X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    First time I can remember that I am not going t merrimack when I could go. I hate the new bucket seats (wrecks the atmosphere!) and I can't see having to go, park a 1/2 mile away, walk to the rink that has been gentrified (yuck) to walk a 1/2 mile back to my car hanging my head. Sigh. I will be listening tho. I am still a masochist.
    Les, you make it sound that Merrimack is in Lawrence
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      I'm not a big fan of the $20.00 that they are now charging to get in over there.
      I'm not sure what the big deal is. Lowell charges $14 or so, but then unless you get lucky with on street parking towards Beer Works, you have to pay $5 to park so it is basically the same thing as Merrimack doesn't charge for parking. It still beats the beck out of professional sports and is a lot cheaper.

I'm a BLC Member so I get lucky being able to park right in that close lot I would agree with the previous poster who complained about the long walk. UNH has a long walk though too and it is frigid walking up and then back down over the rr tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
        I'm not sure what the big deal is. Lowell charges $14 or so, but then unless you get lucky with on street parking towards Beer Works, you have to pay $5 to park so it is basically the same thing as Merrimack doesn't charge for parking. It still beats the beck out of professional sports and is a lot cheaper.
        Well the big deal is that when we walk into Lowell's arena, it actually looks nice.

Just having a laugh!
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Well the big deal is that when we walk into Lowell's arena, it actually looks nice.

Just having a laugh!
          In going with your humor and not being an alum, just a fan, I will say that UML has a very beautiful arena, but I actually enjoyed going to games at Tully more. The atmosphere was better, especially in the mid 90s when the team was very successful. Merrimack might not be as pretty of an arena, but I love the atmosphere and how you feel like you are right on top of the action.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            I'm not a big fan of the $20.00 that they are now charging to get in over there.
            Ironically I don't have to pay if I go to away games. Only our games.

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
            Les, you make it sound that Merrimack is in Lawrence
            Welll.....

I'm a BLC Member so I get lucky being able to park right in that close lot I would agree with the previous poster who complained about the long walk. UNH has a long walk though too and it is frigid walking up and then back down over the rr tracks.
            Driving >1 hr, parking in the next state is not attractive.
            Besides, UNH the fans are scary. I had 0 positive experiences when I went there. Haven't gone back since Lil was little and they shoved him around for cheering his Dad's team. ALso was there when Ayers' mother slugged one of our fans. (admittedly he was really riding her kid but still) and they were hurling racial epitaphs at one of our fans and then tried to get the kid thrown out. I know there are other normal people that go there but I never experienced them. Not so crazy as I used to be.

In going with your humor and not being an alum, just a fan, I will say that UML has a very beautiful arena, but I actually enjoyed going to games at Tully more. The atmosphere was better, especially in the mid 90s when the team was very successful. Merrimack might not be as pretty of an arena, but I love the atmosphere and how you feel like you are right on top of the action.
            Not a fan of the renovations at the Mack at all. Much better as an old barn than gentrified. I loved that place with the old bleachers even more than the Tully. You could walk back and forth to talk to people in different rows and hear all the banter on the bench. You also could sit where you wanted which meant behind our bench. Now. pffft.
            The atmosphere is ruined.
            Last edited by leswp1; 01-21-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

P.S. Aliens have taken over our team tonight....

Comment

P.S. Aliens have taken over our team tonight....
                I always said Fox Hall was a beacon to another world... ok, that's not true, I always wagered it was a super-weapon.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  I always said Fox Hall was a beacon to another world... ok, that's not true, I always wagered it was a super-weapon.
                  The aliens are still on the ice??

Comment

Poop the aliens are not invincible.

Comment

The aliens are still on the ice??
                      Streaming is still out... CHN says we're up by 2.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Streaming is still out... CHN says we're up by 2.
                        They went 6 skaters, drew a penalty, scored. 2 or so to go so 1 goal game

Comment

Lots of icings that are baffling Bob but now they are changing thier mind

Comment

6 skaters again, <1

Comment

icing again.

Comment

Valorani Open net SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X