Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
    USCHO seems to be speculating that Miami will jump us and go from No. 3 to No. 1. That's hogwash in my opinion. 3-1 in four road games trumps Miami's 3-1-1 in this case, especially considering how close are only loss was, how well we played the other three games, and the fact that all three teams we played were tough teams. I mean a 9-1 win over Northern Michigan? Give me a break.
    I agree with you, but also agree with other posters. Let's let Miami be #1. The more important thing here is that we root for ND and Denver to do well. So far, so good.

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    I don't know if Notre Dame is a "very good team" anymore.
    I don't know about this. Given the debacle of a season they had last year, they're off to a good 4-1 start with some winnable games coming up against Western Michigan and Bowling Green. There's still a lot of talent on their roster.

Comment

Is there truth to the nasty rumor that they've hired Vanilla Ice for the Ice Jam tomorrow?
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I think ND is a good team that will use their victory over BC as a catalyst for continued improvement going forward.

ND consistent pressure down low on our defensive group lead to many less clean breakouts and speed leaving our defensive zone.
        ND also made their stand at their own blueline instead of retreating deep into their own zone defensively making it difficult for BC forwards to enter the offensive zone with speed and numbers.
        ND performed well on PK and did effectively finish their 5-3 PP which no one else has successfully done against the Eagles this season.

All that said the Eagles only lost 2-1 and had many opportunities to tie and or win the contest. Lots of good will come from this weekend for the Eagles from a developmental perspective. Their full potential remains a scary thought.
        Last edited by BCHF; 10-25-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
          USCHO seems to be speculating that Miami will jump us and go from No. 3 to No. 1.
          Miami has earned it and will be #1 for most of the season.
          The Eagles, meh... we can't skate with Miami.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Does the banner raising ceremony begin at 7pm on Friday? Or does the game begin at 7pm on Friday? Which would move the banner raising to 6:45 or 6:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
              Does the banner raising ceremony begin at 7pm on Friday? Or does the game begin at 7pm on Friday? Which would move the banner raising to 6:45 or 6:50.
              Good question. Trying to think back to 2008 and I honestly don't remember the timeline. You'd think the BC Athletic Department could get something out there, but that might be asking too much of them.

Comment

The Chris Garner auction is going on now - Matt Lombardi's white with Frozen Four patch is up from BC - http://server2.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/m...gi?oberman2/38

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

attention hokydad.. jersies for sale!!!!!!!
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Good question. Trying to think back to 2008 and I honestly don't remember the timeline. You'd think the BC Athletic Department could get something out there, but that might be asking too much of them.
                    Banner raising is at 6:30. Unless Hokydad has the right info and the administration is lying again
                    ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                      Is there truth to the nasty rumor that they've hired Vanilla Ice for the Ice Jam tomorrow?
                      Yup. It's on his tour schedule.
                      ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

i wonder what size crowd we'll have...........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          i wonder what size crowd we'll have...........
                          Wow..up and at em at 4:24..I commend you!

haha I hope it's a good turn out, I'll be there.....they're selling 10 dollar seats high up in the upper decks, come say hi I'll prob be the only one up there with an MC jersey

Looking forward to the banner raising and any other special ceremonies, but man am I bummed there's no more pulled pork...guess I'll have to settle for dippin dots
                          Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

I don't know where this rumor came from but there's been pulled pork at all the football games and I remember it being there last year.

I think ceremony starts around 6:45 game was delayed about 15 minutes last time.

What a game that was in 08-09.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                              Wow..up and at em at 4:24..I commend you!

haha I hope it's a good turn out, I'll be there.....they're selling 10 dollar seats high up in the upper decks, come say hi I'll prob be the only one up there with an MC jersey

Looking forward to the banner raising and any other special ceremonies, but man am I bummed there's no more pulled pork...guess I'll have to settle for dippin dots
                              yeah, sleeping issues but i was hoping no one saw the time. i'll look for a MC shirt. i am way up as well, in fact, you get go any higher..........i went on MC's site last friday and they were still selling tickets for saturday night.i wonder if they would sell it out in advance?? as far as the food at conte? IMO, faggedddaboudit, do saftey first and eat prior to the game

Comment

yes, one of the best in my 4 years of season tickets vs Bucky 5-4?? (my fav was the fog out vs NoDak 0-0 after 2 and Gerbe putting a 3 spot i think with 2 SH vs BU in Dec2007 i think) ...........BTW, speaking of fog i am sure a lot of us realize how close we were to a 75 degree day friday, missed by a day...........could have been the first test to what ever it is they did in there that is supposed to eliminate the fog problem

Comment

Working...
                                X