Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Horseface fits.

The 7 vs Yale was a fluke over past few minutes when they quit... Close up to that point

They wont average 5 in Hockey East this year.

We were talking about breaking the Hockey East regular season scoring record, why would I use anything but Hockey East games.

You have no clue. If you told that prediction to any HE coach, including York, they would ask you what you were high on.

If you think going to UNH, where they have been lucky to ever win at and places like UVM and ME etc and average over 7.5 goals a game is a joke
    You dont think teams will quit again? What about the 7 they scored against all those other teams. Did they quit too?

Again, Candyvan, they dont need to score 7+ against UNH or Maine to break that record. They will take some teams and beat the living bag out of them at times this year (just like you get your bag beaten by everyone on this message board on a regular basis)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      LOL again

He completely ignores that he was flat out wrong about this.
      regardless of the semantics between whether or not they accomplished it 3 5 or 7 times.. the substance of the argument was that it is awfully hard for a team to average over 7 goals a game given how in the current hockey landscape anything over 4 goals a game is already amazing.

yes, hokydad needs better fact checking. and yes, he repeatedly fails at the quote function. but using that as the basis for a rebuttal of his argument is mighty foolish
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        You dont think teams will quit again? What about the 7 they scored against all those other teams. Did they quit too?

Again, Candyvan, they dont need to score 7+ against UNH or Maine to break that record. They will take some teams and beat the living bag out of them at times this year (just like you get your bag beaten by everyone on this message board on a regular basis)
        My bad.

In Hockey East play, they scored 7 goals a grand total of 5 times in 3 years, mostly against Merrimack....

Now they are going to avg 7.5 a game, night in and night out

I do agree though that missing those 2 blowouts vs Merrimack proves they are going to avg 7.5+ a game vs Hockey East this year

Dumbest post of the year

Comment

The 7 vs Yale was a fluke over past few minutes when they quit... Close up to that point
          It... what?

I'd hate to see Yale when they DON'T quit. They scored the last 3 goals.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            regardless of the semantics between whether or not they accomplished it 3 5 or 7 times.. the substance of the argument was that it is awfully hard for a team to average over 7 goals a game given how in the current hockey landscape anything over 4 goals a game is already amazing.

yes, hokydad needs better fact checking. and yes, he repeatedly fails at the quote function. but using that as the basis for a rebuttal of his argument is mighty foolish
            Thats not the point. Missing 2 blowouts vs Merrimack, I.e. scoring 7 goals a grand total of 5 times in 3 years means they are going to avg over 7.5 a night all year

Might as well tell BU/UNH/ME/NU/UVM etc to just mail in the game sheet, and please make sure tbhey round up to 8 a game. Also, BU might get lucky and hold them to only 4 so tell Whithead to simply make his 2nd game on the road 11-0 BC. Shoots, that wont get it to 7.5+. Tell him to just make it 12-0, toss in another empty netter!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              It... what?

I'd hate to see Yale when they DON'T quit. They scored the last 3 goals.
              That one quick spurt where eevrything BC shot went in and blew it open. hayes had 2 in about 2 minutes and the wheels came off for Yale, similar to what happened to BC in the last 3 or 4 minutes...

Comment

That one quick spurt where eevrything BC shot went in
                The game?
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

My bad.

In Hockey East play, they scored 7 goals a grand total of 5 times in 3 years, mostly against Merrimack....

Now they are going to avg 7.5 a game, night in and night out

I do agree though that missing those 2 blowouts vs Merrimack proves they are going to avg 7.5+ a game vs Hockey East this year

Dumbest post of the year
                  Did I guarantee they would do it? No, that would be stupid. Not as stupid as someone saying it's a FACT that Providence College is "equal or better than BC academically".

If there was ever a team to make a run at that record, it's this one. Whether or not it happens is to be seen. This will be an offensive powerhouse that will kill teams this year.

Comment

That one quick spurt where eevrything BC shot went in and blew it open. hayes had 2 in about 2 minutes and the wheels came off for Yale, similar to what happened to BC in the last 3 or 4 minutes...
                    ..that means Yale quit??!!!. Holy smokes...I suppose BC quit too in the last few minutes of that game?

Comment

the substance of the argument was that it is awfully hard for a team to average over 7 goals a game given how in the current hockey landscape anything over 4 goals a game is already amazing.

for the record, i don't think BC will come close to 7.5 goals per game in league play. at the same time, it annoys me to no end when he's wrong, can't admit it and then tries something else...

Comment

[QUOTE=InsideHockey;4874429]Hey guys. Have some video with Jerry York at Hockey East Media Day. First 56 seconds or so feature Jack Parker. Don't know if anyone in this thread wants to sit through it, so just giving you a heads up that's all:

hey, why would we mind? JP is always a good interview and i would think most of us if not all are interested to hear what he says.........he looks great, BTW .........hope he is behind that bench soon, it wouldnt be the same with out him

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          for the record, i don't think BC will come close to 7.5 goals per game in league play. at the same time, it annoys me to no end when he's wrong, can't admit it and then tries something else...
                          The good news is, by Hokydad's past record here, if he says they won't score 7.5, it almost guarantees they will.

Comment

Just looking at your line-up.....pretty scary how good you guys can be this year. The only way this train gets derailed is if the injury bug strikes with a vengeance.

Hopefully, our freshmen will add enough talent to keep us in our games against you.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              but he's an Eagle, he belongs here ...................on a different note, GDF was on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan this morning , in studio , for over 20 minutes talking of course Notre Dame and lots of other BC things , basketball included and nary one word spoked about our National Champion hockey team. i know this shouldn't surprise us at all but COME ON!!!!!!!!
                              My "favorite" part was when Gino was asked how many games a year he attends. He started to calculate by saying, "If I go to every home football game and all the home men's and women's basketball games - that is about sixty games. With 27 other sports, if I go to two per sport thats 54 more."

So on Gino's rating list the hockey team is lumped with women's fencing and men's skiing.

Comment

SteveF, as always, the voice of reason.
                                Went back and took at look at that '86 team....wow! 32 league games (before the advent of Merrimack, UMass and UVM in HE). 203 goals, 6.35/game. Top goal scorers included K. Stevens (30), T, Sweeney (29) C. Janney (23). Janney had 74 points, still a HE single season record. Team also had Leetch ( POY as a Freshman) and Hodge Jr.
                                6.35 Goals/game.....and Merrimack wasn't even in the league!
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X