Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    no, they just weren't very good, we loved kyle kucharski but when he's one of your best players................
    They returned 10 of their top 14 scorers from a national title team and you're gonna tell me they weren't very good? They had the talent.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      I think you're a very good poster, but you're delusional if you think anyone in HE is holding anything back at this point in the season. Everyone understands the importance of every game, and no one, even BC, is going to take for granted that they'll make the NCAAs and can therefore afford to hold something back.
      If BC was going balls to the wall, would they have ever broken up the line of Atkinson, Gibbons & Whitney?

They want to see what else they have.

Comment

no, they just weren't very good, we loved kyle kucharski but when he's one of your best players................
        That team still had Ferreiro, Smith, Brock Bradford, Gibbons, JWhitney and some really good Frosh. To me it was definately the fact that Muse was injured that killed that team. Think about it, when Muse has been healthy, he has won 2 NCAA titles and this year his stats are off the charts. When he had a messed up hip his stats were the worst they've been and they didn't make the NCAA's.

Comment

They returned 10 of their top 14 scorers from a national title team and you're gonna tell me they weren't very good? They had the talent.
          yes, i'm gonna tell you they weren't that good. you see enough hockey and should know that.............you saw Nathan Gerbe in the NCAA tourney right? well, he left. yes, they had some talent but not nearly enough. did last year's freshman class have a big impact?

Comment

Is it me or does BC try and be too cute sometimes? For instance, in the 3rd period Gibbons came into the offensive zone, with a clear path to the net and stopped, twirled around and looked for a trailer. There also seems to be times when instead of just getting the puck out of their zone, they pass it back to the defenseman and/or screw around with it. Does York preach possession over getting the puck cleared?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              That team still had Ferreiro, Smith, Brock Bradford, Gibbons, JWhitney and some really good Frosh. To me it was definately the fact that Muse was injured that killed that team. Think about it, when Muse has been healthy, he has won 2 NCAA titles and this year his stats are off the charts. When he had a messed up hip his stats were the worst they've been and they didn't make the NCAA's.
              well, of course that was a factor as was smith having sports hernia ................

Comment

yes, i'm gonna tell you they weren't that good. you see enough hockey and should know that.............you saw Nathan Gerbe in the NCAA tourney right? well, he left. yes, they had some talent but not nearly enough. did last year's freshman class have a big impact?
                All I'm saying is that in my opinion (and having read these boards that year, in most people's opinions), that team underachieved. No question Muse's hip was a factor, but if you go back to what people were saying (on here and elsewhere), he was far from the only problem. York talked about the team having a championship hangover, and to me that indicates that the team, at least to some measure, took things for granted.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

All I'm saying is that in my opinion (and having read these boards that year, in most people's opinions), that team underachieved. No question Muse's hip was a factor, but if you go back to what people were saying (on here and elsewhere), he was far from the only problem. York talked about the team having a championship hangover, and to me that indicates that the team, at least to some measure, took things for granted.
                  yes, all true so the truth is somewhere in between our points of view

Comment

Smith & JWhitney were both coming off 50 point years and Bradford had 45 points his last healthy year as a Soph. Ferriero was a former 20+ goal scorer and Gibbons was certainly an up and coming Soph. Throw in 5 of 6 D-men returning and a very good Freshmen class and it's not a stretch to say that this team was very talented.

Comment

I know you guys like to bash the coverage on the front page of BUCHO, did you notice on Friday, when #2 BU lost their first game of the season, there was no mention of it in the recap (though there was of BC beating Maine), and after last night's rebound win over UNH, they had BU on the cover again? At least they don't try to hide it, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        BU hadn't won in 4 games, so obviously last night's win triggered another photo on the front page!!! This time, they simply used one that was previously used.
                        as the only sunday game, you would suspect a BC picture up tomorrow.. however i assume we'll just get a different BU picture and speculation on where they will be in the poll. my guess is a headline of 'NEW NUMBER 1??????????????' and a picture of jack parker naked.
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          Keep in mind... that season we also had the Loco Petrecki season in which he was practically undermining the team at just about every turn (not intentionally but the penalties... like headbutting or boarding guys constantly... and the timing... like with a minute left in regulation of a tie game ... were still stupendously stupid). I've never really seen anything like it and hopefully never do again. He would just self destruct and go down in a blaze of glory and just took the team with him ever time it seemed. It was ridiculous.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            No disrespect to Tommy Atkinson, but am curious as to why he's seeing all the ice time over Brooks Dryoff. I realize Atkinson has a bit more experience, but Dryoff looks to have been a much more productive prep player (2nd leading scorer at Andover) and has much better size, whereas Atkinson looks to have been more of a role player. I trust that Jerry knows what he's doing, but still a bit perplexing. Either way, I don't think I trust our current 4th line as much as I did last years.

with the emergence of arnold, when hayes comes back, you'll have some good options for a 4th line

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              as the only sunday game, you would suspect a BC picture up tomorrow.. however i assume we'll just get a different BU picture and speculation on where they will be in the poll. my guess is a headline of 'NEW NUMBER 1??????????????' and a picture of jack parker naked.
                              Actually, my prediction is that with Jack Parker walking around Conte today, Melissa snapped a pic of him in the crowd and USCHO will use that picture as a caption to the BC-Maine results. Something like:

"BU's Coach Jack Parker watched the BC-Maine tilt on Sunday at Conte Forum while trying to avoid having to take out a restraining order against USCHO staffer Scott Weighart. Did you know coach Parker had bypass surgery this offseason and won 7 tournament titles in 2009!?!?! Did ya did ya did ya? I didn't think so! Oh by the way, BC beat Maine yesterday."
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                                Is it me or does BC try and be too cute sometimes? For instance, in the 3rd period Gibbons came into the offensive zone, with a clear path to the net and stopped, twirled around and looked for a trailer. There also seems to be times when instead of just getting the puck out of their zone, they pass it back to the defenseman and/or screw around with it. Does York preach possession over getting the puck cleared?
                                Agree on the gibbons play...thought the same thing

Any coach wants to clear the zone while maintaining possession at the sam
                                e time...doing that isn't always easy

Comment

Working...
                                X