PDA

View Full Version : how come?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

GopherBigGuy911
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Did someone say fecal freak?

The hell ya say.... huh, no kidding Osorojo likes things is butt? I am sure he is the only one in the world who could sit through watching Two Girls in a Cup without wanting to vomit as well.... :eek:

TimU
09-29-2010, 06:20 PM
. . .Ivies . . . award academic scholarships which are not subject to the same restrictions as athletic scholarships. . .

No they don't.

Osorojo
09-29-2010, 06:50 PM
ivy hockey teams give out more scholarships than any other. thus, they tend to underachieve in my opinion.

TimU and Happy can't both be right about Ivy scholarships. Somebody is trying to bluff/bully his opinion into fact. Does the NCAA try to enforce regulations equally upon all D1 hockey teams or do some colleges get preferential treatment, as Happy claims?

Happy
09-29-2010, 07:44 PM
TimU and Happy can't both be right about Ivy scholarships. Somebody is trying to bluff/bully his opinion into fact. Does the NCAA try to enforce regulations equally upon all D1 hockey teams or do some colleges get preferential treatment, as Happy claims?

As an ARROGANT Gopher fan, I don't care about ivy schools. however, a school can give away all the scholarships they want, as long as they treat everyone equal.

bigmrg74
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM
insuperable (5 syllables, maximum esoterica)
phenomenon (4)
scatology (4, medium esoterica)
absolutely (4)
regularly (4)

Couldn't you have put this in the form of a haiku? a pole?
http://i15.***********.com/albums/a387/bigmrg74/Haku.jpg

I'm calling bullsh*t. This guy can't be real. I'm thinking either Sloe Gin or one of the Tech fans are screwing with us.No way, not Tech. They're engineers, not english lit majors. They don't know big words like that. They're just barely able to spell Eli Vlaisavljevich without looking at a roster. ;)

Me, hell I copied it from the roster.

Let's be nice now

Maybe he's had too many slap shots to the head or concussions from hits from behind!! :p :p

That brings me to my next point:
Properly secure your helmet kids!

******** width="480" height="385">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVvrueUjWn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVvrueUjWn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dxmnkd316
09-29-2010, 08:52 PM
No way, not Tech. They're engineers, not english lit majors. They don't know big words like that. They're just barely able to spell Eli Vlaisavljevich without looking at a roster. ;)

Yeah, but most of them are bat**** crazy enough to learn it. :D

bigmrg74
09-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but most of them are bat**** crazy enough to learn it. :D

Yeah, but thats because they used it during hockey season. Being a hockey fan is aready an admission of being crazy. Still doesn't mean that they're learning the big fancy words.

FadeToBlack&Gold
09-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Still doesn't mean that they're learning the big fancy words.

I've been accused of being the Grammar Horse on many occasions. :p

However, starting another account just to antagonize everyone else isn't my idea of wasting time.

TimU
09-30-2010, 06:08 AM

As usual, you missed the point. I was pointing out to you that Ivy League schools do not grant academic scholarships. And the NCAA couldn't care less if the Ivy League allows academic or athletic scholarships (as long as they don't offer more than the maximum number of athletic scholarships). It's the Ivy League itself that imposes and enforces those rules.

jcarter7669
09-30-2010, 06:14 AM
As usual, you missed the point. I was pointing out to you that Ivy League schools do not grant academic scholarships. And the NCAA couldn't care less if the Ivy League allows academic or athletic scholarships (as long as they don't offer more than the maximum number of athletic scholarships). It's the Ivy League itself that imposes and enforces those rules.

Well, Ivy's don't grant academic scholarships but they do provide financial aid to the point that colleges such as Harvard meet 100% of the students needs without taking out loans. So while it's technically not a scholarship they provide whatever money your family is unable to contribute, in essance providing in reality a scholarship.

But regardless, nothing you can say will sway Osorojo from his one track mind.

LynahFan
09-30-2010, 06:15 AM

Osorojo would find a way to miss the point if William Tell himself were shooting at him from point-blank range. He should come with a Miranda warning: "Anything you say can and will be misconstrued against you..."

jcarter7669
09-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Osorojo would find a way to miss the point if William Tell himself were shooting at him from point-blank range. He should come with a Miranda warning: "Anything you say can and will be misconstrued against you..."

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/05/19/article-0-09A77597000005DC-783_634x413.jpg

unhpuckfan2001
09-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Osorojo:

http://www.motivationalposter.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/unique.jpg

Osorojo
10-01-2010, 01:50 PM

As usual, you made your point the hard way. Did you mean to say "the NCAA doesn't care about standards for scholarships or what you call them as long as a college doesn't award more than 18?"
If so, you made my point. The record of DI Ivy programs proves that more rigorous academic standards for scholarships are not a fatal obstacle to a successful DI hockey program. And you proved that Dirty is talking through his hat about scholarships and the Ivy League.

kdiff77
10-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Ivy League females don't shave; they go for that Euro/green/'back to nature' (hairy legs, hairy pits, hairy backs :eek: ) thing.

Without females to focus on, they devote that extra time to hockey.

And they still don't win the Title.

Undoubtedly, this statement is educated and supported with unfathomable amounts of evidence.

jcarter7669
10-01-2010, 02:20 PM
As usual, you made your point the hard way. Did you mean to say "the NCAA doesn't care about standards for scholarships or what you call them as long as a college doesn't award more than 18?"
If so, you made my point. The record of DI Ivy programs proves that more rigorous academic standards for scholarships are not a fatal obstacle to a successful DI hockey program. And you proved that Dirty is talking through his hat about scholarships and the Ivy League.

http://i33.***********.com/albums/d67/mrwright240b/ermey2.jpg

The record of Ivy's proves squat. A.) Their record aint all that great, B.) They are successful because they have an awesome recruiting tool that other D-1 schools lack...prestige.

TimU
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Wrong on all counts. Again.

THE IVY LEAGUE DOES NOT GRANT ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS. THE IVY LEAGUE GIVES NEED-BASED AID ONLY, TO ALL ATHLETES AND NON-ATHLETES EQUALLY. I REPEAT: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ANY IVY LEAGUE ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP. YOU'VE SAID IT TWICE, AND YOU ARE WRONG.

Got it now? The only person talking through his hat about Ivy League scholarships is you.

And by the way, Happy wasn't actually claiming that Ivy League schools get away with granting more scholarships than non-Ivies. He was making a completely unsubstantiated claim as a way to point out that you had done the exact same thing in your original post. You're welcome.

komey1
10-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Not only that - recent history suggests that while the Ivies may GET to the NCAA tournament, they rarely go far. They certainly have not been to the Frozen Four in quite a while. Unless you consider making the NCAA tournament is successful (some programs do, some see that only as a starting point).

Osorojo
10-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey, TimU. Only academic need? I don't know if you have noticed, but Ivy League schools maintain quite stringent academic requirements for the admission necessary to be eligible for needs scholarships.
Meeting Ivy academic standards is a precondition for receiving Ivy needs scholarships. This means that Ivy needs scholarships are also Ivy academic scholarships, and any arguments to the contrary are bogus. Do you get my point?

Dirty
10-01-2010, 03:05 PM
And you proved that Dirty is talking through his hat about scholarships and the Ivy League.

Hahaha! I said that players often get financial assistance. Tim said they only get need based assistance. So we say the same thing yet what Tim said proves I'm talking through my hat? You are hilarious!