Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Coach York suggested 3 to 6 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      Are we supposed to be impressed with BC so far??? A loss to Notre Dame and 3-2 win vs. Merrimack at home.......lol. The pinheads over at eagleaction.com seem to think that BU and Maine don't deserve any accolades thus far, but we are supposed to worship the ground that you dweebs walk on? What a joke........
      What counts is if you're impressed with BC at the END of the seaon, not 3 weeks in. Maine looks to be pretty good but get real, they haven't done a thing for years, while BC on the other hand has won 2 of the last 3 National Championships.

Comment

[QUOTE=BCeagle;4910285]
        Originally posted by BCHF View Post

How long is Tommy Cross out? When I saw that hit, I knew it wasn't good.
        3-6 weeks according to Coach York. At least it won't require surgery, but we're just one more injury away on D from being in trouble.

Comment

• Did anyone catch that the music played during the banner raising was from Apollo 13? Didn't feel quite appropriate.
          Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Didn't BC win a National title in 2001 not having won one for 50 some odd years? I wouldn't count Maine out just because they haven't won anything recently, and judging by the way BC played last night they have some serious work to do (as do most teams this early in the year). But they got out played and certainly out muscled most of the game, it took nearly 4 minutes of 5-3 for them to tally their first goal at home.

I've said it before, I fully believe that this BC team should and probably will go on to win another title, but to count Maine out simply because they haven't made all that much noise as of late is kind of silly, there's plenty of hockey to be played..it's still October.
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
              Didn't BC win a National title in 2001 not having won one for 50 some odd years? I wouldn't count Maine out just because they haven't won anything recently, and judging by the way BC played last night they have some serious work to do (as do most teams this early in the year). But they got out played and certainly out muscled most of the game, it took nearly 4 minutes of 5-3 for them to tally their first goal at home.

I've said it before, I fully believe that this BC team should and probably will go on to win another title, but to count Maine out simply because they haven't made all that much noise as of late is kind of silly, there's plenty of hockey to be played..it's still October.
              i dont see anyone counting maine out. (or BU for that matter) most intelligent BC fans on here would agree that both teams are dangerous, and I would also extend that same respect to merrimack as well. (they always seem to play their best against BC) it doesnt' surprise me that BU is undefeated at this point (although i did predict it) but some care should be given before naming them HE/Beanpot/NCAA champions. the quality of their oppontents so far have been suspect. UML/PC/UMA are absolute garbage. (sorry!) the wins at the icebreaker were more impressive but since then it's been a cupcake sched. there will not tbe the same parity this year as there was in 09-10 in h-east.

for BC, they are notorious for starting the season slow. each week york has put different line combos together, tinkering to see what sticks. there are glimpses of absolute greatness but too often i think they try to make too many perfect plays. once they get the timing down there will be some ridiculous stuff happening i believe.

i was at the game and i didn't think merrimack outplayed BC at all. they were close, but BC was constantly getting the better looks and just couldn't bury them. (don't forget the carey goal where he wasn't even looking, or the PP goal that was blown dead as it was being shot into the net)

we will have to revisit this question tomorrow. its still way too early to make predictions of any kind, good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

BC was in the NCAAs years before it won in 2001, they had great teams that just didn't win it. Maine has been in the dumper for 3 years now and this years team looks good but has no experience in big games. Last, Timmay vs Jerry, no contest
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                  we will have to revisit this question tomorrow. its still way too early to make predictions of any kind, good or bad.
                  I can stipulate to that
                  Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

So if a Maine fan starts talking trash about defending national champ BC on a BC thread after BC just won, and is 4-1 overall after starting the season with 4 tough road games I'm supposed to tell him how great Maine is and how much respect I have for their program

Comment

MC executed the exact game plan to beat BC... trap the hell out of them on defense, get great goal tending, take cheap shots behind the play, score on the pp, and counter attack while SH.

It was a very punishing affair, as a few of our guys were realy banged up after the game (not even including cross). MC seemed to really be under Jimmy Hayes's skin all night and I thought that took him off his game some. Also, as BCHF mentioned, MC had an interesting neutral zone strategy. They didnt trap the whole game; they alternated between trapping and sending one guy in deep - which caused a lot of issues on the breakout. BC always struggles against the trap, at least early on in the season. Maybe those WCHA lemmings should take the hint one of these years!

given all that, overall it was a very even game. with the hustle play by kevin hayes/ huge mistake by cannatta acting as the obvious the game changer.
                      โ€œUnless youโ€™re Boston College, you donโ€™t get here every year.โ€

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Are we supposed to be impressed with BC so far??? A loss to Notre Dame and 3-2 win vs. Merrimack at home.......lol. The pinheads over at eagleaction.com seem to think that BU and Maine don't deserve any accolades thus far, but we are supposed to worship the ground that you dweebs walk on? What a joke........
                        LOLOLOL. Oh Jeff you're so cute. Yea, they've only lost 1 game so far in playing 4 of their first 5 on the road. Swept Denver in Denver. I know we didn't sweep North Dakota at home or anything, but then again, we didn't tie Uconn at home either or get a loss and a tie at MSU, a mediocre CCHA team (North Dame is better in case you were wondering). Life is good in Hillbilly Land.

Quite frankly, you don't have to be impressed with BC in October or any other month. BC gets it done in March and April and that's all that matters. Maybe you guys can make the NCAAs this year? Maybe extend Tim's contract for beating BU in the semis and getting a moral victory against BC?
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Speaking of the Mack, didn't realize they had become the "new" Maine with more than a dozen Canadians as well as a bunch of 86 & 87 born players on their roster.
                          Last edited by carltonbarrett; 10-30-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Well, there's the annual loss at Volpe.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              Pardon for me for jumping in here, but Maine tied UConn at home, right?
                              Merrimack 4 BC 2......lol.

Comment

Merrimack 4 BC 2......lol.
                                Merrimack is no joke this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X