Colorado College Young Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado College Young Guns

Should be an interesting year for the Tigers! Young, inexperienced team with a coach that is on the hot seat! Could be a huge year if Jaden Schwartz is as advertised!
    "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." -- Herb Brooks

Re: Colorado College Young Guns

Although the title for this thread is totally gay, I would hate to see it die out so soon.

As a Tigers fan, I haven’t been very impressed with the results of the last 2 seasons. However, I really doubt that Owens is in the hot seat. I’m no expert and would be interested to hear what others have to say.

*****http://i297.***********.com/albums/mm220/AnnaMollyMadison/Men/loudiamondphillips2.jpg******

FYI - I think Jaden looks most like Lou Diamond Phillips.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

So Ron do you look like Mike Vick?
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I also do not see Owens in danger of losing his job. Unless someone is a fly on the wall in Ken Ralph's office, there is really no basis of that. I do think it is mostly his fault for CC choking post-season. If he wasn't fired before now for that, I do not see this season being any different. Maybe Lucia being in the hot seat translates to Owens also on the brink.

On a different note, home schedule seems decent this year, with teams not normnally seen: RPI, Yale, and UAH. Seeing UNO join the WCHA, and the norms of Denver, Minnesota, UND, Mankato, and tUMD.

Comment

I believe Home ice for the playoffs will all depend on how Joe Howe preforms. He has all the tools to carry the Tigers well into the WCHA playoffs and possible a chance to dance...

Sure will be good to see them in action this weekend. We will be at all three CS area games...

Esox
          ESOX
          Badger Fan at heart, but its hard not to love the Sioux...

A friend will bail you out of jail.
          A true friend will be sitting next to you in Jail.
          A teamate will open the door of the cop car so you don't go to jail.

Freshman demands... I Want:
          to go toe 2 toe W/ Ron Hextall in his prime..
          to watch the 1980 National champioship game live..
          Dave haxstall to smile..
          to shoot on Ed Belfour in his prime...
          the annual water polo game back, and make it real this time...

Comment

No way is Owens on any kind of hot seat.

He's a .600 coach, his program is revenue positive and his players graduate at a fine rate. He's also an alum of the school.

What CC has done since the grim days of the early 90s is nearly miraculous.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              So Ron do you look like Mike Vick?
              Mike Vick has looked pretty good lately...

Although Swami’s comments on Ownens are usually a little condescending he stays grounded in reality. I can live with that I guess.
              Originally posted by vizoroo
              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
              Originally posted by dggoddard
              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                Although the title for this thread is totally gay, I would hate to see it die out so soon.

I’m no expert and would be interested to hear what others have to say.

FYI - I think Jaden looks most like Lou Diamond Phillips.
                Given the nature of your post and photo you chose, I disagree that you are not an expert on the totally gay part...

Comment

I think CC is still a year away from being a strong team. They will have to rely on too many sophomores and freshman this year. That is too much to ask for in this league. They will probably finish around 6th or 7th in the league this year maybe a spot or two higher.

Comment

Do you think CC's young recruits will walk after this season if it's another mediocre .600 season?
                    "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." -- Herb Brooks

Comment

A .600 season is not mediocre. I think CC fans are spoiled with the great seasons CC has had (even with not so great teams) or are confusing regular season with postseason.

But even if Scottie has a .900 season, I have little faith in him going far postseason. Experience has told me that. Choke-o-rama.

But for the regular season, Owens is a great coach. He has proven that to me year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
                        A .600 season is not mediocre. I think CC fans are spoiled with the great seasons CC has had (even with not so great teams) or are confusing regular season with postseason.

But even if Scottie has a .900 season, I have little faith in him going far postseason. Experience has told me that. Choke-o-rama.

But for the regular season, Owens is a great coach. He has proven that to me year in and year out.
                        A great coaches teams wouldn't consistantly choke in the postseason... Just sayin'! Serratore will be the savior!

Comment

Originally posted by Summerzzzoff View Post
                          A great coaches teams wouldn't consistantly choke in the postseason... Just sayin'! Serratore will be the savior!
                          Doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerzzzoff View Post
                            Agreed. But you were commenting on the .600 season. I am happy with that every year.

On that comment, I think Owens and Serratore (of the Frank kind) are exact opposites of coaching styles. I see Coach Serratore's veins stick out of his neck every game. On the other hand, coach Owens rarely says a score words during a whole game, and usually asking about some officiating going on.

Anyone want to discuss Lucia?

Comment

LUCIA???? What is CC's enamoration with that guy? I have watched nearly every Gopher game for a few years running. Talk about a guy whose team consistently under performs!

Comment

Working...
                              X