Minnesota State, Mankato, Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The RPI blog Without a Peer is doing a series of posts about each of RPI's opponents next season. This one is about Mankato http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/05/...ota-state.html.

I have no affiliation with the blog.
    Good, fair analysis.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State, Mankato, Season Thread

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      Good, fair analysis.
      I agree.

That set up was repeated in 1999, when the Mavericks pulled off a 3-2 overtime upset over WCHA regular season champions North Dakota before dropping the next two of the best-of-three (losing Game 3 10-0).
      I still remember this game. I laid up on a school night in my bunk bed listening to the game on my radio, and I'd write down every goal scored and bring them upstiars and show my dad on my "paper scoreboard" set up I had used for a couple years. Crazy how time flies.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Saw this on David Backes http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=565219 and Travis Morin http://hundreddegreehockey.blogspot....our-morin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Carlyle Cougar View Post
          Good articles on both. David Backes' hard work, something that showed every day here at Minnesota State is paying off greatly for him. What a great thing to see for such a bright young man.
          AF 99

Comment

Well, season-ticket renewal form should be arriving soon. After suffering through eleven years of being a season-ticket holder (the same years that Jutting has been at the helm) I've about had it.

I'm seriously leaning toward not renewing, because I just don't see things getting any better. Eleventh place, fer cryin out loud. Anybody got any good reasons that I should renew?
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Well, season-ticket renewal form should be arriving soon. After suffering through eleven years of being a season-ticket holder (the same years that Jutting has been at the helm) I've about had it.

I'm seriously leaning toward not renewing, because I just don't see things getting any better. Eleventh place, fer cryin out loud. Anybody got any good reasons that I should renew?
              Sure, we will win about 8 games this season.

Then, next year when Jutting's contract will be up, somehow we will make a run for home ice in the playoffs, actually win a series, go to the final 5, Buisman will think he did a great job, reward him with another 4 year contract, and we will go through this whole cycle again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                Sure, we will win about 8 games this season.

Then, next year when Jutting's contract will be up, somehow we will make a run for home ice in the playoffs, actually win a series, go to the final 5, Buisman will think he did a great job, reward him with another 4 year contract, and we will go through this whole cycle again.
                That's precisely what I fear. And the expectations for the program are so low, that he'll get "coach of the year" again, making it impossible to get rid of him.

Comment

It could be your last chance to see Wisconsin on home ice, and possibly UNO and UMD as well know by the sounds of it.
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    It could be your last chance to see Wisconsin on home ice, and possibly UNO and UMD as well know by the sounds of it.
                    It might be the last chance to see Mankato on any ice.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Kevin Buisman quote from today's Freep regarding the new "Super Conference".

"At the end of the day, we're going to evaluate our options and put ourselves in the best position for our program to win conference titles and earn national tournament berths."

This from the AD who a couple of years ago was quite happy to be competitive with those in our peer group. We no longer are, if we ever were.

Lets see. How many WCHA titles have we won? Zero

How many times have we sniffed the title? Zero

How many teams in the WCHA have finished 11th or 12th? Two and we were one of them and probably will be again this year.

How many NCAA berths in D1 era? Let me add this up. Looks like Buisman can't. 1+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0= 1.

What is he going to change? A new coach, doubt it. Maybe he is looking at John Hill. That would be worse.

Comment

The program is a "dead man walking" thanks to an administration that sat by while the program spiraled down into irrelevance. What options does Buisman have now? To become one of the worst teams in the Conference of Combined Leftovers?

Comment

Ah, what delicious irony. My season-ticket renewal package came in today's mail. So I can watch the death throes of Maverick hockey? I don't think so.

I've been there through all eleven Jutting years. No more.

Comment

I moved to Mankato in 2001. I had moved from the South and had no idea about anything related to hockey. I started to go to the Mavs game and really liked what I saw.

Sigh.

That was a great year for the Mavericks.

It has been downhill ever since. The past 10 seasons have been so bad that I'm only going to a few games a year.

Comment

We thought finishing at the bottom of the pack was rock bottom. At least we had the privilege of watching future NHL talent coming to town on a weekly basis, along with a smattering of our own NHL talent. Now, not so much....

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                                Kevin Buisman quote from today's Freep regarding the new "Super Conference".

"At the end of the day, we're going to evaluate our options and put ourselves in the best position for our program to win conference titles and earn national tournament berths."

This from the AD who a couple of years ago was quite happy to be competitive with those in our peer group. We no longer are, if we ever were.

Lets see. How many WCHA titles have we won? Zero

How many times have we sniffed the title? Zero

How many teams in the WCHA have finished 11th or 12th? Two and we were one of them and probably will be again this year.

How many NCAA berths in D1 era? Let me add this up. Looks like Buisman can't. 1+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0= 1.

What is he going to change? A new coach, doubt it. Maybe he is looking at John Hill. That would be worse.
                                This is by far your best post ever.

I bet Buisman wishes he would've invested in his program, the one program that could've made the University a ton of money with the right coach and dedication to the program. It's such a ****ing joke that college hockey has come down to this.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X