Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    What counts is if you're impressed with BC at the END of the seaon, not 3 weeks in. Maine looks to be pretty good but get real, they haven't done a thing for years, while BC on the other hand has won 2 of the last 3 National Championships.
    Well.......the pinheads don't want to give BU or Maine real-time credit where credit is due.

Merrimack 4 BC 2.........lol.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      So if a Maine fan starts talking trash about defending national champ BC on a BC thread after BC just won, and is 4-1 overall after starting the season with 4 tough road games............
      4-2 now........lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        Well, there's the annual loss at Volpe.
        Looking forward to the rematch the day after Thanksgiving...
        "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
        "Why?"
        "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          LOLOLOL. Oh Jeff you're so cute. Yea, they've only lost 1 game so far in playing 4 of their first 5 on the road. Swept Denver in Denver. I know we didn't sweep North Dakota at home or anything, but then again, we didn't tie Uconn at home either or get a loss and a tie at MSU, a mediocre CCHA team (North Dame is better in case you were wondering). Life is good in Hillbilly Land.

Quite frankly, you don't have to be impressed with BC in October or any other month. BC gets it done in March and April and that's all that matters. Maybe you guys can make the NCAAs this year? Maybe extend Tim's contract for beating BU in the semis and getting a moral victory against BC?
          Don't play that hillbilly crap with me.........they're 4-2 now.......and the poor alter boys at eagleaction.com will be crying in their holy water tonight......lol. I love it! Can't ban me here pinheads! Ha......ha.......HA!

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha ... poor mainejeff is excited Maine might make the NCAAs for the first time in a few years. I haven't seen him this excited since the Maine moral victory over BC last year in the HE finals!! Extend Timmay!!

http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...-vs-merrimack/

I guess BC should just cancel the season since this loss means BC has can't win the national title now... oh well.

Usually BC has a dismal powerplay to go along with a bad breakout and terrible faceoffs. With a powerplay that is respectable up to this point, they are actually well ahead of schedule.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha ... poor mainejeff is excited Maine might make the NCAAs for the first time in a few years. I haven't seen him this excited since the Maine moral victory over BC last year in the HE finals!! Extend Timmay!!

I guess BC should just cancel the season since this loss means BC has can't win the national title now... oh well.

Usually BC has a dismal powerplay to go along with a bad breakout and terrible faceoffs. With a powerplay that is respectable up to this point, they are actually well ahead of schedule.
              I'm just GIDDY that the pinheads at eagleaction.com have to read my incessant rants on this thread........"hi" pinhead2!

Comment

Holy S you're gay.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

the updates to the MC rink are actually quite nice.. hadnt been there in a few years. the concessions are still a nightmare, and i dont see how the away team should have to walk through the stands to get to the locker room; but otherwise the upgrades are obvious
                  โ€œUnless youโ€™re Boston College, you donโ€™t get here every year.โ€

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Holy S you're gay.
                    Holy S........the entire student body at BC is!

Comment

thoughts on kreider's play so far?? i know he hasn't scored, but has he played poorly? is he getting chances but just not finishing? the way he finished the year i expected him to have a huge year this year and help lead you guys to another national championship. so more then slightly surprised by his slow start

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        the updates to the MC rink are actually quite nice.. hadnt been there in a few years. the concessions are still a nightmare, and i dont see how the away team should have to walk through the stands to get to the locker room; but otherwise the upgrades are obvious
                        I remember a game there maybe ten years ago when the pizza burned and the whole game had to be played in a smoky haze. Good times.

We'll see about Merrimack. Every year BC goes there and loses. Last year around this time they beat BC at Volpe and Brian Gionta's 2001 team lost there 6-3...
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Once Upon a Time, BC lost a few more games before New Years' Day, collapsed in the rankings, and disappeared from all consideration. And then they won the National Championship. The End.
                          Chris V
                          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            I'm just GIDDY that the pinheads at eagleaction.com have to read my incessant rants on this thread........"hi" pinhead2!
                            incessant AND infantile.........

Comment

2 games w Mack, only 1 cheap shot caused injury. I guess I'll take that.

Couldn't make the game but I heard Milner was off. Now onto a weird election night game against UML

Comment

Death, Taxes, and an October loss at North Andover MDC. It's like Groundhog Day. Oh well.

One thing that really concerned me was the lack of physical play in the first two periods, in which Merrimack won pretty much everything along the wall. Also, Milner's rebounds. If I recall correctly Mack poked home two goals that were loose in front of the net due to lack of rebound control.

Tuesday/Friday should be interesting. Lowell has struggled so far this year but they're another one of those teams we always have trouble with. I suspect BC will play very well Friday night against UNH.

btw, about the rink: the upgrades were solid, but my gripe - it's freezing in there, and there's a constant gust from (I presume) the AC that blows right on you if you're in one of the first few sections of wooden bleachers.
                                Last edited by joegrav; 10-31-2010, 09:05 AM.
                                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                                -
                                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X