This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

Monty, he wasn't even dressed but by and large, goaltending wasn't a big problem last night.
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Too bad all these losses didn't get us a great draft pick!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
        A sweep by Amherst next week will have the River Hawks eight points out (seven plus one extra to clear tiebreaker) with eleven to play. The only question I would have if Amherst does sweep is will we be able to beat Bentley?
        It's hard to believe things have gone so badly this season. Regardless of what happens next weekend Amherst and Vermont will still have 3 games at hand. Let's hope BU takes care of business tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Too bad all these losses didn't get us a great draft pick!
          ...hopefully it will get us a new coach!
          2009 Hockey East Tournament Finalists
          2012 NCAA Final 8
          2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions
          2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions

Comment

This weekend is pretty much do or die. Not that I think we can double our win total in two games but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
              This weekend is pretty much do or die. Not that I think we can double our win total in two games but you never know.
              Who do you think gets the start in net? Is Campbell going to be back? This season has been a nightmare.
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                Is Campbell going to be back?
                Campbell was on crutches at Northeastern. I've heard he won't be back for a few more weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                  Who do you think gets the start in net? Is Campbell going to be back? This season has been a nightmare.
                  At this point I really don't think it matters who you put in net. You need goals to win games and if you keep making errant passes then it's impossible to score.

Comment

At this point I really don't think it matters who you put in net. You need goals to win games and if you keep making errant passes then it's impossible to score.
                    Correct, even if they were at the HE GAPG geometric mean of 2.64, they would still be 3/4 of a goal in a hole. That's not going to win you many games, let alone a ratio of nearly 2:1 which this team has as of now

I just hope that Friday's game is entertaining not only for the sake of Rowdy, but for this team, its coach, and long time fans. An Amherst rout on TV would pretty much seal the deal for this season and maybe for some time to come.
                    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

I just hope that Friday's game is entertaining not only for the sake of Rowdy, but for this team, its coach, and long time fans. An Amherst rout on TV would pretty much seal the deal for this season and maybe for some time to come.
                      3-2 UML win Friday night on TV.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        3-2 UML win Friday night on TV.
                        I want what he is smoking...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          I want what he is smoking...
                          A good cigar.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Correct, even if they were at the HE GAPG geometric mean of 2.64
                            Why, dear lord, are we using a geometric mean?
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              Why, dear lord, are we using a geometric mean?
                              Why are we using math?? It only takes logic to see where things stand.

Comment

This weekend is pretty much do or die.
                                Completely agree here. If you look at the schedule over the next couple weeks, it is not fun. Next weekend is at Merrimack and at BC, followed by a midweek game against Bentley (which doesn't count), then one with BC at home, then one at BU the following weekend. I can't imagine stealing too many points there.

Have seen that Rowdy's up to about 1,000 tickets sold for that little marketing campaign. Hopefully there's a good crowd for the game on NESN and the team can put together a complete, hard fought 60 minutes. Anyone know how long Carr's supposed to be out for and/or who's likely to get the starts this weekend? Had trouble with the UML internet feed last week, but the Northeastern guys made it seem like Boulanger was on fire. Nice to see after a very rough first half for him.
                                U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                                UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Working...
                                X