Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2010-2011 In-Season Thread: Long Live The "Eagle" Empire!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Also, LOLed at Patch Alber being in the lineup over Isaac MacLeod. As many of us pointed out, MacLeod will have to earn his ice time.
    Gotta say - I like Patches. He's making some plays out there.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Surprised to see Kreider playing with two Freshmen, one of whom is a recruited walk-on. I would have thought they'd keep Kreider and J Hayes together as they were two thirds of a great line last year and seemed to have good chemistry. Why not keep them together and use S Whitney, Mullane or K Hayes as the 3rd guy? Not so sure I like the Carey, Mullane, J Hayes line either. York obviously knows a lot more than me, but why not put your 6 best forwards on the top two lines, which would both be killer and then you could still assemble a pretty darn good 3rd line with the likes of Almeida/Arnold/Mullane/K Hayes, etc and a decent checking line for the 4th line as well?

Comment

Also, LOLed at Patch Alber being in the lineup over Isaac MacLeod. As many of us pointed out, MacLeod will have to earn his ice time.
        agreed. that was fairly obvious. but that is the difference between people who follow the program and people who stalk the players

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        Surprised to see Kreider playing with two Freshmen, one of whom is a recruited walk-on. I would have thought they'd keep Kreider and J Hayes together as they were two thirds of a great line last year and seemed to have good chemistry. Why not keep them together and use S Whitney, Mullane or K Hayes as the 3rd guy? Not so sure I like the Carey, Mullane, J Hayes line either. York obviously knows a lot more than me, but why not put your 6 best forwards on the top two lines, which would both be killer and then you could still assemble a pretty darn good 3rd line with the likes of Almeida/Arnold/Mullane/K Hayes, etc and a decent checking line for the 4th line as well?
        i wasnt crazy about the lines either. hopefully he is just looking for some chemistry. hopefully the lack of offensive spark last night guides him into some new combos for denver.

he obviously showed a lot of faith in arnold and brown skating them so much. so why not do kreider/arnold/ j hayes and then carey/mullane/whitney and almeida/k hayes/brown.

either way, some good players are going to be on the 'fourth' line.
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I agree, other than Brown, at this point the other 11 forwards would probably be at least 2nd line guys on just about any other team in the league, except maybe Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            because it's not time to do anything set now,, gotta see how things develop and maybe around january early february tinker with it.........you know, like He always does

Comment

Atkinson award - http://www.greenwichcitizen.com/defa...tly-355146.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                So... um... that hockey game was amazing. Shots 35-35. I can't remember the last time I watched a hockey game with that frantic of a pace.
                I remember BC tying NU 0-0 in the 2001 championship year. That was a hell of a game too. Always interesting when you go to Matthews.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                  I remember BC tying NU 0-0 in the 2001 championship year. That was a hell of a game too. Always interesting when you go to Matthews.
                  Seem to remember Bobby Allen getting knocked out of that game with a concussion, but could be wrong...

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  he obviously showed a lot of faith in arnold and brown skating them so much. so why not do kreider/arnold/ j hayes and then carey/mullane/whitney and almeida/k hayes/brown.
                  Ya, my original line projections were:

J. Whitney-Gibbons-C. Atkinson
                  Kreider-Arnold-J. Hayes
                  Carey-Mullane-S. Whitney
                  Almeida-Brown-K. Hayes

Will be interesting to see if a shutdown line develops later in the season.

Comment

Forget which USCHO BC poster asked about USCHO becoming BUSCHO, but the current headline doesn't help...

"First one down for BU"

I know BU won the Ice Breaker. That's great and all, but a headline like that makes you think the King of the Fanboy Nation, Scott Weighart, wrote it. It really does read like a headline that should be on a BU blog.

Comment

Forget which USCHO BC poster asked about USCHO becoming BUSCHO, but the current headline doesn't help...

"First one down for BU"

I know BU won the Ice Breaker. That's great and all, but a headline like that makes you think the King of the Fanboy Nation, Scott Weighart, wrote it. It really does read like a headline that should be on a BU blog.
                      It does seem USCHO is run by BU writers. I know the girl who wrote the story for the BC/NU gme is a BU grad as are many others. Any time a BU player burps, it's going to be the headline with a picture on BUSCHO now.

A Brown player could cure cancer in between periods of scoring a hat trick in the Frozen Four final and somehow Warsofsky's picture will appear the next day here. Pretty weak.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        because it's not time to do anything set now,, gotta see how things develop and maybe around january early february tinker with it.........you know, like He always does
                        Well I agree that York is a terrific coach, but a capitalized "He" is taking it a bit too far
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Ya, my original line projections were:

J. Whitney-Gibbons-C. Atkinson
                          Kreider-Arnold-J. Hayes
                          Carey-Mullane-S. Whitney
                          Almeida-Brown-K. Hayes

Will be interesting to see if a shutdown line develops later in the season.[/QUOTE]

I would not worry too much about line combinations at this early stage of the season.

While there is a ton of pressure on early season expectations for the Eagles, one must remember that this is a critical time in the season for Coach York and his staff to experiment with forward lines, defensive combinations, PP and PK combinations.

This experimentation can cause heartburn to us as spectators but it is essential element to the development of this club for the spring run that lies ahead.

Denver will be a great opportunity to see how the team stacks up against a strong title contender in their house two nights in a row.

Going to be a blast watching this group mature.

Comment

looking at BU's cupcake schedule to start the season (2 vs UMA & UML, PC, they could very well be 7-0 by the time they get to Maine. If that happens I'd be willing to bet USCHO practically hands them the NCAA trophy

Comment

Full gallery from Toronto game now complete -

http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000OcIZux9YMpE

Can't wait for 10/29!

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Well I agree that York is a terrific coach, but a capitalized "He" is taking it a bit too far
                                was wondering if anyone caught that

Comment

Working...
                                X