

There's probably 15 inches of heavy, wet snow in Schenectady. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people decide not to bother with the roads tonight.

Comment

• Re: Union College Dutchmen Hockey 2010-11: There's one way and that's to Atlantic Cit

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      No snow here in Grand Cayman., but I'll be checking the internet for updates on the game. My son's laptop runs Linux and doesn't support the teamline stream. Of course when we planned this trip, a first place finish was just a twinkle in my eye, not that I'm complaining but you guys are going to have to bring it home this weekend without me. Make it an historic weekend, wish I could be there (sort of ) Go U!
      Did you visit the Turtle Farm yet? My wife and I went there on our honeymoon cruise, and it was fantastic. We also visited the Rum Cake Factory, and the big pit in Hell. Make sure you send a your Union brethren a postcard from Hell, the only post office in Grand Cayman. PS, I know it's a delicacy in Grand Cayman, but, don't eat the turtle soup. After visiting the turtle farm and picking up the turtle's, they'll poop on you.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Did you visit the Turtle Farm yet? My wife and I went there on our honeymoon cruise, and it was fantastic. We also visited the Rum Cake Factory, and the big pit in Hell. Make sure you send a your Union brethren a postcard from Hell, the only post office in Grand Cayman. PS, I know it's a delicacy in Grand Cayman, but, don't eat the turtle soup. After visiting the turtle farm and picking up the turtle's, they'll poop on you.
        Yup, did the turtle farm, those are some big reptiles. Also swam with the stingrays, pretty cool. Didn't go to Hell. Also took a pass on the turtle soup. I've gotta say that after a week or so here, I don't feel like going anywhere, except AC, of course. Go U!

Comment

I thought this game would be surprisingly close, but still expected Union to win. A tie is rather disappointing, but at least Colgate tied Yale as well.
          Last edited by rdf8585; 02-26-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Gotta love Colgate...destiny deferred! Ah, but for the elusive A game the Dutchmen would be revelling in an ECAC regular season championship. There are no gimme's in this league. Princeton is a very high hurdle. PRAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Ice View Post
              Gotta love Colgate...destiny deferred! Ah, but for the elusive A game the Dutchmen would be revelling in an ECAC regular season championship. There are no gimme's in this league. Princeton is a very high hurdle. PRAY!
              I'm telling you...don't bank on anything in this league.

Matt & Brian said after the game that it was probably a B+ effort for Union and I'd have to agree. When the lead was 2-0, I felt like they could win without their best effort. It was difficult to tell if Union just didn't have enough energy or if Quinnipiac played them tightly enough to take Union off their game. Probably a combination of both, but if Union put out the appropriate effort, they would have won.

Even if they did win, they'd still only be 2 points ahead of Yale and wouldn't have clinched first place. A share of first place would have been taken care of, but I'm more interested in sole possession of first place.

Nevertheless, win tonight and the Cleary Cup comes to Schenectady.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Please beat Princeton tonight

Comment

Cleary Cup Champions!!!
                  National Champions 2014!
                  Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                  Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                  Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                    Cleary Cup Champions!!!
                    Congrats to Union.
                    You guys deserve the Cleary Cup after the performance you put on to end this season.
                    Here is to hoping that we meet up in AC and then beyond!
                    -------------
                    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                      Cleary Cup Champions!!!
                      Incredible, this still hasn't sunk in! Amazing job by the team and staff, this is only the beginning of more great things to come this season and beyond!

LET'S GO U!!!

Comment

Congrats Union on your first Cleary Cup!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

GO UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Congrats on wining the cup.......

exciting to be at the rink tonight...standing room only.......great excitement..........

ty to the team...coaches...and staff for amazing hockey..

ty to dennis for great ice....enjoy your retirement....you earned it...

Comment

Nice job U.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Congrats on the title Dutchmen. Well deserved for a strong and deep team

Here's to seeing you in two weeks
                              ECAC Champions: 1990
                              NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                              ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                              NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                              Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Congrats to Union! You won the game you had to win to lock it down decisively, and that is the mark of a champion. I hope it's a Union-Yale final at AC in 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X