X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

Originally posted by malz2000 View Post

? you have to be kidding me. how about a one point month? this thread will be permantly on page 3 by the new year!
    Nah. We will keep this thread on page one or two for the rest of the season as we are a sadistic bunch of fans!
    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

This maybe isn't the time or place but does anyone else have a problem with Chaz Scoggins? He is horrible on the radio as he can't put two coherent sentences together and is even worse walking around an area with his terrible Hawaiian shirts. Bob Eliis is a professional when he calls the games but I feel Chaz thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread as he gets to be the official scorer for the Red Sox once in a while.

I saw Chaz stumbling around Mullins last Saturday and it wasn't pretty.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Just because I don't have enough misery in my life, anyone know if there's a vid feed for the game tonight?
        Last edited by Go-UML; 12-10-2010, 05:45 PM.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

There is a link for premium video on the UML hockey site.
          It is http://www.goprincetontigers.com/med...B_OEM_ID=10600
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
            There is a link for premium video on the UML hockey site.
            It is http://www.goprincetontigers.com/med...B_OEM_ID=10600
            Thanks....guess I don't wanna watch that bad
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

RIley Wetmore Scoooooooooooooored. Can anyone remember the last time we actually scored the first goal Hope springs eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                RIley Wetmore Scoooooooooooooored. Can anyone remember the last time we actually scored the first goal Hope springs eternal.
                Great start! Hope it continues.
                U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Another tough one tonight. Second period was tough, even though the team came out of it +1. Third period was not fun at all. Outside of a few minutes in the 3rd, it sounded like Carr played very well. Hopefully tomorrow night, they can string an entire game together and get a little bit of positive momentum before the break. I expect we'll see Boulanger tomorrow. How did Blaise break his ribs?
                  U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                  UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

• Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                    Another tough one tonight. Second period was tough, even though the team came out of it +1. Third period was not fun at all. Outside of a few minutes in the 3rd, it sounded like Carr played very well. Hopefully tomorrow night, they can string an entire game together and get a little bit of positive momentum before the break. I expect we'll see Boulanger tomorrow. How did Blaise break his ribs?
                    so we lost? The hockey easy site is so inept it stills says 2-1 Lowell start three. Someone please update what happened. ****ing hockeyeastonline.com sucks.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

I don't know what to say? Besides thanks for sucking!!! I hope lowell plays better tomorrow! I'm tired of losing! Can we please win a game! **** you Blaise!

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        so we lost? The hockey easy site is so inept it stills says 2-1 Lowell start three. Someone please update what happened. ****ing hockeyeastonline.com sucks.
                        We packed itin in the third and gave up 4 goals (one empty netter). Blaise basically said there were some "passengers" in the game. One of the goals when off Ickert. There was no one from them in front of the net. Do we hold the record for own goals in one season yet?? Painful!

Comment

to increase the misery, we have the worst record in Division I... woo hoo!
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

It was a game of spurts, Lowell played well for the first ten minutes of the first and first ten minutes of the third but that was about it. Princeton has almost complete control of the second period and did so with the final 7:00 minutes of the third. The second Lowell goal was garbage, but we found a way to be up 2-1 after being outplayed that period. Shane Thompson had a johnny-on-the-spot chance by himself eight feet out at the beginning of the third but missed the net. I mentioned that we were going to regret missing that one.

The own goal that went off Ickert and into the net was the turning point in the game. Carr became unglued after making several quality stops in the second with an offensive barrage put forth by Princeton. The Lowell defense gave up a quick breakaway chance shortly thereafter. Breakaways against seem to be finding the net more often than not this season to put Princeton ahead 3-2. An awful time-out called by Lowell didn't do much when Lowell was shorthanded with about 5:45 to play. Princeton "scored" a goal that was waived off due to a kicked puck (no instant replay). One line later, they scored a legitmate goal on one that Carr would like to have back (not sure if five-hole or through glove). Lowell was on the PP towards the end of the game, which featured another Princeton "goal" pitched into from center that was waived off for offsides. Again, a few seconds later, Edwards was stripped of the puck on the Princeton blue line (he had a forgettable night, -3, 3 pen) by Lowry, and he sent a quick pass to Ammon to complete the natural hat trick. Ammon had an EV, PP, and SH/EA goal. Don't see that type of natural hat trick too often.

I honestly don't know when this team will win another game.
                            - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                              I honestly don't know when this team will win another game.
                              8 straight losses. Outscored 33-15 in that stretch. Yeah, this is fun.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It is the SOG stat that is scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X