Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

My guess is move up Steve Whitney to Kreider's line to make it Kreider, Arnold, Steve Whitney and move Brown down to the "4th" line for a shut down.

Comment

can we pay to watch this tonite? i looked at BC and B2 but nothing there that i could see

Comment

since i was the first one driving the 'alber will start on d' bandwagon, when everyone else was beating the 'macloed will play on his offside' drum.. i want to remind you all of the second part of my theory that says when macloed finally dresses, alber will play at forward and brown will be out. that will give you almeida and alber on a line which, to me, forms the basis of a solid shutdown line.

and if i'm wrong.. well one out of two aint bad. eat it, mav
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Brown & Muse sit tonight.

Patch moves to F on the Kreider line and Macleod gets his first game action.

Comment

Wouldn't have had a problem if there were no lineup changes, but it's also good to get Milner and MacLeod involved.

Comment

Sweep!

Gotta be honest, didn't expect 3-0 at this point. Home openers for both NU and DU. Haven't played well at NU recently and had a miserable time in Denver last year. I don't care how you slice it, very impressed with the start on the road. Sets up yet another big one next weekend in South Bend. Can they finish this tough road start 4-0?

What a job by the PKers tonight, but hello, can they stay out of the box??? Three penalties on the captain...come on guys!

Comment

nice job guys............great accomplishment winning 2 there................ now on to South Bend for our nomad Eagles! seems like Jerry fixed the D after the Maine and Yale games 1-0-0-2-0

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Brown & Muse sit tonight.

Patch moves to F on the Kreider line and Macleod gets his first game action.
                  they should pay me for the services i provide
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    they should pay me for the services i provide
                    Great, but did you wave to their parents?
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Pretty impressive that Macleod gets his first action on the road vs a tough team like DU. Even if we lose all those forwards next year we should still return a pretty solid defense and a good goalie.

Comment

Hey, a +1 with no PIMs...i'd take that every time

anybody at or see saturday's game? how did he look?

Comment

Just looking at the stats and didn't realize the PK was 23 for 23. Good sign that they have killed off that many man down situations, but even better that they have had penalty problems early and it hasn't cost them. It gives them a focus area to improve. If this team can get better, it's to take less penalties and sharpen up the power play (2 for 13). You certainly cannot complain about the first three games and outscoring opponents 11-2 on the road. They are as good or better than advertised, but what are we to do without something to talk about?

A win Saturday night would be huge heading into league play.

Comment

[QUOTE= how did he look?[/QUOTE]

Issac looked just fine...he was partnered with Wey.
                            As with any new player he needs time to adjust to college enviroment and the associated speed of the game at this level. He belongs and will only get better as he adjusts his game under coaching staff's direction. I beleive Wey provided the necessary partnership to allow Issac the freedom to play his role defensively without fear of failure. In general this defense is as strong as any in the nation. Their skill set and flexibility to work with just about any partner makes them very dangerous as a collective group. Add to that the fierce "team" defense they can apply when matched up with forwards makes the team very formidable in their quest of a national title repeat.
                            2 goals against in 3 games and 0 for 23 for the oppositions power play tells you all you need to know.

Albert and J. Whitney give the team even more flexibility as both can be effective at this level up front or in the rear.

Very impressive weekend from a developmental perspective and next weeks challenge is just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
                              Albert and J. Whitney give the team even more flexibility as both can be effective at this level up front or in the rear.
                              I don't question the flexibility of Alber to be effective at both positions. But J Whitney I might be inclined to question. Sure York moved him back there when things were a failure in 08-09 but he wasn't very great as a defenseman. And with Alber/Macleod battling for D6 you won't have to worry unless 2 D get injured and even then it's only if York wants to really go with 6 instead of 5. I think he'd probably go with 5 most of the time unless someone gets winded.

Regardless, obviously huge to go into Denver and get 2 wins and do so with so much authority. Poor Denver fans had nothing to cheer about in the Sat matchup and it was already 5-0 when Denver got on the board with 2 goals. Maybe it's looking into things too much but I would say at this point you've got to like the leadership Whitney and company have provided along with the coaching staff to keep them focused and not reading the press-clippings and preseason crap that people like Cronin are throwing at them. It takes a lot of focus to go into NU and DU and grab 3 wins. Good teams win on the road as we saw with our 2008 team that was only .500 at home. Good signs on a lot of fronts except for taking too many penalties.

Gotta love the way Tommy Cross is playing now that he is 100% healthy. I would imagine he's looking good for HE Defensive POTW when they get released later today with 2 goals on the weekend.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick Papagiorgio;4897145]I don't question the flexibility of Alber to be effective at both positions. But J Whitney I might be inclined to question. Sure York moved him back there when things were a failure in 08-09 but he wasn't very great as a defenseman. And with Alber/Macleod battling for D6 you won't have to worry unless 2 D get injured and even then it's only if York wants to really go with 6 instead of 5. I think he'd probably go with 5 most of the time unless someone gets winded.

Nick, my comments about Joe as a two way player are related to his experiences in the first three games this season when he has partnered with Wey on the PK. Team has used two forwards, Wey and Joe in many many PK situations so far with great success.
                                My only point was that Joe adds just another element of flexibilty to an already formidable group. With Gibbons, Atkinson, J.Whitney, and Wey on a PK unit the opponents must be extremely careful in their choices with the puck which I believes makes them much less effective in their offensive zone.

Comment

Working...
                                X