This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The D1 Forum Poll - 2010 - 2011

With the season just about to get underway, time for the pundits on here to weigh in on the polls.

IMHO Big Red are the team to beat this year, finally bringing that crown east.

My Poll:

1 - Cornell
    2 - Wisco
    3 - UMD
    4 - Hurst
    5 - BU
    6 - Minny
    7 - Clarky
    8 - Harvard
    9 - ND
    10 - BC
    BC
    1.72%
    BU
    13.79%
    Cornell
    24.14%
    Harvard
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst
    17.24%
    Minnesota
    6.90%
    UMD
    15.52%
    UNH
    0.00%
    Wisco
    3.45%
    Other
    17.24%

Re: The D1 Forum Poll - 2010 - 2011

Added a poll option. Get your votes in.

Comment

I would expect Clarkson to garner some votes.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Sure, I'm a bit of a homer for selecting Hurst, but I'll be rooting for a rematch with Cornell whereas they'd be my second choice.
        Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          I would expect Clarkson to garner some votes.
          You are correct. I had planned to include them in the list but missed them during the submission . It appears that you can no longer add them once the poll is released. . My apologies to the Clarky fans. Your team deserves to be in this poll.
          Last edited by OnMAA; 09-29-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I think I know who joe's voting for. Anyone else care to reveal their "other" picks?
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I think I know who joe's voting for. Anyone else care to reveal their "other" picks?
              Right now I'd wager to guess that the "other" votes are one for Clarky and one for PC. Not sure on the other one, Darthy ?.

I must say Brooky, impressed that you are voting with your brain rather than with your heart !.
              Last edited by OnMAA; 09-29-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

My vote is obvious, but I'd be honest about it regardless. Last year I wouldn't have voted for the Bulldogs for the same reasons nobody else would have. But I like them this year.

Cornell had a hell of a run last year, but I like Mercyhurst in the east especially since they're hosting the Frozen Four this year. The title stays in the west this year.
                Last edited by JosephPSchmoe; 10-02-2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  Right now I'd wager to guess that the "other" votes are one for Clarky and one for PC. Not sure on the other one, Darthy ?.

I must say Brooky, impressed that you are voting with your brain rather than with your heart !.
                  Well I thought they were a heckuva team in the FF last March. Appears they've added high quality freshmen. I'm hoping I'm wrong about their taking the title...unless they're playing UMD for the marbles, but I'm confident Cornell will be in Erie.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Picking the champ this year is really tough. As hard as it is for a team to repeat, I voted for UMD. They just have so much talent and experience returning this year, I think it's hard NOT to give them the nod in a preseason poll like this. But with so many great teams contending this year, it'll be very tough road for whoever comes out on top - they will have earned it.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well I thought they were a heckuva team in the FF last March. Appears they've added high quality freshmen. I'm hoping I'm wrong about their taking the title...unless they're playing UMD for the marbles, but I'm confident Cornell will be in Erie.
                      Some fan. 18,000+ posts about the Gophers and the State of Hockey and you pick someone else over your team? A new low Brooky.

Can't vote with his heart...doesn't have one...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                        Some fan. 18,000+ posts about the Gophers and the State of Hockey and you pick someone else over your team? A new low Brooky.

Can't vote with his heart...doesn't have one...
                        Oh my...I'm simply crushed by your incredibly intelligent, accurate assessment of my character.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Oh my...I'm simply crushed by your incredibly intelligent, accurate assessment of my character.

Arlan, you really have to do a better job of "inspiring"...
                          Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 09-29-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

If this was an auction, I'd sure be bidding on Wisconsin at this piont. They are quickly establishing themselves as the most underrated team on the landscape.
                            Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            But with so many great teams contending this year, it'll be very tough road for whoever comes out on top - they will have earned it.
                            I agree, but I thought that in 2006-2007, and Wisconsin's road to the title wound up being less arduous than one would have thought, thanks to all of the other top seeds getting knocked off in the quarters.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              If this was an auction, I'd sure be bidding on Wisconsin at this piont. They are quickly establishing themselves as the most underrated team on the landscape.
                              Indeed. Shocking that with 35 voters weighing in todate, not a single Wisco vote. Only 7 votes out of the 35 for the WCHA teams. And this is not cause of a lack of Western voters. Several of them have been voting for either Cornell or BU. Needless to say this is gonna be a great year for womens college hockey, with a race at the top that appears to be wide open.
                              Last edited by OnMAA; 09-30-2010, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X