X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010/2011 UML In-Season Thread

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
    To anyone who may have seen this, when Chiasson grabbed the facemask was it open or close. Makes a big difference because an open hand (pushing) is only a major (no misconduct), but a closed hand (pulling or twisting) is an automatic DQ.
    John, I'm not sure, Chiasson seemed to be as involved as any UML player at the end of game. In fact he started some crap in the handshake line and was sent to the locker room by the refs.
    Last edited by boblav1; 10-30-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Forgot to mention the Hawks wore blue tonight.

*****http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/masl/sports/m-hockey/auto_bsiwide/5900261.jpeg******
      Dear God those are ugly.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Dear God those are ugly.
        I'm dating myself but if your switch the red and white shoulder trim and you place Rowdy's patch on the front of the jersey, you get a cheap knock-off of the 1977 NYR jersey.
        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          I agree with Bob, the Wright penalty was totally unnecessary. The team played a very good game and deserved better. I can't believe these refs, how does Parker get away with getting that review? I may be wrong, but it's my understanding that a coach cannot request a review.

The team could be real shorthanded on Tuesday night. Campbell missed the game tonight, Cey left with a leg/ankle injury and Budd was given a fighting major at the end of the game which results in a one game DQ. BU's Chiasson only received a 5 minute facemasking major.
          http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mbu_uml1.o30
          you cant beliveve the refs tonight? BU had a first line defenseman thrown out early in the game for a borderline major hfb and you subsequently had a terrible 5 min pp that ur goalie ended early by shooting the puck into a line change? the play was worthy of a review to see if there was something visible. clearly there was not but its the officials job to make sure they get it right especially in the 3rd period. The officials played no factor in the outcome of tonights game. Lowell didnt capitalize enough while BU was asleep and/or trying to be too cute for 50 minutes and playing 5 dmen.
          time to write new history

Comment

Was looking at the schedule for the next couple of months or so had had to shudder a little bit:

BC (split with 'Mack this weekend, but still an excellent team)
            UVM (Tie vs. 'Mack and OT loss vs. an impressive Maine team)
            UNH x2 (A little bit of an unknown here, split vs. Miami, W at Cornell, tie vs. Michigan, but also tie vs. Northeastern)
            Merrimack x2 (This team shoots from everywhere and is especially tough to beat in Andover)
            Minnesota State x2 (Decent WCHA team)

All before one in Amherst and two at Princeton to close out the year.

Going to be a rough month and a half, but hopefully the injuried players can come back strong, the team can pick up a handful of points along the way, and the other bottom few teams in Hockey East do nothing but lose, lose, and lose some more.
            U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
            UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              you cant beliveve the refs tonight? BU had a first line defenseman thrown out early in the game for a borderline major hfb and you subsequently had a terrible 5 min pp that ur goalie ended early by shooting the puck into a line change? the play was worthy of a review to see if there was something visible. clearly there was not but its the officials job to make sure they get it right especially in the 3rd period. The officials played no factor in the outcome of tonights game. Lowell didnt capitalize enough while BU was asleep and/or trying to be too cute for 50 minutes and playing 5 dmen.
              Wasn't there so can't comment on the rest but the point is Jackie cannot ask for review. Only the refs are supposed to initiate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Dear God those are ugly.
                Seriously? I love them. Definitely better than the red IMO.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Wasn't there so can't comment on the rest but the point is Jackie cannot ask for review. Only the refs are supposed to initiate that.
                  According to NCAA rules, a "team" via its coach can ask for a review provided that the team has a timeout. If they do not have a timeout, the coach can not ask for one. Regardless of outcome, if a review is intiated, a timeout will be charged.

I'm sure Hockey East does have some additional rules and procedures when using instant replay in league games but I don't think they are publicly available.
                  Last edited by John_Fuller; 10-31-2010, 10:22 AM.
                  - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    they just seem garish... wrong colors at the wrong time? the old UML red was a lighter shade than the current red... maybe its the overuse of white on the jerseys mixed with the blue and red scheme.... they are distinctive I'll give them that.

What's the patch on the left shoulder?
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

the patch says "CC" for craig chasson...

has anyone noticed Providence is in second place??? Is that ice i see in hell?

Comment

I didn't like them either. I liked the red ones that said Lowell. The ones from a few years ago.

Comment

For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
                          GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
                          "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Rare Tuesday night game this week. With Boulanger and Carr both playing well last weekend and with a pair of important Hockey East games this weekend, who's going to get the nod? Having no inside information whatsoever, I'm going to say Carr Tuesday. I know he's had less time off, but I just have a hunch.

Also, kudos to Merrimack for hosting the Sweden U-20 team on Tuesday. Not a bad recruiting tool to have some college-age amateur players running around the campus. 'Mack has been on the recruiting war path early this season.
                            U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                            UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              Agreed. I really loved the red ones that Scarlet mentioned, but I like this blue a lot.
                              Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                              According to NCAA rules, a "team" via its coach can ask for a review provided that the team has a timeout. If they do not have a timeout, the coach can not ask for one. Regardless of outcome, if a review is intiated, a timeout will be charged.

I'm sure Hockey East does have some additional rules and procedures when using instant replay in league games but I don't think they are publicly available.
                              Lowell got hosed on that last year in a home game against someone (Amherst?) where the refs did a review after the opposing coach asked. Coach MacDonald was ****ed about that, because you can't ask for a review.
                              Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
                              GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
                              "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
                              Holy crap ... that's awful. Here's hoping the kid recovers as best as is possible.
                              Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                              Also, kudos to Merrimack for hosting the Sweden U-20 team on Tuesday. Not a bad recruiting tool to have some college-age amateur players running around the campus. 'Mack has been on the recruiting war path early this season.
                              And in the meantime, Lowell recruiting has gone deadly silent. I know there was a kid from South Shore (EJHL) at the game on Friday night.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

so Lowell starting out 1-5 right now in hockey east and it doesn't look pretty. You can look at it as us being tie in 7th place right now but UNH and UVM havent played any games really yet. In fact, Lowell has play the most games in hockey east right now. If they don't gain some points this weekend vs UNH and UVM at home then with next weekend being an off weekend, they have dug themselves a grave. Boulanger needs to control his rebounds stat. Nothing like giving up 8 goals in his last 2 games.

I would also like to give some props to Josh Holmstrom. I like his style of play very aggressive on the ice would not be surprised if he gets the A next year.
                                UML

Comment

Working...
                                X