Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State, Mankato, Season Thread

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
    What can we expect to see from Mankato? Any players to look for?
    Shaky goaltending, lack of scoring, a powerplay that hasn't scored in a very long time. The best all-around player in my opinion is defenseman Ben Youds, and he's been off to a slow start. I guess we'll find out what happens when a lower-tier WCHA team goes against a lower-tier Hockey East team.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I am heading down to Mankato for the Dec 10 series against UND, and was just wondering how available tickets typically are. In the past, I seem to remember it fairly easy; walk-up tickets were readily available. Has anything changed? Should I submit myself to the pummeling of Ticketmaster fees and purchase tickets online?

Comment

Originally posted by HostileAndAbusive View Post
        I am heading down to Mankato for the Dec 10 series against UND, and was just wondering how available tickets typically are. In the past, I seem to remember it fairly easy; walk-up tickets were readily available. Has anything changed? Should I submit myself to the pummeling of Ticketmaster fees and purchase tickets online?
        I'd hate to be wrong and have you hung out to dry, but I don't see sellouts in the immediate future.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          I'd hate to be wrong and have you hung out to dry, but I don't see sellouts in the immediate future.
          Yeah, I've been to my fair share of UND-Mankato games and the only time I had issues getting a ticket was back in 2003 I believe when Mankato had a top notch team. I think they had an unbeaten streak of like 16 games, and swept the Sioux.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Yeah, I've been to my fair share of UND-Mankato games and the only time I had issues getting a ticket was back in 2003 I believe when Mankato had a top notch team. I think they had an unbeaten streak of like 16 games, and swept the Sioux.
            It was seventeen games. That was the Shane Joseph - Grant Stevenson team. That was fun.

Comment

I attended the Maverick game tonight in Lowell (I am a Lowell student). All I can say is that this team never stops moving their feet and has great speed. They outworked Lowell in all aspects of the game and made it look pretty easy. My buddy got a puck from Scott the equipment manager and said he seems like a great guy. Good luck on the season. Have a happy Halloween!
              UML

Comment

I was also at the game last night. Talk about opportunistic. Lowell kept turning the puck over and giving up odd-man rushes and Mankato kept capitalizing. Lowell controlled play for most of the first period and probably deserved better than 1-1 going into the break, but the second and third periods were all Mankato all the time. No question Lowell played arguably its worst game of the year, but Mankato looked pretty good once they settled down after the first.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Answered my question and managed to slip in a factoid about Mankato sweeping UND. Nicely done. Just purchased my tickets. Looking forward to one of my favorite series of the year.

Comment

Mini-gallery added to the recap of yesterday's game - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2010/11/...usetts-lowell/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Forcing myself to "spam" everyone today (well the threads of teams I've shot this season at least).

Having a Cyber Monday sale on http://HockeyPhotography.com - 10% off prints with coupon code 2010-10 (enter on checkout page) or 15% off orders of $150 or more with coupon code 2010-15.

You can find Mankato galleries here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000OWTHi4x9QtQ - or enter your favorite player's name in the search box here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelter.com/search-page

Prints make great holiday gifts for yourself or someone else.

Thanks,
                      -Melissa

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I miss the Mavs.... they looked so good tonight
                        R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
                        FOX SPORTS On David Backes
                        WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                          It was seventeen games. That was the Shane Joseph - Grant Stevenson team. That was fun.
                          The good 'ol days, eh?

Well, the Mavs hace shown signs of being competitive with some good teams at the halfway mark, and Cook has shown he's the real deal. I'd say if this team stays healthy, they have a shot at the 6 spot in the standings. They really work hard, and the style of play the last few series has been much better than the rest of the season. Should be a fun second half, can't wait for it to get rolling!

Merry Christmas Maverick fans!
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Typical Maverick squad, a couple of pretty talented kids are being supported by a bunch of hardwork. They'll be tough in t he 2nd Half, if they don't get home ice, I pity the team that draws them in the WCHA tourney.
                            R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
                            FOX SPORTS On David Backes
                            WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

What's this thread doing on the first page?
                              I hope they play well in the holiday tournament and bring some confidence into the 2nd half as well. It should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigclean View Post
                                They'll be tough in the 2nd Half, if they don't get home ice, I pity the team that draws them in the WCHA tourney.
                                How many years have we heard that? How many trips to the Final Five do we have?

Comment

Working...
                                X