X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
    Read today that Holmstrom was loaned to Philly's AHL team.

Comment

INCH Power Rankings: The Great 58 They rank Lowell at 32.

Comment

What was that quote of Blaise's that was in the NESN video last season? He was yelling something to his players on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
          Supposed to be stationed in Norfolk, VA but the Navy, in its infinite wisdom threw me an unexpected curveball and sent me to Qatar for a year. Here until July. Not much hockey out here.

Has anyone seen a boradcast on B2? I was thinking about getting a season pass but I wasn't sure if the video/audio quality was worth it or if I'd just end up streaming the audio for free instead.
          was going to welcome you too but the good folks at UML have already done that!...........thank you for your service ............like your id but kind of confusing where's the BC connection? i have watched some on B2 and it was not the best quality but worth the price
          IMO

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            was going to welcome you too but the good folks at UML have already done that!...........thank you for your service ............like your id but kind of confusing where's the BC connection? i have watched some on B2 and it was not the best quality but worth the price
            IMO
            Thanks! As for the BC connection, my old man went to BC so, as soon as I could walk, we went to two or three games every season so I grew up a BC and Hockey East fan. He's also like a FF priority 12 so I've been able to go to a few of those over the last decade or so (including Detroit last year which wasn't as bad as a lot of people said it was - kudos to the RIT fans). Started really becoming a Lowell fan when I began attending before last season. Was even able to go to a game last year and can't wait to see the rink with the renovations and scoreboard.

In case anyone wanted to know/didn't know, the media guide posted on the hockey page on athletics website and has some good info.
            U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
            UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Thanks! As for the BC connection, my old man went to BC so, as soon as I could walk, we went to two or three games every season so I grew up a BC and Hockey East fan. He's also like a FF priority 12 so I've been able to go to a few of those over the last decade or so (including Detroit last year which wasn't as bad as a lot of people said it was - kudos to the RIT fans). Started really becoming a Lowell fan when I began attending before last season. Was even able to go to a game last year and can't wait to see the rink with the renovations and scoreboard.

In case anyone wanted to know/didn't know, the media guide posted on the hockey page on athletics website and has some good info.
              The arena is going to look pretty sweet. Are you following the blog about the revovations?
              We need to rid you of the BC disease. Anyone can be a BC fan- no angst in there at all. Kind of like Hockey fan 'lite'. Here we have anticipation, disappointment, underdogness and sometimes a huge high when we are winning~ kinda like being a Red Sox fan before they finally won the world series.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                kinda like being a Red Sox fan before they finally won the world series.
                Thankfully we still don't have the pink hats.

BTW, for those that don't pay attention, I'm not sure what MC's doing, but they're doing it well right now. They've picked up 3 recruits for 2013 (one is for 13 or 14) in the last 5 days, all from the BCHL. One is a younger brother to a '11 commit, but the other two were both on the 2010 U17 BC Team. All three are '94 DOBs. Impressive.
                Last edited by UMLFan; 10-06-2010, 09:08 AM.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  The arena is going to look pretty sweet. Are you following the blog about the revovations?
                  The construction blog on the athletics website has been fun to read a couple times a week over the summer. Nice to read about some hockey to break the monotony of the offseason.

Speaking of the athletics site, it looks like they've been at work updating the hockey page. In addition to the media guide, there's also a new wallpaper, a Center Ice Club form, hockey is featured in the River Hawk Report this week, and (most importantly for those who want to listen to the games) the WUML links have been repaired. Are they doing the coach's show on the radio? I caught a few of them last year but don't remember what night they were on.
                  Last edited by goUMLgoBC; 10-06-2010, 11:41 AM.
                  U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                  UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

The construction blog on the athletics website has been fun to read a couple times a week over the summer. Nice to read about some hockey to break the monotony of the offseason.

Speaking of the athletics site, it looks like they've been at work updating the hockey page. In addition to the media guide, there's also a new wallpaper, a Center Ice Club form, hockey is featured in the River Hawk Report this week, and (most importantly for those who want to listen to the games) the WUML links have been repaired. Are they doing the coach's show on the radio? I caught a few of them last year but don't remember what night they were on.
                    First, thanks for serving ... there's nothing else I can say that can quite say it except "Thank you."

Second, it used to be Tuesday nights. Haven't heard anything yet about this year.
                    Last edited by UMLFan; 10-06-2010, 01:06 PM.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Compared to other Hockey East rinks where does the new and much improved Tsongas rank?

Comment

paging Irish08...you signed up for fantasy college hockey and we actually drafted a team on your behalf...please see the fantasy college hockey thread and let us know if you're actually going to use it.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Thankfully we still don't have the pink hats.
                          yet... i'm sure we could convince the athletic department to help the fight against breast cancer... and there we go... pink hats.

---

Is it just me or is there an odd excitement going on... I figure everybody would jump the bandwagon last year... but the arena work and everything else appears to be creating is own rolling effect.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                            Compared to other Hockey East rinks where does the new and much improved Tsongas rank?
                            Depends on if you're talking atmosphere or just in general. Atmosphere wise the stadium/fans need a lot of work.

In general, I've felt for a long time that the Tsongas is the best arena in HE. The new BU arena though is pretty good as well, but I'm biased with all the concessions and the available sightlines from all around the concourse at the Tsongas.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
                              What was that quote of Blaise's that was in the NESN video last season? He was yelling something to his players on the bench.
                              Someone has to remember this ... please. I'm talking about the Intro video they played for all NESN games on TV.
                              Last edited by PaulG; 10-06-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
                                Someone has to remember this ... please. I'm talking about the Intro video they played for all NESN games on TV.
                                Something to the effect of "Don't THINK about it, DO IT!"

My memory may be failing me.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X