X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    Front row, to the right of the goal judge (if you're on the ice, facing the end boards), end of the row.
    Did you give it up, Matt? Is somebody else playing it this year? Because I couldn't hear anything at our seats. It was a little weird.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
      Did you give it up, Matt? Is somebody else playing it this year? Because I couldn't hear anything at our seats. It was a little weird.
      Must have been the booming, crisp PA system that was drowning out the cowbell.
      Are you guys brothers?

Comment

My apologies CBG. I didn't hear it, guess I wasn't paying attention

Comment

So CBG is keeping the cowbell? I thought it was being moved to the students? I can barely remember that whole fiasco that started months ago. Has freak implemented any of his master plan to fix game day atmosphere or is he too busy calibrating his stopwatch for the New England 100M dash?

Important details before the real games start.

On that note, I hope you all have a good season and that my UNH friends are doing well and had a good summer (good weather gone = . Hockey season here = )
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Has freak implemented any of his master plan to fix game day atmosphere or is he too busy calibrating his stopwatch for the New England 100M dash?
            The women's hockey team must have a lot of laundry that needs to be done/sniffed. Busy times.
            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              So CBG is keeping the cowbell? I thought it was being moved to the students?
              Next season

I hope you had a good summer too!
              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

DiGi's Challenge
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                  The women's hockey team must have a lot of laundry that needs to be done/sniffed. Busy times.
                  To quote English Bob... "Quite right... quite right."
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Here's video from the UNH mid-week presser today courtesy of Biz Jacobs:

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7kyOSIPKKYE?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7kyOSIPKKYE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

Originally posted by InsideHockey View Post
                      Here's video from the UNH mid-week presser today courtesy of Biz Jacobs:
                      Excellent HD-quality video.
                      Blake Kessel is a natural in front of the camera. Sure hope he comes back his senior year.
                      Whether it's the beginning, middle or end of the season, Coach Umile looks like he's sitting in the dentist chair during these press conferences. I've seen him speak in person a few times and he can be quite charming. Must be a "Bill Belichick" thing.
                      Last edited by C-H-C; 10-07-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                        Excellent HD-quality video.
                        Blake Kessel is a natural in front of the camera. Sure hope he comes back his senior year.
                        Hope you're not getting your hopes too high.
                        "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

In case anyone missed it, tonight's game is being broadcast on CBS College Sports. Go 'cats!
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Thanks for the fyi on the tv schedule- I would have missed it otherwise! Was great to see the team in action and although it was a loss, watching some of the replay(which I don't normally do) a few things stood out.

1. UNH is fast- a lot faster than I gave tehm credit for prior to the replay. Early season lack of chemistry was very apparent in the first. If they can get that going- I think you'll see them win lots of games.
                            2. Speelman, for his size is a pretty strong kid. That first goal, faught off 2, bigger D men on the boards to poke the puck loose(reminded me of S. Collins a bit.. for a bit!)
                            3. Block- is this the same Austin Block that played last yr? He was all over the rink last night, very fast, back checked well etc. and if he and Speelman/Henrion can carry the puck a bit more and create, that #2 line will be fun to watch.
                            5. Burke??? - Was he hurt early on? He was on the box score, but honestly, I didn't hear his name or see him out there at all. Maybe the speed of the other 2 guys on the line could have something to do with that. Sorkin skated well- maybe even well enough to get a try with those speedsters?

Miami is a tough, very well experienced team with a pair of seasoned goalies. Michigan is not much different, only with more blue chip recruits on the roster. if they can scrape a win and a tie out of the next 2- that will go a long long way in PWR at the end of the year!
                            GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

Gotta feel for you guys. The officiating can be rougher than your opponents. The ref, Wilkins has a bad rep in the CCHA and just when you think you have a chance he'll screw you.

Comment

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
                                Was great to see the team in action and although it was a loss, watching some of the replay(which I don't normally do)
                                Feeling deprived after the long spring and summer, i'zon? Me too - it was a pleasure to see the men in blue play again.
                                As usual, your observations are right on the mark (i.e., I agree with them )
                                I think Burke only skated the first couple of shifts with Borisenok and Moses, then what happened?
                                I like Borisenok's grit and determination but I think he has a couple of weaknesses playing as a center. First, he has trouble banging against the boards and in the corners with the opposition's D-men - perhaps because of his size. As a result, he doesn't seem to steal the puck that often. Second, I think his faceoff percentage isn't very good, although I don't know what the data shows. I think Moses is dying for a center who can set him up more consistently and I don't know if Borisenok is the guy to do it.
                                In the past, DeSimone has received a fair amount of criticism on these threads for not living up to his potential. I think his ability to control the puck and dish out passes is outstanding and has been underappreciated. At this early juncture, it looks like this year's offense will be like many teams in the past - that is, a highly potent first line with only sporadic scoring from the other three lines. I hope one of the other lines surprises us with a breakout scorer or two.
                                Would be a reasonable outcome if UNH ties Miami tonight - like they did in the second game against Miami last year at the Whit.

Comment

Working...
                                X