Come Back With Your Shield, Or On It: MSU Spartan Hockey 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come Back With Your Shield, Or On It: MSU Spartan Hockey 2010-11

I watched the USHL use this new icing rule for two years, and they had problems with it four years ago. I think it's better than touch icing though as that can get dangerous. It will be interesting to see if they ever get it right, and get it CONSISTENT... I don't care if they get it wrong if they all call it the same so that the players can get in the flow. Icing is one of those things that needs refinement, but I really don't know what the right answer is. I have opinions, of course, but they change dependent upon if it's good or bad from my team.. Can you imagine?
    "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

GAMEDAY BUMP!

First real look at our team tonight and i am very excited.

Western Ontario knocked off the Lakers and appeared to stay competitive with UM so I am not expecting a blowout or anything but i do expect us to put a few in the net and control the pace of the game pretty well.

Hope to see a decent crowd there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        GAMEDAY BUMP!

First real look at our team tonight and i am very excited.

Western Ontario knocked off the Lakers and appeared to stay competitive with UM so I am not expecting a blowout or anything but i do expect us to put a few in the net and control the pace of the game pretty well.

Hope to see a decent crowd there.
        Time to fish or cut bait, those who cruised through the G&W!

Let me add a DetNews article.
        Last edited by owslachief; 10-08-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

ugggh.

Well, a lot to say about this one.

First line looked good. Leveille's first one was one hell of a well placed shot. We are gonna need that out of him this year. Gazely is still fast.

Western Ontario played real well, i thought. They certainly looked sharp and we definitely were not much of the game. Not all that surprising considering it was our first game and they are well into their season.

Our predicted lack of finish looks to be a reality. Threw a lot at that goalie and he came up big. Hope it was just a case of running into a hot goalie.

I thought we were unimpressive imposing our will defensively and around the boards. We lost some battles.

Palmisano had a rough night. I don't know if he was screened on that floater for the third goal or what but we can't give those up.

Besides the first line, i thought we struggled to generate consistent pressure. We might have a difficult time rolling 4 lines.

I would try to go into more detail about personnel but i was with some friends and could not watch as intently as i normally would,

Not too concerned but pretty disappointed. We looked fantastic at times and other times were frustrating. Big, tough weekend tomorrow so we better have gotten the rust out.
          Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 10-08-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

So here's the score:

We'll be fine

Gazley - Fish x 5
            Krug - Fish x 4 (only minus-1 fish because of one too many spin-o-ramas)
            Leveille - Fixh x 3
            Grant - Fish x 2
            Perlini - Fish x 2
            Buttery - Fish
            Josepher - Fish
            D. Chelios - Fish
            Perlini - Fish (under minimum size)
            J. Chelios - Fish/Bait about even
            Golembiewski - Fish/Bait (improving)Forfar - Bait but outfitting his fishing pole/poll
            Shelgren - Bait
            Crandall - Bait
            Palmisano - Bait x 2 soft goals - his fish hung out to dry

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
              Am I crazy for thinking Krug could carry an A. That kid is a dynamo and looks like he could be a fiery leader. Too young?
              He has matured a ton and looks a lot smarter out there. The C is perfect!
              maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

good luck having your football team stomped against UM tomorrow. My magic ball predicts that Robinson will have 450 or more all purpose yards.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                  good luck having your football team stomped against UM tomorrow. My magic ball predicts that Robinson will have 450 or more all purpose yards.
                  If "all purpose" includes his trip to the hospital, maybe. Methinks you're rubbing your magic balls a bit too hard over this one.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                    To borrow from a Facebook friend: Mr. Robinson, meet Mr. Jones
                    "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

I forgot to mention before that i actually thought our powerplay did a fine job moving the puck around and had several great chances. Hope that can continue.

I think next week will let us know just how good we can be. I am afraid we will still be a step behind due to Maine having 2 more games under their belt but I feel pretty fine about our chances to get a win or two. Just gotta shore up that defense for what appears to be a dangerous Maine attack and Palmisano's gotta be the better goalie.

Comment

Anyone else having a tough time getting used to this new software? Not so much getting used to it, but liking it?

Comment

Not a big fan, at least not yet.
                          "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

*****http://i55.***********.com/albums/g144/kc8niy/untitled.jpg******

Comment

I like the homepage layout more but I am not sure how the forums have been improved at all. Right now it is just different.

As for this weekend, We got more than i had hoped for and looked better than i thought we would. I think if this team stays relatively healthy, we should be in for a fun ride.

Good to see our penalty kill really stepping up in the second game. I also really liked our response to their 2 quick goals. We dominated the 5 on 5 play until we scored.

Not a fan of the officiating. Waaayyyyy too many penalties. Really took away from the excitement and the pace of the game felt at a crawl at times.

Comment

Definitely good to find the net this weekend ... if the power play improves things could look even better.
                                I like how hard these guys are working - I just hope ALL of our key players are healthy because there's little room for injury.
                                It was a good weekend for confidence. Now the team needs to get ready for league play and continue to play with the same fierceness - blocking shots, backchecking, active stick - that we had against Maine.

Comment

Working...
                                X