Plymouth State Panthers '10-'11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plymouth State Panthers '10-'11

I see other threads for teams so I figured why not for PSU, second year coach, new rink, new recruits and try outs coming up soon should be interesting to see what happens!

Re: Plymouth State Panthers '10-'11

Originally posted by hopefulldad View Post
    I see other threads for teams so I figured why not for PSU, second year coach, new rink, new recruits and try outs coming up soon should be interesting to see what happens!
    I think you will see some serious improvement with PSU. They will not be a threat to win the East right away but they will get better this year and I think the program will grow in the right direction. New rink is always helpful when recruiting and as they slowly get better and better I think their depth will continue to grow and with that will come respect and I think you will see more and more serious players look at Plymouth as an option to play hockey and be at a school where hockey and having a good time can go hand in hand. I hope if they do improve this year that they do what they need to do to keep the coach and let them continue with whatever plan they may have .....providing it is working.

Comment

Crawl, walk, run...

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the two posts below. Luckily for PSU it isn't all that hard to get into the ECAC East playoffs. Last year Nichols and Castleton made it winning only 4 and 5 games respectively. Once you make the playoffs, anything can happen.

PSU played tough in the games that I saw last year. I thought that they were only one or two players away from fielding a more competitive team. With the recruits listed on BTD, I'm sure that they've filled those holes plus some...

We'll know more in a couple of months.

Let's hope that they fill the new rink to capacity for that first game against Norwich!
      Last edited by futurestar; 09-30-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
        Crawl, walk, run...

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the two posts below. Luckily for PSU it isn't all that hard to get into the ECAC East playoffs. Last year Nichols and Castleton made it winning only 4 and 5 games respectively. Once you make the playoffs, anything can happen.

PSU played tough in the games that I saw last year. I thought that they were only one or two players away from fielding a more competitive team. With the recruits listed on BTD, I'm sure that they've filled those holes plus some...

We'll know more in a couple of months.

Let's hope that they fill the new rink to capacity for that first game against Norwich!
        I agree with much of what you said. When I saw them play last year, the main thing that impressed me was the work ethic that the coach had instilled in a largely talent-less team. I went back and looked at BTD after you referenced it - assuming the coach can instill the same kind of work ethic into a team that has attracted some good players from across the US and even Canada, then you could definitely see them rising to at least the middle of the pack in the ECAC East.

Perhaps the most important position that the coach recruited for was goaltending - does anyone know anything about the goaltenders? If one of them can step in and be an immediate impact player, that will make a WORLD of difference for PSU this year...

Comment

Here is some of the stats on the goalie from mass..... from the 2009-2010 season...GAA of 1.39 and seven shutouts, 2009-2010 Cape Ann/Northeastern League MVP.......... 2007, 2009 NEC All Star, as well as 2009-2010 Boston Herald and Boston Globe All Scholastic
          Last edited by hopefulldad; 10-05-2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X