Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

I had it for some of the first but got too frustrated and went to the UVM feed exclusively. Their announcers were priceless.

Comment

*****http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1HS1-ujUwqpK8M:http://i447.***********.com/albums/qq191/maikelito/NelsonHaHa.jpg&t=1******

Comment

Typical BC. We have to suck until late January for some stupid reason.
        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
          Typical BC. We have to suck until late January for some stupid reason.

Relax big guy, I wouldn't call a 6-4 start sucking. It may not be "up to BC standards", but you actually played a pretty good Vermont team. They barely lost to a ridiculously talented Maine squad and just got nipped by you guys last night. It was a great series

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny View Post
            the Eagles will fly under the radar until every paper and website has to acknowledge them.
            For what?

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              For what?
              I believe he is saying that when we win the national championship, every paper and website has to acknowledge us.

EDIT: Sorry, I know that went over your head... that's this thing where we win a really important trophy. Which is an award that goes to a person or team that was the best in something. Which would go into our trophy case. Which doesn't look like this:

*****http://i52.tinypic.com/eb624m.jpg******
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-14-2010, 12:06 PM.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                I believe he is saying that when we win the national championship, every paper and website has to acknowledge us.

EDIT: Sorry, I know that went over your head... that's this thing where we win a really important trophy. Which is an award that goes to a person or team that was the best in something. Which would go into our trophy case. Which doesn't look like this:

*****http://i52.tinypic.com/eb624m.jpg******
                BC was acknowledged on the front page of USCHO for practically the entire off season for winning it all. Do you need it to continue? BU is the #1 team in the Nation right now. BC has been mediocre. If you do get an article, it may not have the praise that you so desperately desire.

Comment

BC was acknowledged on the front page of USCHO for practically the entire off season for winning it all. Do you need it to continue? BU is the #1 team in the Nation right now. BC has been mediocre. If you do get an article, it may not have the praise that you so desperately desire.
                  *****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cdqdRjExLbc/S9M626gJKiI/AAAAAAAAAeE/VChb1PlGgh0/s1600/WHOOSH2%5B1%5D.gif******
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    *****http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1HS1-ujUwqpK8M:http://i447.***********.com/albums/qq191/maikelito/NelsonHaHa.jpg&t=1******
                    please respond with your age..........

Comment

we don't desire praise, we earn it with trophies (plural) ...............remember that before your next inane post

Comment

Spend Sunday at BC! The men are playing Maine at 1 and the women are playing BU at 7 pm.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          Was this meant for the Maine threads from the last three seasons? Looks like the San Diego Chargers have worn off on you...

LOL. The entire off season? Give me a break. Plus there's no comparison to displaying the national champion to the paper champions of being ranked #1 in November. There's no reason they need a picture of BU after every game they play. Nobody here is saying anything about BC not being shown.

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                          Spend Sunday at BC! The men are playing Maine at 1 and the women are playing BU at 7 pm.
                          Indianapolis @ New England 4:15 PM

Comment

Eagles absolutely gave UVM 3 goals in the saturday night game with 3 atrocious giveaways in their own end, one of them by leaving the puck behind the net thinking another BC player was right behind who ever left it there ( i was in row 3 other end but same side so i couldnt see the players number ) and one other goal was a high pass/shot (couldnt tell) right from the blue line that milner never saw . gotta expect jerry to fix this issue of giving the puck up in our own end. except for that i thought they played well up there. Madore was fabulous in both games

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              Eagles absolutely gave UVM 3 goals in the saturday night game with 3 atrocious giveaways in their own end, one of them by leaving the puck behind the net thinking another BC player was right behind who ever left it there ( i was in row 3 other end but same side so i couldnt see the players number ) and one other goal was a high pass/shot (couldnt tell) right from the blue line that milner never saw . gotta expect jerry to fix this issue of giving the puck up in our own end. except for that i thought they played well up there. Madore was fabulous in both games
                              We had just as many or more giveaways that didn't lead to goals. The D has got to take better care of the puck in transition. Maine will capitalize big time on any gifts we hand them.

That being said, with 4:00 to go on Saturday, I thought we were coming out of there with 3 or 4 points. This team can turn up the 'O' on a whim, and they nearly pulled off the 3 goal comeback.

Anyone know anything about Kreider. Looked like he took a slap shot off the ankle or foot during our last flurry. He needed assistance getting off the ice. Hope he's alright.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I think York said in today's Globe that Cross might be back for the Maine series next weekend.
                              Heard in VT he will be back. Hope so.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                So what you're really saying is Muse = Tim Thomas and Milner = Rask? Seems like the Bruins are always hanging Rask out to dry this year...

Comment

Working...
                                X