Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Agree on the gibbons play...thought the same thing

Any coach wants to clear the zone while maintaining possession at the sam
    e time...doing that isn't always easy
    S Whitney does this a lot too. Has a good chance for a partial breakin and just curls off looking to pass. If Gibbons can make it work I'm cool with that but... he turned around and made the backhand pass so obvious long before the pass was made... it just never will work if you eliminate yourself as a shooter like that.

Highlights are up on bceagles.com but they don't show visitor goals so we can't see the Maine goal. How about the unselfish play by Arnold to pass it off to Almeida for the ENG?

A few game notes from bceagles.com:

Muse lowered his season goals against average to 1.51 and raised his save percentage to .955. The goaltender has 30-or-more saves in six (of nine) games this winter ... Sophomore defenseman Patrick Wey finished with a game-high +3 rating ... BC improved its unbeaten streak against Maine to eight games during which the team is 7-0-1 ... The senior class improved to 8-1-3 in 12 meetings between the teams since the 2007-08 season.

Mullane had a good day from the faceoff dot.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      with the emergence of arnold, when hayes comes back, you'll have some good options for a 4th line
      It will be interesting to see what happens when KHayes returns, as he was playing very well on that 2nd line with his brother and Kreider. I would consider putting KHayes back on that 2nd line and have Arnold replace Mullane on the 3rd line with the Whitney brothers as I think he's got more upside than Mullane. Then the 4th line would be Almeida/Mullane/Brown, which if nothing else would be a good defensive/checking line.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Actually, my prediction is that with Jack Parker walking around Conte today, Melissa snapped a pic of him in the crowd and USCHO will use that picture as a caption to the BC-Maine results. Something like:

"BU's Coach Jack Parker watched the BC-Maine tilt on Sunday at Conte Forum while trying to avoid having to take out a restraining order against USCHO staffer Scott Weighart. Did you know coach Parker had bypass surgery this offseason and won 7 tournament titles in 2009!?!?! Did ya did ya did ya? I didn't think so! Oh by the way, BC beat Maine yesterday."
        ****, I didn't see him. I did include a shot of Dennehy in the game gallery, but the recap is still not up.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

LOL at the pic on the homepage. Well done USCHO!!!

From the Maine/BC recap, I think picture #52 should have been used...

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            I'm not a believer in BU yet, I supposed I could be looking through partisan blinkers but I don't think freshmen will be able to carry them to major hardware this year. I feel like their record is mostly smoke and mirrors right now.
            God, I'm glad somebody finally said it.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              God, I'm glad somebody finally said it.
              I mean, I think they're a good team. I just think they're due for a period of "statistical correction." They're not as good as their record indicates right now.
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Smith & JWhitney were both coming off 50 point years and Bradford had 45 points his last healthy year as a Soph. Ferriero was a former 20+ goal scorer and Gibbons was certainly an up and coming Soph. Throw in 5 of 6 D-men returning and a very good Freshmen class and it's not a stretch to say that this team was very talented.
                every BC team has talent, that wasnt my point, they just weren't a very good TEAM though they were playing their best at the end but it wasn't nearly enough

Comment

According to a poster on EagleOutsider (don't think he posts here) Vinny Saponari couldn't get in and won't be here next year.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    Hopefully we can stay injury free until at least K Hayes gets back...
                    Obviously, you've forgotten that you play Merrimack this Friday?
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      I know you guys like to bash the coverage on the front page of BUCHO, did you notice on Friday, when #2 BU lost their first game of the season, there was no mention of it in the recap (though there was of BC beating Maine), and after last night's rebound win over UNH, they had BU on the cover again? At least they don't try to hide it, eh?
                      BUSCHO is making Fox News look unbiased nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        According to a poster on EagleOutsider (don't think he posts here) Vinny Saponari couldn't get in and won't be here next year.
                        wow! would have like to read what hokydad woulda "reported" on this.......did i really say that? on second thought, i'm all set

Comment

on a more important note, Jerry York has signed a 5 year contract posted on bceagles .com

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                            BUSCHO is making Fox News look unbiased nowadays...
                            You guys are the "front page" of USCHO and INCH. This is crap!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              on a more important note, Jerry York has signed a 5 year contract posted on bceagles .com
                              At least Flip did the right thing here.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                At least Flip did the right thing here.
                                Suck, I thought he was coming to Maine. Good news for you guys and for college hockey in general.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X