X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
    You sound bothered by this fact.

I believe Dicky (and I) see potential in Silengo, and McCarey.. they win faceoffs (Silengo), play the body, and battle hard for the puck. Not much more you can ask for from a 4th line. McCarey could easily be on a better line. Neither Manz or Pavelski are bad... I like both of their efforts.

As for Saturday vs. Lowell.... I am not very impressed. 2-1? Our top players need to step it up.. now. DiGi is playing well; however.
    Another 40+ shot effort last night. They had plenty of quality scoring chances. As long as they keep throwing the puck at the net like they have been, the goals will come. Another thing is this team seems to skate for 60 minutes, which compared to last year is very refreshing.

Comment

• Re: UNH At The Starting Gate....

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
      Another thing is this team seems to skate for 60 minutes, which compared to last year is very refreshing.
      I think UNH began to shed the reputation of not skating hard for 60 minutes during the overtime victory against North Dakota in the 2009 NCAA quarterfinals. Then captain Greg Collins set the tone for skating hard every shift, Butler and Leblanc continued that attitude last season, and Sislo is carrying on the new tradition.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
        I think UNH began to shed the reputation of not skating hard for 60 minutes during the overtime victory against North Dakota in the 2009 NCAA quarterfinals. Then captain Greg Collins set the tone for skating hard every shift, Butler and Leblanc continued that attitude last season, and Sislo is carrying on the new tradition.
        Agreed. I don't remember any legitimate criticisms of last year's team not skating hard for 60 minutes.
        "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
          Agreed. I don't remember any legitimate criticisms of last year's team not skating hard for 60 minutes.
          You are absolutely right, I could have phrased that differently. They seem to be playing with more fire and intensity as compared to last season when quite frequently we didn't see it until the 3rd period.

Comment

I would never troll this forum, yet I did find one thread concerning milk cartons this year, and there are always many, many more flaming posts, and the question enters my mind, "Why are all of these BC posters so obsessed with UNH?" Here we have a land grant college in New Hampshire struggling to fund athletic programs (we won't get political and discuss taxes in the state) and struggling to attract top tier athletes, competing against schools with huge endowments and, in many cases self-perceived, status. Yet, year-in and year-out, UNH has successful programs, particularly the hockey teams.
            Right now Mr. Umile has a record of 39-23-11 against the outfit from Chestnut Hill. I think that statistic answers my own question. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
            "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
            Larry David

Comment

Congrats to Digi on being named Hockey East Player of the Week!
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Congrats to Digi, well deserved. 4 goals in 3 HEA games (all on the road).. certainly came a long way from that nightmare weekend 2 seasons ago at UML/BC, eh?

I love how he was the player of the week, yet someone was better defensively in the eyes of the league

Comment

[QUOTE=WildShawn;4922218]Congrats to Digi, well deserved. 4 goals in 3 HEA games (all on the road).. certainly came a long way from that nightmare weekend 2 seasons ago at UML/BC, eh? [QUOTE]

Arggghh; I am trying to forget that weekend two years ago, and Digi certainly helped that process this past weekend. Hoping that I can get a ticket for Friday night at Lake Whitt. Not a player in the top 50 scorers, yet ranked 9th; I like the balance of this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by billb View Post
                    I would never troll this forum, yet I did find one thread concerning milk cartons this year, and there are always many, many more flaming posts, and the question enters my mind, "Why are all of these BC posters so obsessed with UNH?" Here we have a land grant college in New Hampshire struggling to fund athletic programs (we won't get political and discuss taxes in the state) and struggling to attract top tier athletes, competing against schools with huge endowments and, in many cases self-perceived, status. Yet, year-in and year-out, UNH has successful programs, particularly the hockey teams.
                    Right now Mr. Umile has a record of 39-23-11 against the outfit from Chestnut Hill. I think that statistic answers my own question. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
                    Bingo. Insecure twerps. Not all of them, only a few.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                      Bingo. Insecure twerps. Not all of them, only a few.
                      congrats to UNH for your win (already posted on the BC thread) from this alumni of the "outfit"..........i dunno, but i'm not obsessed with UNH, rathe,r i always pull for UNH......... you guys have IMO always been a class program and i would dare say that even those who you catergorize as "insecure twerps" most likely also pull for your outfit if we aren't in it, just my opinion for what it's worth

Comment

Greg Burke will now miss the next month or so with mono.

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
                          What's his record vs. Jerry York in the postseason? How many in a row has he lost now? When was the last Umile win over York in the postseason? 1997?

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                          Congrats to Digi on being named Hockey East Player of the Week!
                          Seriously, this guy was great on Friday night. Well deserved.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                            Greg Burke will now miss the next month or so with mono.
                            The poor guy can't catch a break.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              What's his record vs. Jerry York in the postseason? How many in a row has he lost now? When was the last Umile win over York in the postseason? 1997?
                              My goodness, BC fans are so touchy lately.
                              sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosrite View Post
                                My goodness, BC fans are so touchy lately.
                                You'd be touchy too if your team hasn't raised a national championship banner in the last 10 days!!!!!! It's awful. Poor BC fans have it rough I tells ya.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X