Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Bring on UNH. I'm looking for a big performance, a statement victory. If it happens, USCHO will proclaim that BC is back
    Wont' happen. BC will beat UNH 10-0 and the front page of BUSCHO will have a story on Dave Warsofsky's halloween costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      Wont' happen. BC will beat UNH 10-0 and the front page of BUSCHO will have a story on Dave Warsofsky's halloween costume.
      Excellent, and so the fanboys realize who we are talking about:

Won't happen. BC will beat UNH 10-0 and the front page of BUSCHO will have a story on Warso's halloween costume.

OR

Won't happen. BC will beat UNH 10-0 and the front page of BUSCHO will have a story on 5's halloween costume.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        As a side note, I really think BC is wasting Kreider playing him infront of the net on the first powerplay unit trying to replace Smith. Maybe parking Jimmy in front?
        Give this man a prize.

Claver, York must have been listening to you because he had Kreider playing down low and Hayes parked in front of the net and he looked very good in front, with a few deflections so he's another good option.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

can't make the first really good home game, one of the few but wondering if we can get a 4 point week (end) and who will be in net for us??? someone mentioned the "crowd" last night but i don't get it. i went through the whole garage to get to the top level and could not believe how many cars were in there and thought that maybe there would be a decent crowd but i was wrong. my question was why was the parking garage more full last night for 3300 people (some came dressed as empty seats) when last friday there were more spaces available in the garage for 6700 people. was it because it was mid-week and a lot of the students/teachers/whomever were not yet out of the garage ?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            someone mentioned the "crowd" last night but i don't get it. i went through the whole garage to get to the top level and could not believe how many cars were in there and thought that maybe there would be a decent crowd but i was wrong. my question was why was the parking garage more full last night for 3300 people (some came dressed as empty seats) when last friday there were more spaces available in the garage for 6700 people. was it because it was mid-week and a lot of the students/teachers/whomever were not yet out of the garage ?
            Parking is always a mess on these midweek games because of night classes. A few years ago they had no spots so made people spark on Shea field in the ice/snow/mud. Needless to say it was a mess and a lot of people were ****ed off.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Did anyone get a good luck on the first no-goal? It was called a goal originally and from where I was sitting it didn't even look like the BC player was looking at the puck. Didn't understand that one.
              I was looking right at it, and my initial gut reaction in watching it live was not a goal. I personally don't think that it was a true "kick" into the net, but it definitely went off his skate. As it hit off his skate, he was also moving his head down towards the puck. So while I don't think he meant to kick it in, I believe the mix of the skate clearly moving towards the moving puck and his head moving down to look at the puck was enough to call it off.
              Boston College Eagles National Championships: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Minnesota Golden Gophers National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFan12 View Post
                I was looking right at it, and my initial gut reaction in watching it live was not a goal. I personally don't think that it was a true "kick" into the net, but it definitely went off his skate. As it hit off his skate, he was also moving his head down towards the puck. So while I don't think he meant to kick it in, I believe the mix of the skate clearly moving towards the moving puck and his head moving down to look at the puck was enough to call it off.
                Cool...thanks for the perspective.

I was also pondering who would be in goal tomorrow night and I have to go with Muse. Milner can get another game in at Vermont.

Comment

Cool...thanks for the perspective.

I was also pondering who would be in goal tomorrow night and I have to go with Muse. Milner can get another game in at Vermont.
                  Milner did not look good in reviewing his goals allowed at Merrimack. I think with all of these fairly big games coming up they need to ride Muse through the semester up to the Christmas tournament. Sounds ridiculous but Muse is playing out of his mind right now and he can get a rest during exams/Christmas break. Schedule eases up between Christmas and the Piszpot.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Milner did not look good in reviewing his goals allowed at Merrimack. I think with all of these fairly big games coming up they need to ride Muse through the semester up to the Christmas tournament. Sounds ridiculous but Muse is playing out of his mind right now and he can get a rest during exams/Christmas break. Schedule eases up between Christmas and the Piszpot.
                    i agree with Nick on this. I didn't see Milner at Merrimack but Muse is in another zone right now and has never looked better, IMO.............this is our key stretch of the year with the HE lumber coming up so the time is now. Yeah, i know it's still early but as i had said before , if they can do well prior to the break, the second half schedule is much easier with only a Maine a BU and the usual 2 with UNH at the end as "tough" games, not that all HE games arent tough, but you know what i'm saying

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Give this man a prize.

Claver, York must have been listening to you because he had Kreider playing down low and Hayes parked in front of the net and he looked very good in front, with a few deflections so he's another good option.
                      What is the saying about blind squirrels?

I have to agree, has to be Muse again Friday and split next weekend at UVM.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                        The forecheck was astounding.
                        this is silly considering merrihack trapped most of the game, but whatever.
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          this is silly considering merrihack trapped most of the game, but whatever.
                          while young Mr. Salvo might be prone to exaggeration (astounding, really?), Wey noticed the forechecks “They have a really good coach,” BC defenseman Patrick Wey said. “He throws a lot of different looks at us, a couple forechecks we don’t usually see.”
                          So maybe it was some combination of both.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2010/10/...#ixzz14Mu0OVcO
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

SteveF is a fool. He can't get over the days where Merrimack, under Serino, had some goons. It is a class program now with a BC coach running the squad. I mean the fact they think he would condone goonery against his alma mater let alone anyone is just foolish. He cannot give credit where credit is due. Obviously, Merrimack has no where near the talent BC does, but they are more skilled than they have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                              SteveF is a fool. He can't get over the days where Merrimack, under Serino, had some goons. It is a class program now with a BC coach running the squad. I mean the fact they think he would condone goonery against his alma mater let alone anyone is just foolish. He cannot give credit where credit is due. Obviously, Merrimack has no where near the talent BC does, but they are more skilled than they have been.
                              merrimack doesn't have goons? Tommy cross says hi

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                                merrimack doesn't have goons? Tommy cross says hi
                                I'm sure the Merrimack player meant to injure him. Get a grip. Hockey is a tough sport. Injuries happen. As a Merrimack fan who hates BC, I would never wish injury upon any BC player or any other opponent.

Move on. Just like I did after Joe Exter's tragic ACCIDENT on the ice. I never for one minute thought Pat Eaves meant to harm Exter, but he did, way worse than any Merrimack player has hurt a BC player. Does that mean BC is a bunch of goons? Nope.

Get a grip.

Comment

Working...
                                X