This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

OK ... preseason game is this weekend. We'll do our normal fun "What will the team's record be?" starting now till next Friday when the season starts.

Curious ... what do people expect/hope to see in the preseason game that might give you a little bit more hope for this season?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

I hope to see some solid goaltending in the preseason game. Hutton and Hamilton left some huge shoes to fill and while I don't expect those to be filled right away, I'm hoping Massie or one of the freshman can step up and play well enough to give us a chance to win during the season.
    Umass Lowell Riverhawks

Comment

Hockey East had it's media day today.

The Hockey East Coaches poll. Lowell pick for 8th.
      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...9/sep29mpp.php

Hockey East announces 2010-11 composite television schedule
      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...09/sep29tv.php

Comment

In other news, the Flyers cut 28 players on Sunday, but I believe Holmstrom's still with the big club for now. I'd imagine the last set of cuts is coming up.
        Last edited by UMLFan; 09-29-2010, 04:05 PM.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell Sun article on the renovations at the Tsongas.
          http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_16204208....lowellsun.com

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            In other news, the Flyers cut 28 players on Sunday, but I believe Holmstrom's still with the big club for now. I'd imagine the last set of cuts is coming up.
            He is. Mom and I asked his brother, Josh, at the open house tonight.

Mom drove down to Marlboro to see the Worcester Sharks take on the P-Bruins in pre-season action after the open house. Carter Hutton played 1 period (I think) and let in 2 goals. Auger played, though he missed part of a period after getting hurt. Schaus did not play. Not sure if he's still up with San Jose or not since he's on the Worcester training camp roster.

Comment

Holmstrom had an assist for the Flyers on Tuesday, but didn't dress for last night's game.

Schaus was sent down to Worcester last weekend with Hutton. Auger just signed with Worcester yesterday.

Nevin Hamilton is in camp with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Kory Falite is in camp with the Peoria Rivermen, the St. Louis Blues AHL team. Barry Goers signed with Las Vegas of the ECHL, and I've heard the Paul Worthington has joined him there.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Just to change the topic for a second, the UML Field Hockey Team is at it again. With their record tying 10-0 win last night (most goals in a game), the #2 River Hawks are 9-0 during their 20 game schedule. Even more impressive, they're scored 46 goals in their 9 games, and given up 2. Yes ... 46-2. They've only been scored upon in 2 games this season, and only once have they been held to less than 4 goals (a 1-0 win their second game of the season). Good luck to them team, keep it up!
                Monty

Comment

Just to change the topic for a second, the UML Field Hockey Team is at it again. With their record tying 10-0 win last night (most goals in a game), the #2 River Hawks are 9-0 during their 20 game schedule. Even more impressive, they're scored 46 goals in their 9 games, and given up 2. Yes ... 46-2. They've only been scored upon in 2 games this season, and only once have they been held to less than 4 goals (a 1-0 win their second game of the season). Good luck to them team, keep it up!
                  You mean there's a hockey team on campus with a killer instinct? Do they give lessons? Can they skate?
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Took 'em long enough, the TIIL blog is back!
                    Monty

Comment

Monty, What's up with the Men's Soccer team? They're struggling again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Monty, What's up with the Men's Soccer team? They're struggling again this season.
                        Yeah, another disappointing year. I had hoped last year was a fluke, with a new coach, new system and all ... but it's not gotten better this year at all.
                        Monty

Comment

HOCKEY EAST MEDIA DAY HEAD COACH INTERVIEWS - Part II Includes the interview with Blaise.
                          http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...1/20100929.php

Comment

As seen on HF... Jerramie Domish and a set of British League (EIHL) all-stars are set to play "today" (10/02) against the Boston Bruins.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              Holmstrom had an assist for the Flyers on Tuesday, but didn't dress for last night's game.

Schaus was sent down to Worcester last weekend with Hutton. Auger just signed with Worcester yesterday.

Nevin Hamilton is in camp with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Kory Falite is in camp with the Peoria Rivermen, the St. Louis Blues AHL team. Barry Goers signed with Las Vegas of the ECHL, and I've heard the Paul Worthington has joined him there.
                              A few updates:

Auger was released by Worcester yesterday.
                              Sammy' D'Agostino has signed with Cincinnati of the ECHL.
                              Nevin was sent down to Wheeling of the ECHL.
                              Paul Worthington is in training camp with Las Vegas of the ECHL.
                              Tommy Powers is in training camp with Florida of the ECHL.
                              Last edited by ScottK; 10-02-2010, 08:28 AM.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X