Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Boy every game will be tough as everyone brings their best game against the defending champs.
    indeed and i was very impressed with Merrimack.............nice crowd and good student turnout. very enjoyable night at Conte.....oh, yeah, and that Muse kid ?? looking mighty fine

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      can we get 6000 in there tonight?
      6715 in the house tonight. nice turnout.........i know, i replied to my own post

Comment

Here's some video from the banner ceremonies taken by Tim Rosenthal:

Comment

More video from Tim Rosenthal; BC-Merrimack Postgame:

Comment

Thank you very much for posting the video of the pre-game ceremony! For those of us far away and unable to get a TV feed, we thank you.

One question: what was the piece of music that accompanied the video we saw on the scoreboard?
            Chris V
            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Milner tonight?
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Too bad about Cross. I'm curious as to whether all these injuries are because his knee is already messed up or is it just bad luck and anyone would have been injured after getting hit like that last night? Looks like Steve Whitney has a bone bruise and is out tonight as well, so we'll probably see Tommy Atkinson in the lineup. Can't afford another injury, especially on defense. And lastly, what is up with Krieder? After his second half last year, I figured he'd have had 3 or 4 goals by now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                  One question: what was the piece of music that accompanied the video we saw on the scoreboard?
                  I was wondering the same thing. the ending was the soundtrack to "inception", but the beginning credits stumped me. ive heard it somewhere but can't place the movie.

Comment

Holding Merrimack to 2 goals is a job well done. BC's team defense has been unbelievable to start the year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kenny;4910216]Holding Merrimack to 2 goals is a job well done. BC's team defense has been unbelievable to start the year.

Kenny, I would echo the same thoughts about BC's "TEAM" defense since the beginning of the year as well as PK. Lot's of critical assessment of close defensive definciences last night from some who witnessed the game which is fair because their were quite a few more turnovers then usual. The truth is that Merrimack did a very nice job of varying their forechecks throughout the game causing some confusion and indecision with the defense. Losing Tommy is very disappointing as he is the leader of that back line group. The challenge will be for the rest of that defense to step up during his absence and manage their roles efficiently as opposed to trying to do to much. Wey saw quite a bit of PP time due to Steve Whitney and Tommy Cross being out, will be interesting to watch that aspect tonight. Smaller home ice at Merrimack will likely make tonights game as physical as last nights as Merrimack attempts to neutralize BC speed on smaller surface. Another fantastic opportunity for character development for this years version of the BC Eagles.

Comment

[QUOTE=BCHF;4910241]
                        Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                        Holding Merrimack to 2 goals is a job well done. BC's team defense has been unbelievable to start the year.

Kenny, I would echo the same thoughts about BC's "TEAM" defense since the beginning of the year as well as PK. Lot's of critical assessment of close defensive definciences last night from some who witnessed the game which is fair because their were quite a few more turnovers then usual. The truth is that Merrimack did a very nice job of varying their forechecks throughout the game causing some confusion and indecision with the defense. Losing Tommy is very disappointing as he is the leader of that back line group. The challenge will be for the rest of that defense to step up during his absence and manage their roles efficiently as opposed to trying to do to much. Wey saw quite a bit of PP time due to Steve Whitney and Tommy Cross being out, will be interesting to watch that aspect tonight. Smaller home ice at Merrimack will likely make tonights game as physical as last nights as Merrimack attempts to neutralize BC speed on smaller surface. Another fantastic opportunity for character development for this years version of the BC Eagles.
                        Good points, people have to realize Merrimack is a good offensive team, with a unique aggressive approach. This isn't the Merrimack of old. So to complain about a few turnovers and a few misques by BC defense is fine, but remember who they are playing against. The Mack is averaging close to 4 goals a game.

Comment

Merrimack's ice surface is standard NHL dimensions, so unless BC's is larger than NHL there will be no difference in that respect.

Lawler does seem more cramped and can give that feeling to players with the fans being right on top of the ice but the actual dimensions are no different than any NHL rink
                          Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Are we supposed to be impressed with BC so far??? A loss to Notre Dame and 3-2 win vs. Merrimack at home.......lol. The pinheads over at eagleaction.com seem to think that BU and Maine don't deserve any accolades thus far, but we are supposed to worship the ground that you dweebs walk on? What a joke........

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                              Are we supposed to be impressed with BC so far??? A loss to Notre Dame and 3-2 win vs. Merrimack at home.......lol. The pinheads over at eagleaction.com seem to think that BU and Maine don't deserve any accolades thus far, but we are supposed to worship the ground that you dweebs walk on? What a joke........
                              Pardon for me for jumping in here, but Maine tied UConn at home, right?
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=BCHF;4910241]
                                Originally posted by Kenny View Post

How long is Tommy Cross out? When I saw that hit, I knew it wasn't good.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X